International Simulation Football League
*S3 Wide Receiver Predictions - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S3 Wide Receiver Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=4731)

*S3 Wide Receiver Predictions - ItsJustBarry - 09-18-2017

On the morning of the S3 regular season, I will take a look at the wide receivers drafted in the most recent draft and what impact I predict them to have in the upcoming season.

Samuel Zhang – 23rd overall – Arizona Outlaws

We’ll start here with Samuel Zhang. He was drafted 23rd overall to the Arizona Outlaws and was the second wide receiver drafted. I mean, what do you get the team that already has everything? The Outlaws owned 25% of the picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft. With the addition of Zhang, the Outlaws felt they could deal Mayran Jackson and not miss a step. Zhang was very vocal and active during the offseason and leading up to the draft which likely increased his stock. Heading into week 1 with 138 TPE earne3d so far, I expect to see an immediate impact on offense. Dustin Evans and C.A. Chess are no doubt the top targets on the field, but with an offense as explosive as this, there is plenty of wealth to spread around. In the preseason, Zhang racked up 11 catches for 115 yards (avg. 10.4) and 1 TD. I will base this prediction on the fact that he may not be on the field for every offensive snap. I would expect Zhang to finish season 3 with around 500 yards and 4 TDs which may be a generous estimate given the talent that surrounds him.

Jaquan Young – 28th overall – Yeti

Jaquan Young came off the board 5 picks later and is headed to Colorado. With the sudden retirement of Rich Gucci, the Yeti were looking to fill a newly acquired hole in their depth chart. Young joins the Yeti as an immediate WR3 option bringing 73 TPE with him which leaves a 100 TPE deficit from Gucci. Now, with QB situation in Colorado, expectations may be down for this receiving core. While expect Young to see ample playing time, I am not sure Yeti will have the offensive production from a year ago. Look for Jaquan Young to have around 250 yards and find the end zone twice.

Connor Tanner – 41st overall – Las Vegas Legion

Connon Tanner was drafted by the Las Vegas Legion with pick 41. He was then made eligible for the DSFL draft where he was taken by the Tijuana Luchadores. Connor appears to be active and is gaining TPE steadily. As a tight end, he has only had a minor impact for the Luchadores. In 3 preseason games, he has 12 receptions for 55 yards and did not find the end zone. In the DSFL, the sky is the limit for any active player. Despite his slow preseason start, I will predict that Tanner finishes the season with 400 yards and 3 TDs.

Budda Browning – 43rd overall – Phildelphia Liberty

Budda Browning is the quarterback turned wide receiver for the Philadelphia Liberty. The Liberty already have Fox North and Damien Kroetch as well as one of the best, naturally-enhanced tight ends in Paul DiMirio. Although he did not see the field of play in the preseason, I expect him to supply the Liberty with a complimentary role when this season kicks off. While he will fight for playing time initially, with his work ethic I would not be surprised if he was competing with Kroetch for the WR2 spot come season’s end. I expect Clifford Rove to be the starting QB for the Liberty at some point this season which could bode well for Budda. Unfortunately, Browning may suffer from a similar hurdle that Nate Atasuke will face in Orange County. There is just too much talent on the roster which will make it difficult to shine. I’ll predict Budda Browning to finish the season around 300 yards and 1 TD.

Nate Atasuke – 46th overall – Otters

Nate Atasuke was taken 46th overall by the Orange County Otters. He will be plugged into the wide receiver 3 spot to replace departing Trey Willie. As we saw last season, despite the receiving talent on this roster, there is still room for a newer receiver to thrive. Competing with Robert Phelps and Bradley Westfield for looks will probably be more difficult as facing off with the CB lined up across from him. In the preseason, we saw the targets for Nate increase each week. He finished the preseason with 11 catches for 92 yards for an average of 8.3 YPC. I expect Nate to be targeted at least 4 times a game. If he can make the most of these opportunities, we could expect him to finish the season around 400 yards and at least 2 TDs.

Brian Wheat – 47th overall – Baltimore Hawks

Brian Wheat was taken with the 47th overall pick by the Baltimore Hawks. When Brian was selected, it was assumed he would most likely spend his first season in the DSFL. The Hawks already had Matthew Vincent and Cooper Christmas and had selected Trey Willie earlier this draft. Fast forward just a few days and Brian Wheat is becoming a value pick. With the shocking retirement announce ment of Matthew Vincent and reports that Christmas have been MIA, Brian Wheat is going to see the field a lot this season. While Vincent will remain a Hawk for this season, Wheat will be expected to step up and replace an imminent hole by season’s end. Wheat did see some limited playing time in preseason as different offensive sets were tested. He finished the preseason with 6 catches for 52 yards. While Wheat will likely just play a WR3 role this season, his career in Baltimore has a limitless ceiling. For season 3, I will stay on the conservative side here and predict he finishes with 300 yards and 2 TDs.

Trey Willie – 10th overall – Baltimore Hawks

The last receiver we will take a look at is Trey Willie. He was drafted 10th overall by the Baltimore Hawks and was the first receiver taken in the S3 draft. When he was drafted, many expected him to start in the WR3 role and potentially eclipse Cooper Christmas by season’s end. Now, as I’ve already mentioned, the departure of Matthew Vincent has increased value in all remaining receivers in the Baltimore locker room. Willie will be expected to take over for Vincent when the season concludes. Willie played the majority of the preseason in the WR2 role while the Hawks played around with a few new formations. Willie completed the preseason with 24 catches for 334 yards and 2 TDs. This has to be exciting news for fantasy owners that took a gamble and picked him up. With the wide receiver shake up in Baltimore, I can predict Trey Willie to have at least a 700 yard season and 5 TDs. While it would seem unlikely for a rookie in an already established league, I would not rule out Willie eclipsing 1000 yards.

While I did my best to check out preseason production and check current team’s depth charts, I am by no means an expert on anything. Feel free to tell me why I am wrong below.

Code:
1192 words

inb4 @kckolbe drops actual NSFL knowledge and picks this thing apart.

GRADED

*S3 Wide Receiver Predictions - adam2552 - 09-18-2017

Don't forget Budda Browning, he was a QB but converted to WR.

*S3 Wide Receiver Predictions - ItsJustBarry - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 12:20 PM)adam2552 Wrote:Don't forget Budda Browning, he was a QB but converted to WR.

Thank you. I got something added for him.

*S3 Wide Receiver Predictions - kcheng686 - 09-18-2017

I dont know where the II came from on my name lol.

Its just Samuel Zhang