International Simulation Football League
(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations (/showthread.php?tid=4821)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - Admin - 09-22-2017

This PT will run for the weekend only.

Your Task:
Written: Must be at least 200 words, Your player has been offered an NFL tryout. Write about which team you got a tryout with and what happened at the tryout

Or

Grafx: Your player wants to take out a full page newspaper advertisement thanking an NFL team for giving hia tryout. Design what it would look like.

Gain
2 TPE for completing the task in full

Deadline: Sunday night, 11:59PM PST

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - cosbornballboy - 09-22-2017

Shortly after Ricardo Sandoval came out of SDSU, he was looking for a job playing football, at any position, at any professional level. The first choice was obviously the NSFL, but after he couldn't make it in time for the draft, he went to some open tryouts for the NFL.

First: The San Diego Chargers who, in an ideal world, never left San Diego. The first position they tried him out in was fairly obvious. First, he tried out for kicker. They were trying to replace the shitshow that is Younghoe Koo. He wasn't very good, so they tried him out as a way to protect Phillip Rivers so he didn't die before his 15th kid was born. That didn't work out either, so they sent him on his merry way. He then tried out for the LA Rams, but he was not able to outperform Pro Bowl Defensive Tackle Aaron Donald, and so he was unable to make the NFL. Finally, he showed up for a tryout with the Orange County Otters, still staying true to Southern Cali, and this time he made it as hid Defensive Tackle position! He was finally on a team. And the legacy was born.

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - PigSnout - 09-22-2017

Entering the 2017 season, the Baltimore Ravens were looking to add some offensive playmakers to complement their ferocious defense. They saw a golden opportunity when they heard that Colorado Yeti running back Boss Tweed grew up as a Ravens fan. During the NSFL offseason, the Ravens offered Tweed a chance to come try out for the team. At the time when he left college, Tweed chose to join the newly forming NSFL rather than the NFL because he was told that he would go undrafted in the NFL. However, Tweed has already vastly outperformed the expectations NSFL scouts had during the draft, so some NFL teams were curious about trying to lure him away from the NSFL. Tweed always dreamed of playing in the NFL growing up and the chance to try out for his favorite team was hard to resist. The Ravens thought Tweed could become a member of their running back committee, but were shocked by his scrimmage results. Tweed feasted on one of the top running defenses in the NFL and looked like exactly the kind of playmaker the Ravens were looking for. After the try out, the Ravens offered Tweed a hefty contract to come be their new starting running back and the focal point of their offense. This was an opportunity Tweed had dreamed of for years, but he couldn't accept. He still had unfinished business in the NSFL. The Yeti reached the championship game during Tweed's rookie season but suffered a demoralizing defeat. The next year, they were ready for revenge but missed the playoffs on a controversial tiebreaker. Tweed could not leave the Yeti without a championship. He thanked the Ravens for the offer and said he might consider coming to the NFL in a later part of his career, but he could not leave his team in the NSFL without reaching that championship they had so closely aspired for.

Quote:317 Words

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - Keyg_an - 09-22-2017

After Rob Gronkowski went down to surgery on his back in late 2016 the New England Patriots were looking to the future and decided to hold open tryouts for players in the United Kingdom and he decided to go out, initially a speedy receiver throughout his college days Connor Tanner had recently put on close to 45 pounds of muscle in order to bulk up for blocking in the tight end position.

The Patriots are well known for running two tight ends in a lot of their offensive playbook and with Gronkowski their primary receiving tight end they were in the market for something fresh and Tanner felt he could provide that speed boost and the muscle to block a bit for the legendary Tom Brady.

Though he made it to round three of tryouts he eventually backed out in favour of entering the NSFL draft as a tight end and was drafted 41st overall by the Las Vegas Legion who promptly sent him down to the developmental league so he can further learn the intricacies of the tight end position before making the leap to the big leagues. Hopefully he will continue to strike fear into opponent defensive backs who have the job of covering him.

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - Ltsmashie - 09-22-2017

When rookie sensation Reuben "Froster" Foster went down with a high ankle injury in his debut game, San Francisco 49ers GM picked up the phone to his head scout and asked if there was anyone in free agency who might be worth a look.

High Ankle injuries are notoriously difficult to gauge just how bad they are, and John Lynch felt it better to air on the side of caution with his prized bullock rather than be in a position where the 9ers need to rush him back and risk further complications.

Pickings are slim on the waiver wire however, but some intrepid fans on twitter had some more off the wall suggestions - why not look outside of the NFL.

The NFSL is still regarded as a new league, looked down by many NFL fans as a freakshow where team management, owners and players move around the league more often than the most transient of NFL kickers. But among the sideshow freaks that inhabit the league, at least one linebacker has shon through and made a name for himself as a tackling machine.

Wraiths middle Linebacker, Luke "Lieutenant Smash" Tiernan has amassed a league leading 27 tackles in his first two regular season games, and as an Irishman, surely a move for this guy, even if a short term move, would do wonders for jersey sales in the EU - and so Lynch invited the boyhood 49ers fan out to Santa Clara for a trial.

With the blessing of Wraites management, Tiernan flew out but all did not go well. To start with he missed his flight - who would have thought that snow could delay flights in Yellowknife?!?

