International Simulation Football League
*S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S44 Mock Draft 2.0 (/showthread.php?tid=47235)

*S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - zaynzk - 08-30-2023

Hello im back again, this time i have talked to a few GMs and a few users and have tried to make a slightly more accurate mock, this is most likely not 100% accurate yet, but just some stuff I could see happening, however majority of these teams have not finished scouting or completely ironing out their targets yet

1oa: New Orleans Secondline: TE Thomas Passarelli @Tmoney6996

When talking too NOLA they mentioned that they would most likely be going BPA rather then a strict pick, and while there are alot of amazing users are going to be in consideration, I am aware that Tmoney is someone who is open to moving to a few different positions and seems like an excited new users. and the Second Line are hoping he could be one of the missing links for them to turn into true contenders

2oa: Chicago Butchers: DT Ryan McBean @katarn22

Chicago mentioned they want to address a few positions on the defense outside of linebacks, with the 2nd pick in the draft I have them taking Katarn who is a long time user who is a war room contributer and played with the Yeti for his entire career with his first player and the Butcher likely view him as a long term replacement to the stellar Joseph Reed

3oa: San Jose SaberCats: LB A Waffle @HalfEatenOnionBagel

SJS has plenty of needs and have mentioned that they see themselves drafting a few strong defensive pieces. I could see them taking a former Cat in HEOB with the 3oa pick. I believe that they will be thrilled to bring HEOB back home.

4oa: Orange County Otters: DT Trent Thigpen @GrimmCrackers

When Talking with OCO they mentioned a desire for some more help on the DL, and that is where Trent comes in, this is a newer user who has been earning very well and has been among the names of people i have heard of people who have had a pretty good early reputation, so I could see him being someone who ends up going somewhat higher, and feels like a good fit.

5oa: Chicago (via Honolulu Hahalua) S Scott Junior - @JoeSteel

I have chicago picking a DB with this pick, and I have decided to go with Scott Junior with this pick, he is someone who is already in the london war room and has been earning very well. I could see him being a big part of the Chicago Defense for years

6oa: Yellowknife Wraiths WR Orange Julius @OrangeJulius

Yellowknife is a team that mentioned Wide Reciever being a need for them, so i decided to give them one of them. There is a lot of good WRs but i went with Julius as he seems to be part of the London War Room already and is currently playing Draft Day Sports so he probably sim tests (or he just has a bad taste in video games), I think that this seems like a good culture fit so that this will be a match made in heaven for the Wraiths

7oa: Berlin Fire Salamanders: QB Tua TurnDaBallOva @SomeSay...

I am still blowing the horn on the SomeSay to berlin train. I feel like he is the Quarterback that fits the best with Berlins Locker Room and he is a former Salamander. When talking with Berlin they did say they are still considering the other options heavily and have been pretty high on both but i feel like they might pull the trigger on bringing SomeSay Home

8oa: Colorado Yeti: WR Jordan Bamford @"Bamford13"
Another user who is pretty engaged and excited about the league. The Yeti have a few different spots they are considering filling but have mentioned that they are looking at an offensive weapon, and Bamford is someone who both fits what the yeti are looking for user wise, with his engagement and excitement, while also being someone who is open to playing a few different positions of the offense

9oa: Austin Copperheads: LB Thor Dangerson @homercrates

Austin is looking for a few pieces on the defensive side of the ball and i could see them taking another very discord active user in Thor Dangerson, with spicy Ron on his last legs and Ryan Knock being IA, a Linebacker is something that i could see the Copperheads going for in this draft

10oa: Sarasota Sailfish: S Jamie Orion @Piercewise1

Piercewise has been one of the better earners in the league so far. Sarasota have a need in the DB room so it feels like a good fit to take Orion if he slides to their pick at this point. The Sailfish will be able to address their holes in the Secondary using Orion

11oa: Arizona Outlaws: LB Pete Moss @Menace0528

Blorgl! I think Linebacker is one of the bigger needs for the Outlaws and i feel like they might end up taking Blorgl with this pick. He is both one of the highest tpe players left on the Board and also fills a pretty big position of need of the outlaws

12oa: Cape Town Crash: QB Thor Bǫllrsveifla @Thor

With this pick I have the Crash picking their QBoTF. Negs mentioned maybe looking at other positons but I feel like a QB going before their first pick might push their hand to pick a QB over waiting due to both Baltimore and Honolulu being in the potential market for a QB. I could see Thor being able to fit into the Crash offense and being a great part of their future

13oa: Chicago (Via New York): RB Maple Dogwood @dogwoodmaple

With this pick I see the Butchers taking a Running back with their final first after fufilling two of their defensive spots. They had recentlly traded away their runningback as part of the trade that got them this pick so it might make sense to use that pick to find their next one. Dogwood is a great user who would fufil a massive hole for the butcher

14oa: Baltimore Hawks: QB Lenard McRobinson @shadyshoelace

With the final pick in the first round i have the Hawks picking Shady with this pick. With two out of the three Quarterbacks going before this pick, I see the Hawks wanting to not roll the dice on the Hahalua passing on Shady in the 2nd round and secure their QBoTF with this pick. Shady was a former Hawk so this is likely a potential match that makes alot of sense for both sides 

Thanks everyone for reading this, i will likely do one more mock eventually before the draft starts when the standings are more set but in the meantime hope you enjoy

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - Assistant to the POR GM - 08-30-2023

What did I do to go down 4

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - slate - 08-30-2023

I assume that this is all stolen material from zamir's unpublished media drafts

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - zaynzk - 08-30-2023

(08-30-2023, 04:50 PM)slate Wrote: I assume that this is all stolen material from zamir's unpublished media drafts
Who do u think banned him and stole his work

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - GrimmCrackers - 08-30-2023

(08-30-2023, 04:41 PM)Bamford13 Wrote: What did I do to go down 4

he thought your cologne was a little strong

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 08-30-2023

Imagine getting mocked below Katarn damn

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - homercrates - 08-30-2023

This is absolutely preposterous to have Thor, Pete Moss, and Jamie Orion not go before me.
head to head Moss is a better LB a longer tenured user.
Thor is just that Thor doesn't even need a last name.

in round 2 NOLA passes on me because they now have LB Sackarelli
I go in the 2nd high spot to Chicago who takes a chance because they already believe in class sFourFour.
I sit in the DSFL in Portland until the max time one can spend down there doing all kinds of blood doping and growth hormones and singing lessons and other ill stuff.

I am just glad I made my way into mentions.
This is the way.

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - homercrates - 08-30-2023

(08-30-2023, 06:07 PM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote: Imagine getting mocked below Katarn damn
You are my pick for top LB

RE: S44 Mock Draft 2.0 - Assistant to the POR GM - 08-30-2023

(08-30-2023, 06:16 PM)homercrates Wrote: This is absolutely preposterous to have Thor, Pete Moss, and Jamie Orion not go before me.
head to head Moss is a better LB a longer tenured user. 
Thor is just that Thor doesn't even need a last name.

in round 2 NOLA passes on me because they now have LB Sackarelli
I go in the 2nd  high spot to Chicago who takes a chance because they already believe in class sFourFour.
I sit in the DSFL in Portland until the max time one can spend down there  doing all kinds of blood doping and growth hormones and singing lessons and other ill stuff.

I am just glad I made my way into mentions.
This is the way.
You gotta believe in yourself my dude