International Simulation Football League
*Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 (/showthread.php?tid=48560)

*Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 - Assistant to the POR GM - 11-20-2023

I wake up tightly tied to a chair in a room apparently destroyed by a fire with no recollection of the past day. Two suspicious looking hooded figures are tied up in chairs to my left and right, the bands holding me in place were professional grade. Whatever I did was bad.

“What could I have done to get myself in this type of trouble?” I think to myself. I’m not the type of guy to involve myself in major crimes, sure I’d been in trouble for some minor things but nothing like this. After working all season for an ultimini to  cement myself as one of the best in my class it would seem stupid to throw it all away. That’s when reporter Ulysses Babineaux walked into the room.

“Well well well, Jordan Bamford. Look what trouble maker chose to wake up” Babineaux laughed and continued, “did you really think you’d get away trying to take out Triceracop?”

It all started to come back to me, my new GM, lemonoppy, had given me a fat stack of cash to hinder Triceracops investigation on the disappearance of Thor Dangerson. Now of course I didn’t want to do it, me and Triceracop are, or were I suppose, good friends, and Dangerson is my closest friend and teammate in the league. But when you get enough money to support your family for a lifetime you accept it. I could buy my parents a house, pay for all the furniture and even buy them new cars. Was it worth trying to kill the legendary Buccaneers offensive lineman? Probably not, looking back it was a stupid decision. My thoughts were interrupted by Babineaux hollering at me

“You remember how to talk Bamford? Did you really think you and your squad of amateurs could pull it off?”

“I suppose I did.”

Babineaux kicks me in the legs. “How could you try to take out the guy who’s investigating the disappearance of your own teammate.” He has a look of disgust on his face that shakes me to my core.

“500 bands,” I mutter. Babineaux seems intrigued, his face changes from one of disgust to one of curiosity. Like any great journalist he’s excited at the chance for a breaking story, and I can use that to my advantage.

“Did you say 500 bands? As in 500 thousand dollars?”

“Lemon gave me 500 thousand to take out Triceracop” Babineaux heads to his makeshift desk and picks up his notepad and his pen. He paces around the room tapping his notepad to his chin. He walks towards me and crouches next to me all up in my personal space.

“Now why would the new GM of the successful Outlaws want to take out Triceracop? It doesn’t add up Bamford.”

“I couldn’t tell you. All I know is I had to get rid of Triceracop”

“Then you have nothing of value to me. Unless you can tell me something of use I’m gonna go help Triceracop with investigation. You’ll be left to rot here until the police show up and then your career will be ruined. I don’t think a life in prison for attempted murder and arson would be good for your career.” The panic in my eyes is undeniable, Babineaux wouldn’t ruin me like that. There’s no chance I can break free from this, my only chance is to provide something of value to Babineaux, something that would make for a great story. That’s when it hits me.

“I can tell you what happened to Paul McLaughlin”

RE: Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 - lock180 - 11-20-2023

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 - UptownCord - 11-20-2023

Does bro realize he made 10 million across two seasons in the DSFL?

RE: Finding Paul McLaughlin pt.1 - Assistant to the POR GM - 11-20-2023

(11-20-2023, 04:38 PM)UptownCord Wrote: Does bro realize he made 10 million across two seasons in the DSFL?
shhhhhhhhh