International Simulation Football League
Infern8 Results Leak - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Infern8 Results Leak (/showthread.php?tid=47972)

Pages: 1 2

Infern8 Results Leak - DarknessRising - 10-08-2023

Hello everyone

It recently came to the attention of HO that during the S44 Week 3 and 4 double-header stream, user @infern8updated the index too early, resulting in the index being updated for Week 4 games, whilst only half-way through the week 4 games. They realized their error and quickly fixed it by uploading the week 3 index to ensure as few people saw it as possible, however it still constitutes a leak of privileged information. HO finds there was absolutely no intent or malice behind it, simply in trying to do his job well, infern8 completed the task too early

Just like the CC awards leak case, whilst there is no rules specific to the leaking of game results within the rulebook, it is our determination that it is common knowledge for those on the sim team who can access the results ahead of time, to not make it public knowledge and keep that privileged information confidential until the right time. As such, we believe a minor punishment is still necessary. We also will look to immediately implement a broader rule about leaking to cover such issues, as one was not implemented after following the CC case despite being stated to.

As a result, Infern8 will receive a $2,000,000 fine, a standard punishment for accidental leaks that can be seen in the CC case linked above, Frazzle's draft pick leak, and Opera_Phantom's draft leak.

As always, Infern8 may contact a member of the Appeals Committee if he would like to appeal this decision.

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - BRNXB0MBERS - 10-08-2023

Two more by the end of the day.

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - CROney3 - 10-08-2023

:insert DJ Khaled Another One meme:

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - Baron1898 - 10-08-2023

wait this isn’t S44

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - DREAMSLOTH - 10-08-2023

this isn't enough. I demand real justice. send him to the gulag!

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - zeagle1 - 10-09-2023

HO taking a fat L on this one. I hope infern appeals this as this exact thing has happened several times before with no punishment. Also the Precedence used is tangentially related at best, and was probably a harsh punishment for the circumstances.

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - Pat - 10-09-2023

In all seriousness, how is jumping the gun on updating the index worth a punishment? Could easily be explained by forgetting that it was a double header day and just went about updating the index on his normal schedule. Also, you'd only know it was updated early if you just happened to open the index while the stream was playing. It's also pretty laughable to get hit with a fine for THIS and then not punish anyone for not checking to make sure everyone has the appropriate traits assigned, considering the former has literally no impact on anything while the latter absolutely impacted an entire season's worth of games.

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - Fronk - 10-09-2023

Well this is annoying

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - Hallmonitor_20 - 10-09-2023

You're telling me I could've seen my lack of stats an hour sooner??????

RE: Infern8 Results Leak - UberBJ - 10-09-2023

Bit overzealous with this one, folks...

#FreeInfern