International Simulation Football League
(S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction (/showthread.php?tid=48766)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

(S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - dude_man - 12-04-2023

(S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S45 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, December 10th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: The first IRL week of S45 is underway, what is your kneejerk take or reaction and why is it the way it is? 

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing your player talking to the media about your controversial take!

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - WildfireMicro - 12-04-2023

First of all, the ASFC will once again be a tough division, and it is kind of hard to see who the best team in there is. Honolulu and Austin are both 3-1, however Honolulu has beat Austin in a close game, but lost to a 2-2 Arizona, who Austin beat. New York is also 2-2,and lost a close opener to Honolulu after Honolulu came back from a 20-6 deficit at halftime and held New York to 0 points during the second half. Also, where did Colorado bring 4-0 come from? I hand admittedly not paid attention to them for a bit since they were in the NSFC, but still.

Granted the best team they have beat is a 2-2 Baltimore Hawks team and the rest of them are 1-3, so that is an asterisk on thier undefeated record and we will just sees what happens when they face teams like 3-1 Sarasoa and Berlin. Cape Town Crash got a win versus Baltimore, but they dropped two straight to Sarasota and Berlin so we will see if they can keep up with the leaders of the NSFC.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Murtsi - 12-04-2023

So now is my chance to be the International Simulation Football League version of Stephen A Smith or Colin Cowherd you say? 4 weeks in and I have three knee jerks reactions that are easy to see. The first one is that the Colorado Yeti are here to play and will be your National Simulation Football Conference Championships. Why is that you ask? Well obviously by the fact that they have the best record in the conference, are the only undefeated team as well has having the best defense in the league so far by only allowing 71 points. No one needs offense when you have defense am I right?

The other two knee jerk reactions is that we have clearly found our MVP and OPotY. Firstly MVP will be Cape Town Crash QB Craig Jerrith IV with his preposterous 13 touchdown to 3 interception score as well as obviously league leadin 108.3 passer rating. Our Offensive player of the year will go to Arizona Outlaw running back Danny Nedelko as he is 77 yards ahead of his nearest counterpart and leading the league with 467 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - jollyjiggs - 12-04-2023

My kneejerk reaction is that teams have figured out that Legs McMillion doesn't have hands. He led the league in PDs last season, but didn't record a single one his first two games this time around. While he now has 6 total and an interception on the year, he has a long way to go to make another all-pro. Legs might need to work out some new techniques as teams obviously have learned just to throw higher into the air. Maybe Legs McMillion will work on his vertical to counter this new strategy.

My other knee jerk reaction is that the Otters are far better than their record. They should absolutely be competing for a playoff spot this season and I believe they will make a comeback during this week's games to give themselves a chance. Don't be surprised if they go on a long win-streak. They'll definitely need one.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - CaptainDMG - 12-04-2023

Now that we have completed the first week of S45, my initial reactions are to which teams are “good” and which teams are “bad”. I have played football and coached football, and there is a saying that has always gone around: “you are what your record is.” You can *think* you are a good team but if you are sitting at 0-4 like the Orange County Otters are, at some point you have to start winning games to prove that you actually *are* a good team. Rhetoric is just words, data is just numbers, and “sim gonna sim” – at the end of the day, the ISFL Index compiles wins and losses and those that win more make the playoffs. Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum, the Colorado Yeti are finding a way to win. Starting 4-0, the Yeti are the only undefeated team with a surprising defense that is allowing the lowest amount of points against. After going 5-11 last season, 8-8 before that, 6-10 before that, 6-10 before that, and 7-8-1 before that, you have to go back to S39 for the last time Colorado posted a winning season of 9-6-1. With such an impressive start, is it possible that Wolfie McDummy Jr. can lead the Yeti deep into the playoffs? My kneejerk reaction tells me: (1) the Orange County Otters will miss the playoffs and struggle to win 6 games, and (2) the Colorado Yeti will make the playoffs but be knocked out in the first round.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - TubbyTim69 - 12-04-2023

Yeti are going to squeak into the playoffs despite being a lower scoring team. So far, the Yeti are sitting pretty at 4-0, despite having the 2nd lowest scoring team in Division. Although, the NSFC has some powerhouse offenses, The Yeti have been carried by their rock solid Defense. The Yeti have one of the youngest, yet best, LB cores in the League. They added Donte Darious to an already stacked group. With Americano, RE #38 and Waylen Green, Yeti Defense is going to control the line of scrimmage all season. While the Secondary is still trying to find it's grove, thee LB core has put on constant pressure against opposing QB's. As for their offense, Wolfie is already looking like an MVP Candidate. Averaging almost 250 yards a game and 9 TD's already, Wolfie is starting to find stability in his receivers. If the Yeti can get the ground game rolling, This offense will start putting points up and that's when the league will have to be on notice.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Bazooka_Joe - 12-04-2023

PBE affiliate:
https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=33761&view=findpost&p=658997

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - Tmoney6996 - 12-04-2023

Oh man, I love kneejerk reactions. I think the easiest one right now is that this seasons OCO is last seasons COL. Essentially, it's a team that checks all of the boxes and has a majority of pieces in place to be competitive, but for whatever reason, just can't seem to get it together. To that end though, I think OCO is a good team and they've just gotten unlucky, but they play in a very tough ASFC so I'm not sure where the turnaround begins. Is it week 5 against a NOLA team that just won their first game of the season? Or will it take a little bit longer for them to finally notch a win?

Outside of that, I think the biggest kneejerk reaction I could have right now, is that the importance of a high end RB is completely overstated when the team has talent at other skill positions. Maybe this is just WR bias, but COL is proving that you can largely ignore the running game and just throw the ball and win 4 in a row. IF you wanted to make the argument against this and say that NYS and HON are perfect examples of why RBs are important, you could, but I think you'd be wrong.

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - GlimsTC - 12-04-2023

IMMEDIATE BIAS ALERT WEEOOWEEWOO!!!! Ducks are 1-0 to start the season and Berlin is 3-1 to start the season while also spending most of their games leading. This can only mean one thing: BOTH TEAMS ARE GOING ALL THE WAY EASILY! Berlin looks actually phenominal, putting up insane numbers on offense and having their defense make insane plays despite the close games. Some people say "you can't win that way forever!!!!", but what I say is WE ABSOLUTELY CAN! So, I feel extremely good about our odds there of ending top 2 in our division this year for sure. For the Ducks, as an active player on the team, I already know how it's gonna go, and it's gonna be us winning because I SAID SO. Absolutely think we Ducks have a great shot at the playoffs and week one only confirmed more for me that we do indeed got what it takes to make it happen.

(157 words)

RE: (S45) PT #2 - Kneejerk Reaction - DL14 - 12-04-2023

pass