International Simulation Football League
*Dawelle takes flight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Dawelle takes flight (/showthread.php?tid=47567)

*Dawelle takes flight - AW13 - 09-18-2023

Yes yes, it is that time again, time for a brand new ISFL player. My 5th player actually which seems a bit crazy to me but to be fair, I am not exactly known for fighting regression much with my players here. Nevertheless, it's 5th player time! Following in the footsteps of Joliet Christ, Deondre Thomas Fox, Joliet Christ Jr., and Fat Jack, my new player has some solid competition for being my best ever player when all is said and done. I have actually never had a player not reach an Ultimus and aside from my current existing/last player Fat Jack, each of them has won an Ultimus trophy. Christ won one with San Jose and lost another, Thomas Fox won two, also with San Jose, Christ Jr. won one with Honolulu, and Jack unfortunately fell victim to Baltimore in this past Ultimus. So, this next player has some team success he would have to try and accomplish! What I wanted to do now was sort've give that preliminary look at the new player, give a little info on scouting or for scouting purposes at least and well...make some money to continue to accomplish my goals!

Who is your new player?

My new player is cornerback Dawelle Wevis. He is a Physical Corner archetype to be able to use his size, strength, and skills to be a top corner in the league.

What was the reasoning for your choice? Defense again?

So, originally, I was never going to make another defensive player after Fat Jack. His career was for the most part a large disappointment majority of the time. I thought I'd have my new player a few seasons ago and have a brand new running back or tight end or wide receiver or something that made sure I could see a big impact. However, this past season I fell more in love with defense in the league and in general as shown by my Gemini award winning series about team defense (That I will be getting the full season article out for soon!). It is underappreciated but it matters a lot and it takes certain people to make it all work so, yeah, I wanted to be that. As a Jets fan, I have been blessed to watch a lot of good corners in my time such as Sauce Gardner, DJ Reed, Antonio Cromartie, and of course, hall of famer Darelle Revis. I thought, hey, why not be Revis, and just give his name a little baby talk or Barry Kripke sortve name (for the Big Bang Theory fans out there) and have some fun. With that, Dawelle Wevis was born! I wanted to emulate one of my favorites to ever do it and have some fun while doing so!

Going to max earn? How active will you be?

This one is both an easy and difficult one to answer. One, I plan on being a max earner my whole career this go around. Two, I am trying to limit my time on sim leagues mostly surrounding discord so I won't be or try to be as active in a locker room setting but I will be around for sure. I plan to do my media and get equipment every season and be more of a silent killer which would be ideal for me! I will still retain my job as awards head of the league so I have some solid mo ey coming in but I just won't be your most active locker room participant, hopefully fair!

Career Goals?

This one is interesting because I've had a lot of success so far with all my players. I have an MVP and a hall of famer, I have multiple Ultimus trophies, and I have been able to play for successful teams. I would love to have a defensive hall of famer so this should be a fun time to try! I would love, honestly to be a franchise cornerstone for who drafts me and help build up a top tier defense. I would love to be a number one corner in a top tier tandem in the league. So, ideally, I'd love to be a 1a to a 1b for the team who drafts me. Obviously things can always change or have things out of your control but loyalty and dominance are my priorities right now. Draft wise I'd also love to be a top 5 pick but happy to land wherever. We chill this time around!

Any teams you are looking for?

Not really! Though I would be lying if I said it wouldn't be fun to try something new! Aside from a brief stay in Berlin with Christ Jr., I have never players for another NSFC team. I have been on San Jose with almost every player at some point also. Now, if I ended up in San Jose or another ASFC team, I wouldn't complain, but new things can be fun. I'll be a corner for anyone! DSFL wise, any team works there as well!

Anything else?

Trying to have fun, chase a hall of fame career again, and really dominate this time if I can! I would prefer to be scouted by whoever drafts me but I get it, sometimes it's not possible to get to that stuff and there is this article to fall back on. I won't change position or archetype most likely and build wise, I usually take advice but normally do my own thing. I hope to be pretty chill and a nice addition to any franchise and I love meeting new people. Hopefully you will take a shot at Wevis and based on track record we can at least experience an Ultimus appearance together!

RE: Dawelle takes flight - g2019 - 09-19-2023

Bust

RE: *Dawelle takes flight - lemonoppy - 09-22-2023

ezpz scouting