International Simulation Football League
*pour one out for the homies - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *pour one out for the homies (/showthread.php?tid=48584)

*pour one out for the homies - DREAMSLOTH - 11-21-2023

It is true -- the time of JHM in Cape Town has come to a bittersweet end.

I had no idea what I was getting into when I first joined the ISFL. Over the past few months the time I've been able to dedicate to the league has been slowing down. I'm not sure when or even if that'll pick up again -- extended unemployment and full-time fatherhood will do that to you.

I'm extremely grateful for the time I've been able to spend with you all, and ideally I'll still be around in some capacity, even if limited. To that end, I thought a bit about how I could contribute to the league and not just my team, and how I could also try to extend my own experience with the league.

As such, you may have seen that JHM has been shipped to Chicago to ride out the next season. I don't know what the move will bring, but I figured I may as well see what other teams can offer and hope that other players will consider doing so as well. It's easy to stay within our comfort zones -- not to say I didn't want to stay in CTC, because I did and they would have gladly kept me. But it's important to me that I expand my horizons and see what else is out there.

So here's a forty for the road. Thank you to @Luciddreams702 and @negs for taking a chance on me in the first place. Thank you to @lordcoolcats for jumping on these last couple seasons and keeping negs bogs in check. My one regret is that I won't be able to finish changing his name Big Grin

Shoutout to everyone that I've shared time with in the LR, y'all have really helped me feel like the ISFL was a second home for me:
  • @Alikh @lordcoolcats I'll never forget the Booyah Boys.
  • @LordEscanor you're legit the only LEO I've ever liked. And you're a fantasy god despite rostering 83% of the Ravens. I don't know how you do it.
  • @Cycro @jollyjiggs @ValorX77 @crash1005 @Akoustique @AK41 @FireworkFuse @NYR73 @Quasi @JMoney762 @ThreeToeSloth we only had a limited time together but it was great getting to interact with you all the same. And thank you for recognizing negs' absolutely atrocious food takes. That's how I know we are a family.
  • @Pat @Cody @Swanty appreciate you being mentors and just all around great presence in the Philly and Cape Town LR. Pat and Cody: more podcasts please.

And I guess I'll throw a few more words in for negs and LCC. You guys are legit. Like, I can't believe you care as much about Cape Town as you do. You've done an incredible job of not just building an outstanding fake internet football team, but also building a community. And negs.. even though you're a food psycho, you're still #1 in my heart.

If any of you ever end up in the Denver area (and are legally able to drink a beer), please don't hesitate to hit me up.

On to new pastures.

o7

RE: pour one out for the homies - DREAMSLOTH - 11-21-2023

@AnUnoriginalGuy I dunno if you'll ever see this, but it was fun going through the DSFL ranks and latter Philly days with you mayne.
@bechtudo you're the homie.
@ElMerchanto come back we miss you.

RE: pour one out for the homies - soevil - 11-21-2023

This is a well thought out message and I can feel the sincerity in it. I applaud your willingness to test other waters, and I hope more throughout the league will be able to take inspiration from you in that respect. We are happy to have you in Chicago.

RE: pour one out for the homies - negs - 11-21-2023

Definitely Cape Towns GOAT looking forward to that HOF induction And continuing my amazing food takes

RE: pour one out for the homies - lordcoolcats - 11-21-2023

Much Love :RhinoHug: