International Simulation Football League
*Mega Tron's wild week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Mega Tron's wild week (/showthread.php?tid=47311)

*Mega Tron's wild week - McGriddy10 - 09-07-2023

So this is a new thing for me. I'm recapping Mega Tron's week so far, and hoping I don't mess up. Let's get started.

Monday rolls around and Mega Tron is in the Royals' gym working on his bench press, squats, and deadlifts. Mega Tron listens to one song and one song only when he works out and that song is Enter Sandman by Metallica. So Mega has his London Royals-colored Beats headphones on and is vibing out when he accidentally puts two 45-pound plates on both sides of the bar, which makes the total weight a whopping 225 pounds. Mega didn't notice it until he started hitting the reps and thought "Why is this bar so damn heavy"? He then looked at the bar and saw his mistake. This didn't deter him though, he went on and crushed 10 reps which was a PR at the time for his bench press. Now onto squats, Mega wanted to make sure he had a lot of strength in his legs for the rest of the season. Mega decided to do 4 sets of pyramid reps. A pyramid rep is when you start at the lowest weight you can do and do the most reps you can at that weight, and then increase it in each subsequent set all the way to your max weight. Mega's max squat weight was 250 pounds, so he wanted to start at 175 pounds that way by set 4 he'd be at his max. Mega once again crushed the weights and felt really good about himself afterward. He decided to forgo the deadlifts as he wanted to get some conditioning and drill work in. He worked on receiving drills with the DSFL's best QB, Josh Patterson. Josh had Mega run many different routes to work on their timing as a unit. Mega's favorite routes were the streak routes where Josh would place the ball in front of him and he'd have to work on over-the-shoulder catches. They also worked on sideline drills, but we don't speak about that. On to Tuesday.

Tuesday is the first gameday of the week for the DSFL.  Mega Tron didn't do anything all day except stay in the locker room studying his opponent's film, so he could try to pick up tendencies to try to exploit in the game. When all of his teammates came to the facilities, they asked him what was doing there already. He casually replied, "I'm becoming a better player and teammate". Josh Patterson came walking in and tapped Mega on the shoulder and said, "I'm gonna target everyone equally, so don't get bummed about not having many targets". Mega Tron told him, "Buddy, I'm not worried about that." Going into the game, London was prepared for the matchup. Mega Tron went out onto the field and balled out and caught 7 of 11 targets going for 86 yards and 2 TDs. On the flip side of the ball, Mega Tron had 4 pancakes.. Since when did a wide receiver have 4 pancakes? Well, that's all for Taco Tuesday.

Wednesday was a boring day as there were no DSFL games, but Mega Tron went to San Jose and hung out with his future ISFL teammates. Russet Beater and Brooks Piggott welcomed him to his future home. Mega was amazed at the difference in the two teams' facilities. Mega Tron told the team that he would be there in S45. San Jose had Mega be their hype man for the game against the defending champs. Little did Mega know, his positive energy and enthusiasm would be all the Sabercats needed to defeat the defending champs by a score of 30-17.

Thursday came and it was once again another DSFL gameday. This time, it was a doubleheader against Norfolk and Portland. Mega was going through his typical routine upon entering the facility for the Royals. He was called over to Josh Patterson's locker and Josh told him, " The Sabercats want me to go up next season, and they wanted me to ask you about you being called up". Mega Tron was scared at first because he would be at a significantly lower TPE than some of the best in the ISFL. Josh assured him that them going up together would be a great choice for both of them as the chemistry would continue. Mega Tron instantly called his ISFL GMs, Russet Potato and CK Royal92" and let them know that he was down for coming up a season early and didn't care about the lower TPE that he would have. Russet told him that he would be switched in between the team's top 3 receivers, but not to worry because he'd become a top receiver in S45. Mega Tron told his GMs "If I have to start off as a 4th string WR, I don't care. I will work my butt off to become a top WR for the team". Josh Patterson was so ecstatic to know that his best friend was going to be playing with him at the next level after this season. 

Nothing for Friday-Sunday.

Code:
849 words

RE: Mega Tron's wild week - Urq660 - 09-07-2023

SJS SJS SJS SJS

RE: Mega Tron's wild week - homercrates - 09-08-2023

Congratulations on Mega Tron getting the go ahead! along with Patterson 'that doors marked pirate'?! aweomse.