International Simulation Football League
(S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant (/showthread.php?tid=48868)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

(S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Baron1898 - 12-18-2023

(S45) PT #4 - White Elephant

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S45 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, December 24th, 2023 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Your team has decided to throw a white elephant gift swap. What would your player bring, and what would they try to steal? How would all of your teammates interact during the party?

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing your player celebrating the holidays at home or with their team!

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - ElMerchanto - 12-18-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Murtsi - 12-18-2023

So first of all I had to find out what on earth is a white elephant gift exchange, but I guess now I know that as well. Anyway, great to see the Arizona Outlaws throwing a white elephant figt swap! I think from my point of view it is pretty clear what I would bring, as we all know that I am a literal Fridge and I specialized in ice making during my studies. So I would bring a bag of ice, but before you get to thinking I am just some cheap skate, hear me out. So this is some high grade ice, with different shapes that you could use for different drinks, childrens parties or just maybe something in the bed room. Of course I would be bringing it in a special container that only Fridges can get that makes sure it will always be at optimal temperature for whatever your need is. For me in the actual party, I would try to be stealing any type of food, especially pancakes!

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - .simo - 12-18-2023

Paul Dosza, who is currently a corner back for the Outlaws that play in Arizona in the ASFC of the International Simulation Football League, does really love when it is gift giving time around the team. Being from Australia he has an easy out for gift giving and something that everyone always loves and that is just food from Australia. He will get together a big hamper of all sorts of Australian food. Milo for milk and different chocolates and chips. Some boxes of Shapes always go well and some different things also that are interesting to try like chicken salt or vegimite. Having a gift bundle like this is always a winner at this time of the year and is a big favourite with all of Paul's team mates. This hamper is always the most stolen item in a game of White Elephant so he has started disguising it so people don't know where it is.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - jollyjiggs - 12-18-2023

Legs McMillion only knows of one thing to bring to a white elephant gift exchange. It's something near and dear to him, as it helps him do something he typically wouldn't be able to do. He brought a back scratcher as his present for the gift exchange, hoping it can transform someone else's life the same way it did his.

You might be asking yourself a few questions right now. First, how would Legs McMillion use a back scratcher? That's an easy one, he grips it with his feet. Nothing too complicated there.

Your next question you may ask, what exactly is he scratching if he doesn't have a back? And that is the beauty of the back scratcher. You don't need a back to get your back scratched. He just picks up the back scratcher and goes to town.

Surely someone else in the league will be able to experience the same euphoria as Legs did upon receiving the back scratcher.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - SmittyHextall - 12-18-2023

The weird thing that is with a white elephant gift exchange is that you never know what is going to be there. It could be a bunch of bad t shirts that never fit. Or a giant butt plug, or some really nice and tasty cookies. SO you can either go with the nice gift and play it safe the dumb gift to fuck the first person who picks over. Or you take the extremely funny or overly sexual gift to embarrass the prude of your friend group. Now Norman is a goofy kind of guy. Who is all about trying to get the biggest laugh. So i think the choice he would make would be the goofy and weird gift. Maybe a astronomically large dildo. I think it would get some laugh from his compatriots. Now i thing that the gift that Norman would be going after would just be anything but the thing he brought and the most normal. And he would call it a successful evening.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - CaptainDMG - 12-18-2023

Emerson Bigguns believes that life is too short to not enjoy the finer things in life. As such, this holiday season he decided to bring a bottle of one his favorite libations, Macallan Fine Oak 21 Year Scotch, to exchange at the Wraiths’ white elephant gift swap. Bigguns is a pragmatist and knows that if all the other gifts suck, he would just steal his scotch back. Also, if he does not end up with the Macallan, he would encourage the person who did get the bottle it to open it up and toast a glass with the team. As far as what Emerson would want to steal during the gift swap, he would be eyeing the most expensive gift for the purposes of either using it himself (if he wanted it) or re-gift it to someone else not at the party. Now the party itself would be just as chaotic as it usually is in the locker room or on the field. Thor Dangerson would be shirtless jumping all over the furniture yelling incoherently, Zenzeroni Xystarch II would be telling a long-winded story by the fireplace, and Patrick Uncertain would have been so offensive and combative that our GM would have had to ban him from the party.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - Marty the Monster - 12-18-2023

While Marty Crane would have a few solid ideas, he'd ultimately follow his moral compass and give unto others what he would want to receive himself. For Marty, that's obviously a cold six pack of Ballantine. While several members of the birddogs would likely bring some fancy electronics or silly gag gifts, Crane would find the vast majority unnecessary and confusing. Dewey Greenbeans would be bringing his famous, well, greenbeans which would peak Marty's interest. In an effort to not be the guy who tries to take his own gift back with him, he'd likely aim to steal these sweat crunchy treats as opposed to just grabbing the ballantine to take home and share with his trusty dog Eddie. His buddy, Dewey, sees the desire for a cold one in his eyes though, and would probably snag the 6 pack of icy goodness to share with Marty. That winds up working out perfectly as Marty snagged the greenbeans for him and the two ball hawks share a Christmas feast together in the back of the room while the rookies take turns passing each other a screaming chicken that pops out of box. Happy holidays, dogs.

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - ValorX77 - 12-18-2023

[Image: Ayame_Holiday_Card.png?ex=6592edf7&is=65...95d1c22b9&]

RE: (S45) PT #4 - White Elephant - lock180 - 12-18-2023

Yellowknife Wraiths don't deserve ANY kind of gift exchange based on their performance this season. So if the Yellowknife Wraiths put on a measly White Elephant gift exchange Zenzeroni would come up with a brilliant plan. He wouldn't bring a thing to the party so at the end of the exchange when one person is left without a gift, there would be a controversy and the team would start to argue. In that time Zenzeroni would sneak out of the room and go home where he would sit next to his fireplace and eat pizza all by himself like he originally wanted Christmas to be. He would then pull up his security camera and watch the chaos in the White Elephant room unfold as if he were watching an episode of Big Brother. In the end, Zenzeroni knows this would only bring the team closer together as they would eventually find out the culprit to be Zenzeroni Xystarch II and bond over a common notion across the league already: Ban Kickers. But Zenzeroni wouldn't care. He would look out his Yellowknife window at the frozen hellscape as snow begins to fall, wrapped in a warm blanket next to the fire and under the Christmas tree. Zenzeroni also puts out cookies and glass of milk with a net above it so that if Santa does show up, he can catch him as he has spent his whole life trying to catch the elusive Santa Claus.