International Simulation Football League
(S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later (/showthread.php?tid=48021)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - dude_man - 10-15-2023

(S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S44 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, October 22nd, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: With 7 weeks of games down, what sort of improvements/adjustments could your team be making in order to win across the rest of the stretch, or additionally what has been going right and what can you do to keep it going?

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your team or player on the Practice Field, Film Room or having success on The Field.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - FootballIsCool - 10-16-2023

So far the beginning of the season for the Sarasota Sailfish has been turbulent. However, there have been quite a few more downs than ups for the start of the season. These losses have been extremely close games, so as a team the easiest thing for us to improve on is going the distance. The Sailfish have being part of six, one score games in their seven games. So things are extremely close for us. Despite the games being close there is a clear thing that the Sarasota Sailfish ought to have improvement on and that is improving defensively. Seven games into the sailfish rank third to last in passing yards allowed, tenth in rushing yards allowed, twelfth in the league in total yards allowed and tenth in points allowed. There is a clear path to improvement. The Sarasota sailfish currently have a youthful bunch with four starters on the defense being in their rookie or sophomore season. So it is only a matter of time before we solidify on defense and becoming an elite group. 

[172 words]

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - Murtsi - 10-16-2023

Oh man we are already seven weeks into the season, how does it always feel like these just go by so quickly. Well anyways, after seven weeks the Arizona Outlaws sit in a three way tie for first place in the American Simulation Football Conference at 5-2 and have been doing many things right. So I feel this is more of a what are these good things that we need to continue doing. Firstly we need to keep giving Danny Nedelko the ball. He is the heartbeat of the team both on the ground and through the air so please just make sure that we put the ball in the best playmakers hands (I’m sorry Sherwin Blue Jr. you are still really cool). Another thing we need to continue doing on offense is to make Donovan Winters keep doing his efficient thing and limiting mistakes. Last season there were a lot of interceptions and pick sixes for the young quarterback, but this season he has been extremely efficient and limited his mistakes and turnovers, so more of that please. Finally the defense just needs to keep doing what it has been doing. Currently the Outlaws defense is the second best in terms of points scored on them in the league so just more of that.

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - WildfireMicro - 10-16-2023

Well it is no secret that the Honolulu offense came out flat as a piece of cardboard in game 1, with it being a big part of why we lost. Since then, I have seen a lot of improvement in that front, including some blowout wins and a big come from behind victory versus the Orange County Otters. Our offense also struggled vs New York, but it has mostly been smooth sailing from there and I personally think that we should continue improving on offense if we wish to succeed. Our defense has mostly been clamping down on everyone, but our offense has made the occasional mistake or turnover that has made life harder for the defense.

Gizmo Speedy in his first season as a wide receiver has shown me a lot of promise and I love the connection between him and the quarterback Nova. We just need to keep on improving that connection and the offense as a whole if we wish to keep up with the rest of our conference, especially the two big teams on top with us.

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - okestboomer - 10-16-2023

[Image: rCWxjbh.png]

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - WrittinDirectino - 10-16-2023

The top of the ASFC has been very competitive with three teams tied at 5-2 , which means we are going to have to step up if we are going to break away from the rest. When you take a look at our losses our low number of rushing attempts stand out. We have two top tier running backs and I feel like we should take advantage of that fact more. We won the chip by leading the league in rushing attempts two seasons ago and I think that's still the play here. One thing I've noticed that doesn't show up in the stat sheet is our blitz success rate. Around once or twice every game we'll shake things up and blitz either Outlaw Mode Sicko or myself. Sicko does have four sacks on the season but I feel like we get chunked for 10+yards more often than not, so reducing the frequency of DB blitzes could be a possible solution. But whatever happens, we have some sim gurus on the team(like Crunk) and I have complete faith in them.

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - soevil - 10-16-2023

For the second season in a row, not much has been going right for the Chicago Butchers on the gridiron. The defense is young and inexperienced, but maturing and getting a little better each and every week. The offense is the same, but there isn't much indication that they are getting better throughout the season. Most of the adjustments need to take place on the offensive side of the ball. It all starts with the offensive line. Penguin is on track to be sacked 69 times this season, and while that number is lower than last season, its no where near the level you'd expect from what many thought would be improved offensive line play for the Butchers. With better O-line play, you could expect the leagues leader in rushing attempts, Jake Jefferson, to have a better average yards per rush. 3.7ypc is fine for a young back, but it will need to improve if the offense is going to lean in to the run game. Finally, expect star wide receivers Semga Na'sim and Austin Morley to have an increased role through the remainder of the season. Though Na'sim is having a standout rookie season, Morley needs to step his game up to keep the Butchers competitive.

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - Rabidsponge21 - 10-16-2023

SHL PT https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=133510&pid=3428429#pid3428429

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - JoeSteel - 10-16-2023

PBE Affiliate:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=33198&view=findpost&p=641237

RE: (S44) PT #3 - 7 Weeks Later - Tmoney6996 - 10-16-2023

These first 7 weeks of the ISFL season have been interesting, to say the least, for the New Orleans Second Line. We started out on a high note with a win over Chicago, and it's been heartbreaking loss after heartbreaking loss (or blowout if your AZ). I think it's just the life of a young team that still has holes to fill and is still working its way up from the bottom. The defense will eventually come into it's own and the offense will need to become more consistently over the final stretch of the season, but I think the rest of the season needs to about building the foundation for future success. Whether that's through game adjustments or testing, or just flat out earning more, there's a lot to take away from this season, good and bad, but I think NOLA is going to come out better for it on the other side.

From a personal standpoint, I love being a young WR with a young QB, there's clearly a connection there with Speedings and I want to keep nurturing that.