International Simulation Football League
Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em (/showthread.php?tid=4760)

Pages: 1 2

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - jaskins811 - 09-19-2017

Right now there is no difference between getting 1 or 2 picks correct or getting 3 or 4 picks correct. Especially with it being based on a line now, that makes predictions a lot harder to get right, and on top of that, there is no more TPE for participation. That's why I believe the pick'em should award TPE like the following:

4 correct choices: 5 TPE
3 correct choices: 3 TPE
2 correct choices: 2 TPE
1 correct choice: 1 TPE
0 correct choices: 0 TPE

This incentivized getting all of the picks correct and makes up for the fact that you no longer get TPE for participating in the pick'em. Since it is a lot harder to get the right picks now due to the line, I think this will be a good change!

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - RainDelay - 09-19-2017

+1

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - kckolbe - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 10:09 AM)jaskins811 Wrote:Since it is a lot harder to get the right picks now due to the line, I think this will be a good change!

It isn't just HARDER, it's less skill-based toward the end of the season. Right now people who do the work to know how good each team is are going to get about 3 right per week. By mid-season, though, it's gonna be roughly 50/50. Your plan would heavily reward luck with the sim, and we already have milestones for that.

Plus, Baller has said he wants to limit TPE inflation, and this would contradict that.

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - ErMurazor - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 10:09 AM)jaskins811 Wrote:Right now there is no difference between getting 1 or 2 picks correct or getting 3 or 4 picks correct. Especially with it being based on a line now, that makes predictions a lot harder to get right, and on top of that, there is no more TPE for participation. That's why I believe the pick'em should award TPE like the following:

4 correct choices: 5 TPE
3 correct choices: 3 TPE
2 correct choices: 2 TPE
1 correct choice: 1 TPE
0 correct choices: 0 TPE

This incentivized getting all of the picks correct and makes up for the fact that you no longer get TPE for participating in the pick'em. Since it is a lot harder to get the right picks now due to the line, I think this will be a good change!

I would be more in favor of rewarding people participation TPE than a bonus for getting them all right. I think it's shitty for casual people to do the task and get nothing on an activity that's entire purpose is to promote people logging onto the site regularly.

I don't foresee the league increasing TPE payouts for these either way based on their view of giving out too much TPE though.

(09-19-2017, 09:16 AM)kckolbe Wrote:It isn't just HARDER, it's less skill-based toward the end of the season.  Right now people who do the work to know how good each team is are going to get about 3 right per week.  By mid-season, though, it's gonna be roughly 50/50.  Your plan would heavily reward luck with the sim, and we already have milestones for that.

Plus, Baller has said he wants to limit TPE inflation, and this would contradict that.

I disagree that it takes less skill! Last year all you had to do was choose Outlaws, not Legion, and the home team and you'd get like most of the correct choices. Now you have to put more thought into your choices for the pick'em. This should be rewarded.

(09-19-2017, 09:17 AM)ErMurazor Wrote:I would be more in favor of rewarding people participation TPE than a bonus for getting them all right. I think it's shitty for casual people to do the task and get nothing on an activity that's entire purpose is to promote people logging onto the site regularly.

I don't foresee the league increasing TPE payouts for these either way based on their view of giving out too much TPE though.

Shouldn't you promote the people who spend more time learning the league and the teams in it? This would promote people to spend more time learning about the teams and making better decisions!

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - ErMurazor - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 10:22 AM)jaskins811 Wrote:Shouldn't you promote the people who spend more time learning the league and the teams in it? This would promote people to spend more time learning about the teams and making better decisions!

We have things for that: Weekend PTs, Ultimus PTs, Pro equipment.

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - iamslm22 - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 12:56 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:We have things for that: Weekend PTs, Ultimus PTs, Pro equipment.

I completely agree with you. No need to inflate TPE more

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-19-2017

I see both sides of it, I propose that we bring the participation TPE back but only for the days that DO NOT involve the double week sim day (Friday). That way at the very least there will be some difference in the amount of TPE someone get. On Mondays and Wednesdays.

On Friday, it just goes on as normal, since there is a greater chance to get at least 1TPE.

Four games:

0 - 1TPE (Only the Participation TPE)
1 - 2TPE
2 - 2TPE
3 - 3TPE
4 - 3TPE

Change TPE payout for Weekly Pick'em - Muford - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 11:17 AM)ErMurazor Wrote:I would be more in favor of rewarding people participation TPE than a bonus for getting them all right. I think it's shitty for casual people to do the task and get nothing on an activity that's entire purpose is to promote people logging onto the site regularly.

Yes This.

I thought the Predictions were just fine the way they were, because as Er stated it was supposed to be a get on the forums more often then once a week thing. Now, its completely different.

#Changethingsthataren'tbroken