International Simulation Football League
(S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll (/showthread.php?tid=48103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - caravaggio - 10-27-2023

As my first player is starting to hit regression next season, I guess you could say I've been around a while. That is, unless I glance at the average user on their second or third player career already. In the general population of the ISFL I still think of myself as a newbie, and I am always impressed at the rich history of the league and all the great people that keep it going.

Now, as a younger player I think my favorite memories have been in the Orange County locker room and war room, mainly on game days and draft weeks, where the activity is high and the ideas are really flowing. Those are the times where you really feel like you are part of a larger entity, and are among the most exciting moments for me. The game chat is always exciting with memes and witty commentary win or lose. The draft week is always full of measured strategy, social matching, and long term gambles. All in all, there are tons of great moments in this league, and it really helps engage players across the league.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - sburbine - 10-28-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - ctots - 10-28-2023

My most recent fun memory is from meeting up for disc golf and drinks with @Fronk and @IceBear32 -- they're a couple of good dudes who may or may not be awaiting trial for tax evasion. Being able to meet in realspace with people from the ISFL is good confirmation that this place is a community, not just a sim game.

Outside of that, I've had a lot of really fun times getting on the mic for podcasts. Not only is it a good way to earn league money, but there's no way I would have ever had a casual chat with the likes of @110radio or @lemonoppy if it weren't for their delightful podcasts.

In terms of actual league events that have been fun memories - going to the ultimini in back-to-back years (and losing) as a Grey Duck was pretty cool, honestly. There is a special energy about ultimus/ultimini games that are absolutely electric. Even though losing isn't the outcome you want, it's fun to have so much riding on the final game of the season.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Duilio05 - 10-28-2023

My favorite memories thus far has been my first DSFL season and My second ever ultimus. My first dsfl season was really fun and special getting to join the league with fellow awesome users like shadyshoelace, baron, terriblehippo, and fricknasty. being in the locker room with them helped keep me active and involved and edicated to the league. my second ultimus occured with my second player. i went to baltimore on a one season deal, and that season happened to be when we won the ultimus. this is special for me because i won it with some really awesome S15 users such as the previously mentioned shady and frick, but also tom hanks as well as some great other sim vets like infinite and bigred. I really wish i had some items to commemorate the occasion so i can remember all the great users that have made being in the isfl so fun

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - kmatt - 10-28-2023

My favorite memory in the league was from a year-ish ago when I won 2 Ultimini cups in a row. It was very exciting, two back-to-back championships. The first one I won with the Grey Ducks in S29, and the second was won with them in S30. Both the same team to! My second favorite memory will be my first player that I was actually active long enough, to get it as far as where he is today. Which is Ivan Ivanov. Finally hearing my players name on the ISFL draft stream was a dream come true. In season 29 and season 30, the Ducks were a top competing team, with a very good depth chart. The coaches were invested into the players and the team. But nothing will be better then the memory of getting drafted to the ISFL, I will always remember. I will remember the help from my DSFL coaches as my player approaches the 250 Applied tpe mark.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Weaves - 10-28-2023

Well, many on here will say the draft, BORING. But I would say the S41 class was pretty exciting, and as a RM, I can attest that no other draft years since then have had anything close to the level of entertainment, dedication, meme capacity, or moments. It was not just the draft, again - BORING, it was the lead-up to the DSFL draft, the DSFL season, and everything between that DSFL draft and the ISFL one. We are talking HO run-ins, podcasts to generate hype, suspensions, beef between users, and DSFL AFTER DARK (the best of the best, as IceBear can attest). A number of these have not happened since, with the new classes even, so the league feels empty at times. I'm not quite sure if the league will ever hit that emotional adrenailne for me evert again, but at the very least I was happy to be apart of it when it did.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Urq660 - 10-28-2023

Concentrating on my current player, there have been a lot of ups and downs in his time in the league. I never won any kind of a championship with my first player, so a surprise Ultimini win in my rookie season in Bondi Beach was a very nice way to start the career. We didn’t even start that well in the season, so it made it all the sweeter. It also helped that the team I was a part of was an incredible bunch of people! The second season was a bit less successful but it was still a great time with some amazing people. And that has been very much the vibes in San Jose. We are on the cusp of being good, but even when we’re struggling, the guys on the team keep each others spirits up. When we are finally competitive, it’s going to be an even better place to be!

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - yosh - 10-28-2023

PBE PT

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Triceracop - 10-28-2023

There's been a lot of great times in my time in the DSFL. Working with Passarelli and Xystartch to brain storm weird media ideas and get stuff out there. Bonding with the Bucs about being robbed for media and all pro awards. Embracing the meme about knowing what real football is.

But I think one of the most memorable times was getting pulled into DSFL gameday with minimal notice by Thor Dangerson. I barely followed the games at that point, so I really went in with nothing but high energy vibes and a lot of caffeine, but it was a great time. I had basically no analysis to provide beyond "Buc Yeah!" and "Buc up or Buc off" but it was great getting to interact with the chat in real time and really sit down to watch the games and get a feel for how much fun this dot based football league can be.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Scrizz - 10-28-2023

Pick from Uncertain[Image: 6F4A9E46-2A04-4F24-BE09-3B146EA362C2.jpg...7522e289d&]