International Simulation Football League
*DSFL Draft Presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Pressers (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+---- Thread: *DSFL Draft Presser (/showthread.php?tid=48543)

*DSFL Draft Presser - crow19 - 11-19-2023

READY TO GRADE Word Count: 742

Ahead of DSFL Draft night, Miller Light holds a press conference to answer questions from the media. Questions please.

Q: Hello Miller, your name sounds familiar, what is your history with football?
A: Absolutely, I have a long history with football and family connections to the ISFL and DSFL. I am originally from Morgantown, West Virginia and always dreamed of playing for the Mountaineers. My uncle, Busch Light, played for the University of Alabama before being drafted by the London Royals 14th overall in season 23. He was then drafted to the New Orleans Second line in Season 24. He won one Ultimini with the London Royals, but did not do much with the Second line. Unfortunately, my uncle had to step back from the league before his potential was truly realized. I am looking forward to following in his footsteps and reaching the milestones that he could not achieve.

Q: You said that you are a big Mountaineers fan, what was your time in college like?
A: Out of high school I was highly recruited. Played both sides of the ball at Morgantown, High School (wide receiver and free safety). We won state my Junior year, but the team was plagued with injuries my senior year leaving a lot left unfinished. I was designated to the all-state team and was a five star recruit of high school. I took a scholarship from West Virginia University where I started on both sides of the ball.

Q: I see you graduated from Vanderbilt, why did you decide to transfer away from West Virgnia University?
A: At West Virgnia, the team was not achieving the goals that I set out to achieve. I wanted a National Championship, and between poor quarterback play and high coaching turnover, I was not able to reach my true potential. When the transfer portal opened a number of teams reached out, but Vanderbilt was able to guarantee that I would start at Free Safety. From there I was able to hone my skills on the defensive side of the ball. I was always looking to making the big play, interceptions and the pick-six. Altogether, the environment was great, and it was beneficial playing against top tier talent in the SEC.

Q: What have you been up to in preparation for the draft?
A: Well ahead of the draft I was picked up on Waivers by the Portland Pythons. This was a great opportunity to get a taste of the DSFL at a high level. I played in the playoffs and was able to get a tackle in the game against the Coyotes and two tackles in the Ultimini versus the Luchadores. It was a disappointing loss, but I think it prepared me for what is coming at this next level.

Q: Who was your favorite teammate on the Portland Pythons and why?
A: Probably Bamford. We went head to head a lot in practice and he is a great receiver. The entire locker room had a great vibe and Portland was a great city. It will be great playing with him, or competing against him, following the draft.

Q: What are your goals for your first season in the DSFL?
A: I have always been a big stats guy. I love to put together a big game that makes people take notice. I am hoping that week over week I can string together big performances. It would not hurt to bring home a DPoTY trophy as well. It goes without being said that the Ultimini is the number one goal though. Hopefully a great season this year will prime me as a top pick in the ISFL draft next year. Busch Light was the 17th overall pick in his ISFL draft, and I am hoping to beat those numbers.

Q: Tmoney here from Aztecs Weekly! Miller, what's your postgame victory drink of choice?
A: Unsurprisingly, I am a big fan of a Miller Light. In college I had a sweet NIL deal with them. Moving forward I am looking for sponsorship deals and I would be open to switching up my beverage of choice.

Q: Have you considered cracking open a cold one mid-play, Steve Austin style?
A: I plan on doing it my first interception of the DSFL! I am all for a big celebration. The flashier the better.

It looks like that is all the time we have, looking forward to seeing what happens on draft night!

RE: DSFL Draft Presser (Ask Questions) - Bamford13 - 11-19-2023

Who was your favorite teammate on the Portland Pythons and why?

RE: DSFL Draft Presser (Ask Questions) - Tmoney6996 - 11-19-2023

Tmoney here from Aztecs Weekly! Miller, what's your postgame victory drink of choice?

RE: DSFL Draft Presser (Ask Questions) - jollyjiggs - 11-19-2023

Have you considered cracking open a cold one mid-play, Steve Austin style?