International Simulation Football League
*Letter of Intent - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Letter of Intent (/showthread.php?tid=48342)

*Letter of Intent - Void_DCXI - 11-10-2023

It’s been a long offseason for the biggest free agent on the market this year, linebacker Donte Darius. He has spent the entirety of his 6 year career with the Silverbacks, and has received numerous accolades including pro bowls and an all-pro nod. But now, he faces a decision that will define the rest of his career. It isn’t often that you see a player of his caliber test the free agent waters, so many teams were all-in on Donte. He’s coming hot off the heels of his first season at outside linebacker, where he amassed 13 sacks for one of the best defenses in the league. He made his intentions known at a press conference earlier this week.

“New York has been nothing but the best to me. But I gotta see what’s out there. Who knows, maybe I’ll end up back with them!”. Darius’s agent declined to comment on his free agency situation, only saying “Darius has an idea of where he wants to go, but I can’t tell you”. There’s a few teams that make sense for Darius to go to, so let’s break it down for you right here.

New Orleans Second Line

The Second Line seem like an obvious choice for Donte, who grew up in Louisiana and went to LSU to play college football. A hometown reunion seems to make a lot of sense. They would be able to slot him in the outside linebacker spot he desired, though the team is currently in a rebuilding phase. Maybe that could be a good thing though, as a high draft pick to pair with Darius could send this team’s fortunes in a complete 180.

Colorado Yeti

The Yeti are another rebuilding team, but their record is somewhat misleading. The Yeti were a team that were interested in trading up for Donte pre-draft, but were unable to get ahead of New York at pick 10. They are a young and hungry team with a lot of talent in the DSFL right now, and slotting Donte there could make them a serious contender. On top of this, Darius is a notorious party boy, and with the Za being so easy to access, Darius would have a field day in Colorado.

Yellowknife Wraiths

Yellowknife posted an 8-8 record last season, and shoring up the defense could make them a playoff team. A chance to be the clear LB1 on a team needing defensive help is enticing. They also have a lot of cap space, so their contract offer may be higher than some other teams on this list. As stated earlier, he would be the LB1 which would lead to dominant statistical success, and Donte has expressed an interest in going to a team that would allow him to dominate the stat sheet. Darius also likes the Wraiths’ color scheme and branding, which may or may not factor into his decision.

Arizona Outlaws

The Outlaws have recently wrapped up one of the greatest dynasties in the history of the ISFL, but they’re hoping that this season was a bump in the road rather than the start of a gradual decline. They too offer the OLB spot that Darius desires, and a chance to play for one of the most successful ISFL franchises has to been enticing. Their LB core is aging, and Donte is in his prime, so it makes sense personnel wise too. The biggest issue Darius has is that he does not want to be perceived as a villain, which he is sure will happen if he moves to the desert.

New York Silverbacks

Last but not least, the team that drafted Donte 10th overall 6 seasons ago, the New York Silverbacks. They have a stifling defensive unit which Darius plays a key role in as a sack getting OLB. They’ve consistently made the playoffs the last few seasons, and were in the Ultimus just a couple seasons ago. Darius loves the big market of New York, as well as the glitz and glamour. He loves his teammates in the LR, and has an intricate knowledge of their defensive schemes and culture. Perhaps the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Darius has called in the media to hold a press conference tonight. Darius is sat in his chair, microphone in front of him as the ISFL world awaits his decision. “As you all know, I am currently a free agent, and I have finally made my decision. First of all, I’d like to thank every team that recruited me in this process. They’ve shown that they really wanted me on their team, and a lot of them were willing to go above and beyond to get me there. Your efforts haven’t gone unappreciated, and I’d like to thank you for your time.”

“Next, I’d like to thank the New York Silverbacks for giving me a chance 6 seasons ago. New York has defined who I am as a person, who I am as a player, and who I will continue to be in the coming years. I have nothing but love for New York, and I wish them nothing but the best in their future”. The media looked on with anticipation, as now Darius just confirmed that he will not return to New York. “The team that has acquired my talents is a team I’ve been a fan of for a long time. I’ve gotten to know them well over the course of free agency, and since the very beginning they were at the top of my list. Next year, I will be a member of the…

Colorado Yeti”. Darius presents a Yeti jersey and puts it on. “I can’t wait to get started in Colorado, and I hope that this can be the start of a prosperous future for both myself and the Yeti”. The headlines were already being written, Darius was taking his talents to Colorado to try and get a rebuilding squad back into title contention. The biggest free agent frenzy in the ISFL this year was finally over, and now we eagerly await the coming season, desperate to see the new-look Yeti in action.

Thanks for reading.

RE: Letter of Intent - TubbyTim69 - 11-10-2023

I'll show you the best ZaZa places in Colorado! Welcome and keys get this shit done!

RE: Letter of Intent - Baron1898 - 11-10-2023

[Image: starwars-shoot-her-or-something.gif]

RE: Letter of Intent - zaynzk - 11-10-2023

It’s been great to have you on the team for 2 (almost three) irl years and hope you enjoy ur adventure on another team! Still one of the best draft pick in isfl history for us

RE: Letter of Intent - aeonsjenni - 11-10-2023

:] a great way to find this out! welcome!!

RE: Letter of Intent - Jimi64 - 11-10-2023

OCO ignored <\3

RE: Letter of Intent - Rise of Smitty - 11-10-2023

loser type move

RE: Letter of Intent - electrictree - 11-10-2023

(11-10-2023, 07:09 PM)Rise of Smitty Wrote: loser type move

that's not a very nice thing to say

RE: Letter of Intent - electrictree - 11-10-2023

welcome!