International Simulation Football League
*S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) (/showthread.php?tid=47107)

*S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - zaynzk - 08-20-2023

It is 2 times media time and I do like money and i also like mock drafts so i decided to take a shot at making the first ISFL Mock Draft. A couple things to note is that I have not participated in any scouting this season or have asked any of the teams GMs what they want to do so most of these picks will be based on my limited knowledge of the draft class and some general assumptions about certain teams rosters. Also the Draft Order may or may not be correct at this time

1OA: New Orleans Second Line
Needs: Linebacker, Safety, DL
Selection: LB A Waffle - @HalfEatenOnionBagel
The Second Line have done a pretty solid job at filling alot of Key Spots on their Defense, However there is still a need at the Linebacker and Safety spots as the players there are low earning or IA, with Linebacker being particularly in need of some reinforcements, this is why I went for long term user and former Second Line player HEOB. This is a user who has been around since Season 2 and is a known Locker Room Contributor and i could see him fitting in well

2OA: Chicago Butchers
Needs: CB, Safety, WR
Selection:  S Jamie Orion - @Piercewise1
The Butchers are 100% going to have some different needs come draft time, due to the fact they have a good group of earning DSFL players, and i imagine one may swap to WR or CB, however at the moment they have 4 earning linebackers and three earning Runningbacks. However i believe that at this moment Safety seems like the correct choice and i have them selecting Orion with this pick.

3OA: San Jose Sabercats
Needs: Cornerback, DL
Selection: Pat Uncertain- @Scrizz
Cornerback seems to be the more desprate need for the Sabercats with their CB2 being a 400 TPE IA who is regressing, there are a few players who have higher TPE and might be a bit more proven in the ISFL, I feel like Scrizz seems like a very good new user who makes alot of sense fit wise for the Sabercats (other options: Ryan McBean, Wayne Miller, Xavier Moreno)

4OA: Chicago Butchers (Via Honolulu)
Needs: CB WR
Selection: Jordan Bamford @Bamford13
After picking a safety with their first pick, I have the butchers selecting a Wide Receiver with the pick they  had received from Honolulu, and have them taking another New User in Bamford, I have seen this guy alot on discord and think that he will be a pretty good pick for a chicago team that currently has one active WR who is in regression

5OA Orange County Otters
Needs: CB DL
Selection: CB Xavier Moreno @LurchingCard
On Paper OCO has a pretty solid roster with earning in most spots, however Cornerback seems to be an obvious Hole for the Otters, as they do not have a clear future option and Stark and McAlister will be getting hit hard with regression the next few seasons

6OA Colorado Yeti
Needs: DL, WR, CB
Selection: DT Ryan McBean @katarn22
While Cornerback seems to be a pretty huge need for the Yeti, I would be surprised to see them pass on former longtime Yeti Katarn, especially since Aidan Hutchinson Jr. recently just retired which created a instant spot for McBean.

7OA Yellowknife Wraiths
Needs: WR, LB, DL
Selection: LB Pete Moss @Menace0528
The Wraiths enter this draft with some obvious holes at WR, LB and the DL as they are still holding onto a few core aging members who will be hit super hard by regression, I have them selecting Pete Moss from a recreate who is better known as Blogl. Despite the fact he is a known Furry i believe that he will be a huge part of the YKW LB core

8OA Sarasota Sailfish
Needs: CB, WR
Selection: WR Orange Julius @OrangeJulius
The Sailfish are another team that likely can draft for a season ahead, as there biggest needs are spots that they have pretty solid placeholders but likely need some long term answers. I have them selecting Orange Julius as he is the highest TPE player left and could replace Rockbo pretty soon to give Miller another option

9oa Berlin Fire Salamanders
Needs: QB, LB, WR
Selection: Tua TurnDaBallOva @"SomeSay"
Berlin is a team that is currently quite competitive meaning they do not have too many holes, however there are a few spots they could take. But since its hard to predict what exactly their plans will be I have them suring up their QBoTF, Somesay is a former long time berlin player and will likely fit right into the Berlin Offense as their QBoTF

10oa Austin Copperheads
Needs: DL, CB
Selection: DL Trent Thigpen @GrimmCrackers
Austin is another team that is looking to draft to expand their current window, and targeting someone on the DL or a CB would help them in that goal, Trent Thigpen is the highest earning DL left so will be taken with this spot

11oa: Cape Town Crash
Needs: WR, QB
Selection: TE Thomas Passarelli @Tmoney6996
I really though about taking a Quarterback with this pick, however I am unaware of any clear cut connection between CTC and the QBs on the board, so i think they will be fine letting Baltimore decide for them

12oa: Arizona Outlaws
Needs: LB, DL
Selection: LB Joey Battle @captainsb
Arizona has a aging Linebacker Core, with their entire core in regression, so they are in need of some youth to be injected into the team, thats where Joey Battle would fit in perfectly to help the outlaws get younger at a position they desperately need some re-inforcements too

13oa: New York Silverbacks
Needs: RB, CB, OL
Selection: RB Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple
The Silverbacks have needs at RB and CB, which allows them a range of a few different potential selection. I personally would love to have the opportunity to play with Dogwood again, after he spent his entire last player with the silverbacks so think it would be both a fun time a solid fit if this is how the silverbacks opted to go

14oa: Baltimore Hawks
Needs: QB, OL
Selection: Thor Bǫllrsveifla @Thor
The Hawks are a team with not too many holes at all, with them drafting a decent amount of players last year which should replace some of their future needs down the line, however, this would be a smart time to look for the QBoTF, and I know that Thor is someone who has worked quite closely to many war room members in Baltimore so there is a pretty natural fit in this regard.

Also again, I have not scouted anyone yet or even talked to any GM (including my own) about plans for this upcoming draft so this list is super raw, and if you are not included in this and think you should be feel free to pass complaints to mock draft expert @"laser"

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - OrangeJulius - 08-20-2023

A Waffle deserves that #1 spot fr! Great mock!

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - wizard_literal - 08-20-2023

This mock is either really accurate, really wrong or somewhere in between

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-20-2023

Stopped reading after the first pick, what a joke

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - Scrizz - 08-20-2023

Me at pick 3 is a massive W

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - katarn22 - 08-20-2023

[Image: d95.gif]

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - Tmoney6996 - 08-20-2023

Waffle a lock at #1 for sure. I'm just happy to have made the first list haha

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - Bamford13 - 08-20-2023

Love being above OJ

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - Piercewise1 - 08-21-2023

(08-20-2023, 10:57 PM)Bamford13 Wrote: Love being above OJ

If you and I both go top 4 to the same team I will lose my freaking mind.

RE: S44 First Mock Draft (2x Media) - lemonoppy - 08-22-2023

Blorgl isn't a furry yet, only after his HoF induction