International Simulation Football League
*The Blorgl Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The Blorgl Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=47532)

Pages: 1 2

*The Blorgl Mock Draft - JoeSteel - 09-18-2023

Hello everyone, this is my purely-for-fun mock draft. Most of this was done based on my conversations with GMs, other mock drafts, and what it seemed like a team needed. I did absolutely no research into how old players were and did about to regress because I already felt like I put more work into this than anything I ever did in school. I was just going to write Blorgl a few times and call it a day, but with media availability I decided to actually try. No leaks involved or allowed! I will also involve fun facts from player's wiki to make it a bit more obvious who is who.

1. NOLA - Pete Moss, LB NOLA

Obviously the most efficient defensive player in this entire draft. Sim blessed and is active in the locker room. NOLA is expecting to be on the up turn of a rebuild, and a defensive player that can grow up around what's soon to be a great defensive unit is always needed in that. Also the best breakfast dessert by far, at it has pockets to hold the syrup and butter.

Fun Fact: This player actually went to college at a Culinary Academy in order time bed a pastry chef!

2. CHI - Pete Moss, TE(LB) CHI

Chicago had a season in which it seems like their defense just could not get stops. It's really going to be a toss up here as far as WHICH player they go for, but picking based on locker room presence and activity over TPE makes sense with a younger core. Position flexibility would possibly impact this, but in such a stacked draft and with a few picks early Chicago can afford to take a chance here. Hopefully he stays at TE and doesn't revert to LB like everybody says he would.

Fun Fact: This player actually played baseball until high school when he made the switch to football!

3. SJS - Pete Moss, DT SJS

San Jose only has one DT on their roster, and arguably one of the best LBs. Getting another interior rusher to ensure the other defenders are playing in position can help take that defense to another level in spite of regression coming. Also getting a veteran player ensure they're not likely to now go inactive and gives this pick that much higher value. Being the top of the class in TPE elevated him above the other DT.

Fun Fact: This player actually took 3 years off in lieu of playing during his college years.

4. YKW - Pete Moss, LB YKW

Disappointed that Blorgl wasn't first overall. Yellowknife has an obvious need there and with Moss could even get an immediate upgrade. Perfect fit for both teams. Locker room presence and Blorgl facts are worth him going higher tho.

Fun Fact: This player is actually a plant and will probably get in trouble with the league for their performance enhancing fertilizer whenever HO catches on.

5. OCO - Pete Moss, DT OCO

Orange County needs that inside pressure and with the only other high earning DT gone, the Otters still manage to snag a higher earning one.. The archetype will do wonders for this defense and ideally disrupt pockets enough to let their secondary make plays.

Fun Fact: This player actually holds a state title for shot put!

6. AUS - Pete Moss, LB AUS

One of the two gods of thunder in this league, his graphic prowess and activity warrant him this spot. Austin already has a need at LB, so yet again another perfect fit. He will bring a lot of energy to an already active locker room and overall upgrade the team.

Fun Fact: This player spent most of their childhood working for a necromancer!

7. SAR - Pete Moss, WR SAR

The run on defense allows Sarasota to pick up an already amazing player. Active simmer and on discord, and one of, if not the first, rookie of his class to become a DSFL GM. This player will complement well with Miller throwing.

Fun Fact: This player nearly quit after losing their father, but instead came back and won a Heisman!

8. BER - Pete Moss, QB BER

It's really going to be a toss up here as far as which QB not named Turndaballova will go, but activity and the Field General archetype are more reliable and less luck-based. The other god of thunder pretty much only second because of need, but still in the first round. Surely to be a great LR presence and player in the future.

Fun Fact: This player, unlike the other one, can actually control storms!

9. COL - Pete Moss, S COL

While I certainly hope I'm not going this late, first round is first round. I'll bring a great defensive presence to a backfield that's already good so I'll be able to develop some before needing to see game time. Activity helps keep me in the first round amongst all the maxed out rookies.

Fun Fact: His father is famous Chinese Basketball League player Not Junior

10. CHI (via HON) - Pete Moss, CB CHI

The best DSFL GM and active player, he's the best player available for defense and the run on defense in the first has Chicago wanting desperately. The interior line will be missing some backup, so instead the Butchers decide to shore up the secondary with a great locker room player. Also adds some international flavor to the team.

Fun Fact: This player didn't allow a single TD for their 2 years at college!

Instead of a second round I'll just give an honorable mention to Pete Moss(WR) who will definitely be the first pick of the second round with absolutely no irony involved. He's a great player and might have gone earlier but I will not mock him ahead of myself even if it made sense. No fun facts.

I appreciate anyone who actually took the time to read this! I think I focused too much on activity and not enough on stats, but again this was mostly just for fun. I'm sure one of two picks straight up won't make sense, and even less will be accurate. I hope everyone enjoys it tho, and it was fun for myself to be able to look into everybody's players and wiki. I hope everyone enjoys the draft and that the memes/debates afterwards are fun. And good luck on this upcoming season! Let's go *enter team here after draft*

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Thor - 09-18-2023

blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - zaynzk - 09-18-2023

Blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Chicken Lips - 09-18-2023

Pete Moss is a steal at 1oa. Col taking Pete Moss at 9oa seems like a reach though

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - wizard_literal - 09-18-2023

blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Sebster - 09-18-2023

blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Tmoney6996 - 09-18-2023

Blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Assistant to the POR GM - 09-18-2023

Blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - OrangeJulius - 09-18-2023

Blorgl

RE: The Blorgl Mock Draft - Triceracop - 09-18-2023

Blorgl