And then once he landed the airline had mislaid his luggage, Tiernan put a call in to the 9ers, but they struggled to get cleats in his size (or more likely the backroom staff didn't like the idea of this outsider trying out.)

Tiernan ended up doing his trial in jogging shoes, slipping and sliding as he went through the drills.

Any semblance of power that he could generate in a hit was gone as his foot slid on the regularly watered down turf.

As soon as he made his way back to Yellowknife, he knew that he wasn't going to get a call asking him to sign up. He was just pissed off about how much of a mess the whole thing was, from the airline, right through to the 9ers backroom staff.

Is it any wonder the franchise is so awful at the moment!

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - sabills - 09-22-2017

[Image: jKg36ux.png]

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - ErMurazor - 09-22-2017

The New York Giants need a spark. They’re floundering a high-hoped season and they decided to reach out to lineage of a Giants great for help. Jayce Tuck was thrilled to get the call to play for the team he rooted for growing up. Plus, he knows he’ll look good in Giants’ Blue. When the phone rang Jayce dropped the NSFL film he was watching immediately and was at the Phoenix airport in 20 minutes. When he landed in New York he went straight to the Giants practice facility and did a private workout with coaches and GMs. Jayce didn’t know if he was going to earn a spot or a lot of the details, everything leading up to this had been a blur, but he could tell they were impressed with his physical gifts.

The next interaction was a bombshell though. The Giants needed help on the offensive line. They were struggled at the tackle position and they thought Jayce’s physical ability could make his lack of experience at the position and he’d be an improvement. After watching a bit of film Jayce couldn’t say he disagreed. Jayce was 320 pounds, fast, strong, and agile. Now he wasn’t as fat, dumb, and smelly as a more typical offensive l lineman like @Bzerkap, nor as he was eager to “take every inch” some dude would give him. But he had physical gifts that would have made him a potential asset. Unfortunately, Jayce liked hitting people too much. In the end he returned to his past time of trying to murder QBs on the football field.

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - ralz9 - 09-22-2017

The fact that Nicholas Pierno grew up a New York Giants fan was just icing on the cake.

It all seemed so perfect. After graduating from North Carolina State University, Pierno was immediately signed to Jay-Z's entertainment representation company, Roc Nation, which has roots in Brooklyn, NY. While Pierno spent the week in New York, he sat court side at New York Knicks games (his favorite sports team in any sport), made media appearances, volunteered at clinics around the city and made all efforts he could do boost his brand--which honestly wasn't hard.

When the time came to leave, his phone rang. Jerry Reese was on the end of the other line and was looking for a high-ceiling player to be the eventual replacement to longtime quarterback Eli Manning. He wanted an exciting player that was a great locker room presence with his personality and great to use for media availability.

Pierno fit the bill.

After two days at the Giants’ facilities, Reese decided to go with a more experienced (but lower ceiling) quarterback in Geno Smith.

Pierno went on a wild ride after being drafted by the Yellowknife Wraiths, suiting up for three teams in the same month, but he said he believes “everything happens for a reason” and while he never foresaw himself ending up in Colorado, he couldn’t be happier.

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - SwagSloth - 09-22-2017

As a lifelong fan and native of the New Orleans community, I was excited to get the chance to try out for the Saints. Granted, they’re currently struggling and are coming off of several bad seasons, but hey, I love my team. And who knows? Maybe I can be that missing piece to take them back to the playoffs. Probably not, though. I am a glutton for punishment, afterall.

The tryout was admittedly very tough. For one thing, after spending so much time up in Yellowknife, I’ve become less accustomed to the heat down here, which was made the practice grueling. Also, Running Back is one of the few positions that the Saints really stand out at (though their offense in general is very strong). I’m trying to keep up with guys like Adrian Peterson and Mark Ingram, which is no easy task. Even rookie Alvin Kamara is tough to keep up with. I think that kid’s going to go places. Still, I’m pretty I was able to outperform Daniel Lasco, which should have earned me a spot on the team. Unfortunately, I also made the mistake of hitting on Tom Benson’s 18-year-old niece. Granted, I didn’t know it was his niece, but come on… You miss the shots you don’t take, right? Anyway, that pissed him off and killed the whole thing for me. Either that or I wasn’t good enough to pass Lasco on the depth chart, but that seems far-fetched. Come to think of it, though… I’m not sure that actually was Benson’s niece. Oh well. Maybe that call’s still going to come. I’ll e-mail Mickey Loomis’ staff again to make sure they have the right phone number.

281 Words

(S3) - Weekend PT #3 - NFL Aspirations - TimPest - 09-22-2017

I get call from all of the team in the national football league. All the team say they hear I am a good offensive line man and they want me of guys like me in the team. So they say I give you a lot of dollars if you come to the team and you do your work for us. First I go to the patriots and they are the best team and I do good at the practice so they ask me to be on team but I want to go see other teams and see how different each are from the other. Then I go to the cowboys because they are big name and have more money then other teams but it still is not my team so I got to a new team and its seattle seahawks my favorite team and I go and they need me the most and say they have 150 million dollars for me I am going to do deal but then I think of my fun time in the nsfl and I say I cant do it sorry. Then I come back to my friends in Arizona outlaws where is my favorite team in the us style football world. I then know I am outlaws for ever.