International Simulation Football League
*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings (/showthread.php?tid=4857)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - Bayley - 09-23-2017

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: NFL-2013-Rookies-of-the-Year.jpg]
It is time to look at a Power Rankings for Rookie of the Year! I will do both sides of the ball, so if you have feedback, absolutely let me know!

OFFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1. Trey Willie (2nd Round, 10th Overall)
Stats: 21 Catches, 361 Yards, 2 TD

2. Charlie Law (2nd Round, 15th Overall)
Stats: 21 Catches, 193 Yards, 2 TD

3. Sammy Walters (4th Round, 29th Overall)
Stats: 19 Pancakes, 3 Sacks Allowed

4. Cesar Millan (3rd Round, 17th Overall)
Stats: 19 Pancakes, 3 Sacks Allowed

5. Erlich Burnsman (2nd Round, 14th Overall)
Stats: 32 Attempts, 132 Yards, 4 TD

6. Archetype Schmarchetype (2nd Round, 16th Overall)
Stats: 13 Pancakes, 0 Sacks Allowed

7. Wallace Stone (3rd Round, 18th Overall)
Stats: 14 Pancakes, 1 Sack Allowed

8. Antonio Sandoval (1st Round, 1st Overall)
Stats: 13 Pancakes, 2 Sacks Allowed

9. Francois Lamoreaux (2nd Round, 9th Overall)
Stats: 11 Pancakes, 1 Sack Allowed

10. Samuel Zhang (3rd Round, 24th Overall)
Stats: 17 Catches, 177 Yards, 0 TD

If you look at the top 7 guys of this ranking, only Willie was taken in the Top 10 picks of the draft. That is absolutely crazy when you look at some of the other names such as Lamoreaux and Sandoval in which went higher. Trey Willie has been a stud for the Hawks this year with his crazy average. Charlie Law has done similarly for the Outlaws in such a weak position. I definitely think these two will keep up their amazing pace towards rookie of the year. The first two surprises come with Walters and Millan who have done fantastic with the 19 pancakes and only 3 sacks allowed. Burnsman has seen a majority of Touchdowns in Orange County and then we round out the last few with some offensive line guys. Zhang will cap out the list as he has done well catching the ball from Bronko.

DEFENSIVE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

1. Julian O'Sullivan (1st Round, 6th Overall)
Stats: 25 Tackles, 2 Tackle for Loss, 2 Sacks, 1 Pass Deflection

2. Benson Bayley (1st Round, 4th Overall)
Stats: 15 Tackles, 1 INT, 7 Pass Deflections

3. William Ridley (3rd Round, 19th Overall)
Stats: 23 Sacks, 3 Tackles for Loss, 1 Fumble Recovery, 4 Sacks, 2 Pass Deflections

4. Godfrey King (1st Round, 2nd Overall)
Stats: 13 Tackles, 1 Tackle for Loss, 5 Sacks

5. Brice Boggs (1st Round, 3rd Overall)
Stats: 30 Tackles, 1 Fumble Recovery, 2 Sacks

6. Ricardo Sandoval (1st Round, 7th Overall)
Stats: 19 Tackles, 3 Sacks

7. Eidur Gustavsson (2nd Round 13th Overall)
Stats: 11 Tackles, 3 Tackles for Loss, 2 Sacks

Julian O'Sullivan will be getting the Defensive Rookie of the year! Unlike the offense, the defense has performed well and accordingly. Bayley is the second ranked as he has done well so far with 15 tackles,1 INT, and 7 Pass deflections which puts him nearly the top of the league. Ridley has been an awesome surprise and definitely deserves to be top 3. King and Boggs have absolutely followed through for their teams. Sandoval has definitely been a power on the defensive line as is Gustavsson. Ridley and Gustavsson will be the steals of this draft as they dropped out of the first round. I think Ridley is the one to watch as he could easily slide up the board or down the board.

I definitely think that these ranks will definitely change a bit, but the teams should be happy with their picks thus far. Who am I missing? Are there any steals in which I did not catch? What are your thoughts?
[/div]
Quote:Words: 604

GRADED

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - iamslm22 - 09-23-2017

Just here for my usual crusade against using pancakes as a better indicator than sacks allowed. I don't see how Schmarcetype isn't the best O lineman given he's only 6 pancakes below the guys you have above him, AND he has no sacks allowed. People just always underrate O linemen who don't make mistakes.

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - JuOSu - 09-23-2017

Love you boo!

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - 4D Chess - 09-23-2017

I like this idea for an article, hope you update it a few more times throughout the year.

(09-23-2017, 04:08 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Just here for my usual crusade against using pancakes as a better indicator than sacks allowed. I don't see how Schmarcetype isn't the best O lineman given he's only 6 pancakes below the guys you have above him, AND he has no sacks allowed. People just always underrate O linemen who don't make mistakes.
I get it, I was very much going between all of these different categories. Without a real measure of importance, it is based off personal preference. I want my QB to not end up on his back, so I rate sacks allowed high.

(09-23-2017, 04:15 PM)JuOSu Wrote:Love you boo!
:wub:

(09-23-2017, 04:26 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:I get it, I was very much going between all of these different categories. Without a real measure of importance, it is based off personal preference. I want my QB to not end up on his back, so I rate sacks allowed high.

No I completely agree with that! That's why I think guys who don't allow sacks should be higher ranked.

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - timeconsumer - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 05:08 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Just here for my usual crusade against using pancakes as a better indicator than sacks allowed. I don't see how Schmarcetype isn't the best O lineman given he's only 6 pancakes below the guys you have above him, AND he has no sacks allowed. People just always underrate O linemen who don't make mistakes.

The problem is that there is almost no consistency in the Sim between what constitutes a sack allowed and what doesn't. I've watched my guy get beat off the edge and the DE sack Boss, only to have 0 sacks allowed in the box score. I've also seen me give up a sack allowed in the box score when the only sacks were by linebackers (I'm a LT).

*Week 4 - ROTY Power Rankings - Daybe - 09-23-2017

1. Julian O'Sullivan (1st Round, 6th Overall)
Stats: 25 Tackles, 2 Tackle for Loss, 2 Sacks, 1 Pass Deflection

5. Brice Boggs (1st Round, 3rd Overall)
Stats: 30 Tackles, 1 Fumble Recovery, 2 Sacks

can someone please explain to me how this makes sense? :lol:

(09-23-2017, 04:54 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:The problem is that there is almost no consistency in the Sim between what constitutes a sack allowed and what doesn't. I've watched my guy get beat off the edge and the DE sack Boss, only to have 0 sacks allowed in the box score. I've also seen me give up a sack allowed in the box score when the only sacks were by linebackers (I'm a LT).

Really? That's so interesting. I've noticed my sacks allowed last year when I got beat by DEs, but I could be wrong. I feel like from watching the sims pancakes come in bunches and are fairly random.