International Simulation Football League
(S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll (/showthread.php?tid=48103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - dude_man - 10-23-2023

(S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S44 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, October 29th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: A lot of us have been part of the ISFL for many seasons. What has been some of your favorite memories to note?

Graphic option: Create a graphic displaying your favorite play (that's not a screenshot of the sim) from the ISFL.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - WildfireMicro - 10-23-2023

PBE affiliate PT

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Crazytomato - 10-23-2023

I haven't been in the ISFL for very long but I've had a few good memories. My favorite memory was recent when I did the gameday with Bamford that was very fun but it was last minute so I didn't really know what to do. Another fun one that was even more recent was my podcast with Bamford. Another thing that happened a while ago was when I met @lock180 this was not that good of a memory but it definitely made me want to stay in the league because I couldn't let a stinky kicker beat me. A few other notable people I remember talking to for the first time include DL,Bamford and OJ. Like I said I haven't been in the league for very long so I don't have alot of memories. My last one is probably getting help from gadget and gumba on how to create that was along time ago though

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - CaptainDMG - 10-23-2023

I am certainly in the minority of users who have not even been in the league for a whole season; specifically, I was just claimed off of waivers last week by the Tijuana Luchadores. However, I would have to say that even in my limited experiences I have had two notable memories so far. The first notable memory was actually being a part of the team. It was a cool feeling seeing the message from @swoosh inviting me into the Luchadores' Discord server and when I joined in, it legitimately was like walking into a team lockerroom. My teammates were welcoming, really helpful at getting me acclimated faster, and the camaraderie was fun to see everyone live chatting during the games when we went 2-0 during our Thursday double-header. My other notable memory has been this 2.5x media week. Apparently, it is such a momentous occasion that basically everyone comes out of the woodwork to earn that bank; myself very much included. (Shoutout to @DL14 for all their hard work grading media!) Needless to say, although I have not been in the league very long, I hope to enjoy it for many more seasons to come - so let the good times roll!

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - JoeSteel - 10-23-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - AW13 - 10-23-2023

PBE PT

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - ZootTX - 10-23-2023

I have a ton of great memories from this league. I was a big part of the Dallas Birddogs for a long while. I was an original team member when they were created as an expansion team in S21, as well as a war room member followed by a GM, although my team record as a GM is pretty mediocre at best. I made a ton of great friends even though most of us have moved on to other teams or become less active. I was a budget team member and then Swanty asked me if I was interested in being budget head, which I did for a few seasons. They were pretty unremarkable (which is a good thing for budget!) and my best accomplishment there was picking a really damn good replacement, who did a much better job than I did for a long time! After that I was GM of the Wraiths for a long time and I am really proud of the team I helped build, although it would have never been possible without a lot of good players and users! 184 words

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Tmoney6996 - 10-23-2023

This is only my second season in the league, so I don't have quite as many memories as others. But Even starting with Season 43, there have been a few things that have stood out to me. For starters, I think the the biggest moment that I've been apart of, or saw happen live, was NOLA beating AZ late in S43. It was so unexpected and unbelieavble at the time (even now it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense). But it was still amazing to see happen and everyone's reactions to it. 

After that, I think the next coolest memory I have is of the Ultimus and BAL finally being able to pull one out and bring the Ultimus back to BAL. It truly was a clash of the titans, seeing both NYS and BAL square off. I don't think it disappointed, and it even came down to the wire. Hopefully we get another finish like that this season, because it was super exciting to see that play out in real time as well.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - ValorX77 - 10-23-2023

I have been in the ISFL for many seasons, I first joined the league at the end of S13, coming off an r/nfl post as most of us have. Getting to the Ultimus for the first time in S18 with Yellowknife, this was one of my first memories in the league, only to get squashed by the Otters, during their reign of terror. The next big memory I had was being selected to be the GM for the Chicago Butchers, I’m still willing to come back to being a GM again if anyone needs me to step in. The next memory I had from the league was the brief period in the S20’s, I think from S27-S31, when Videl-San was the most dominant receiver not named William Lim, (had he not been around I would have probably been in the hall of fame with that player). But the biggest memory was in S41 when Nakiri Ayame helped win the Ultimus for Cape Town, and ended my ultimus drought.
(168 words)

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - hemhem - 10-23-2023

I have been around the ISFL for quite a while. Back with my first create Malik Jordan, I was withe Bondi Beach Buccaneers. I had a great rookie season and remember a few people from then (such as Beck, negs, and Gadget). I remember Smokin Jay having an absolute awful season Throwing the most interceptions in a season in the DSFL. I recreated a few months after due to inactivity and now I have my new player, La'Fluke Paris-Johnson. I've met alot of new people like honey, Bamford, and much more. I've had many memories with the birddogs like us going 9-5 and missing the playoffs, my rookie season and going to the pro bowl as a returner. It was kind of upsetting that we didn't get a ultimini for Mike when he was our GM, but now hopefully we can get Cycro a ultimini as a GM. Being I'm my 3rd season in the DSFL I have had alot of memories but these were the ones from the top of my head.

(172 words)