International Simulation Football League
*Getting to know: Dru Freduci - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Getting to know: Dru Freduci (/showthread.php?tid=48948)

*Getting to know: Dru Freduci - Keyg_an - 12-27-2023

Please note that all things mentioned in this article are said in character, at no time was I forced into a position switch or anything of that nature. Bondi Beach is a lovely place to play with very kind managers and team mates.

Early Life:

Freduci was born to a single mother in a low income portion of California, where income tax had destroyed the once beautiful community. His mother Magdelena Freduci, a former Olympic level sprinter raised him to be the best at anything he had put his mind to, this included his one true love, American Football. Dru was a single season starter for Independence Community College under infamous head coach Jason Brown, though his stats were lacklustre at best, posting a season line of 431 yards on 87 receptions with 3 touchdowns in an astounding 211 targets. Despite being force fed targets for a majority of the season, Freduci could not get it going, which led for him declaring for the draft late.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
STRENGTHS:

Elite speed at the tight end position, and despite a late career transition to the position of runningback, speed should still be an asset. Effective as a blocker at the runningback position due to his experience blocking as a tight end. Despite what the numbers may say, his hands are quick and he can reign in passes that other downfield receivers may not be able to. Coaches will mention that his best ability is his availability, which has been unmatched during his brief stint at Independence. Confident and competitive, it seems as though the lost season has not shook his belief that he has the potential to be an All-Time great. Has size that cannot be taught at 6'6.

WEAKNESSES:

Lacks instinct that should be present in a runningback at this level due to experience at the position though he seems to be picking it up at a relatively respectable rate, coaches are concerned that the complexity at the highest level may leave him stumped in crucial situations. Despite a large catch radius he has often been found dropping what many consider to be easy catches could become a concern quickly at the ISFL level. Despite elite speed, many coaches do not trust him in the return game due to questionable hands.

DRAFT PROJECTION:

Rounds 8-11, may not make it through his rookie contract due to character concerns.

IN CONCLUSION:

Despite multiple elite tools, Freduci's character concerns leave him in the back of many managers minds. Could go down as one of the biggest What If's in recent history. If the right coach can reign in the attitude, he projects as an All-Pro level runningback, but without a perfect situation he is likely to be a 3rd string back in a mediocre offense.

= = = =

Pre-Draft Interview:

Despite many pegging you as a consensus lottery pick during your highschool years, you are currently mocking outside the 6th and 7th round, what do you think has played into those projections?

I would have to say a lot of my current draft status has to do with my play during my time at Independence. I know that it was not a great season for me but come on. How can people blame those performances on me? Coach Brown has no clue what he is doing on a football field. He is an absolute moron and I can not believe that people thought he had the mental capacity to coach at the college level. He has me running deep routes with a quarterback in Malik Henry who seemingly can not throw the ball past the line of scrimmage without placing it in to the opposing defensive backs hands. If the game had been called how it should have been I would have been an all time receiving leader at Independence and inside those hick town papers are calling me a fallen star, what an absolute joke.

Some would say that it was the attitude that kept you from being great, what would you say to those who question your ability to be a team player?

Those clowns have never stepped foot on a field like I have, I was born great and these reporters are like cockroaches grasping on to any little crumb of a news story they can find and it just so happens that the next big thing in college football landed right in their laps. They have been preying on my downfall, of course they are going to claim that my attitude is a deterrent to teams they want to see me fail so they can try to keep paying the bills. My name sells papers and that is all those media worms care about anymore.

Since signing with the Bondi Beach Buccaneers, you have transitioned from tight end to runningback, what prompted the transition and do you embrace the change?

Ultimately they told me that it was run the ball or don't play, and of course, I chose to play, I can't afford to give those rats back in Independence anymore fuel to add to their hate fire, I understand that an under utilized tight end may not be effective in all schemes, but I should never be under utilized, I am one of the greatest high school tight ends the world has ever seen and I have been relegated to a position I have never even considered playing but alas, here we are and here we will be. I will soon become the best runningback the league has seen in a long time, starting with the developmental leagues prior to the draft. If Bondi Beach was smart they would begin deploying me like the Portland Pythons are deploying Scorch von Turbo, they understand making your best players your priority. I have embraced the change out of necessity more than anything what use is there denying it? 

Any final words you would like to say to the masses before we depart?

If you are smart you are going to draft me, but most of you aren't.  Heed my warnings that passing on me will be a major mistake, one you do not even fathom the repercussions of yet. I am soon to take the league by storm whether you want to believe it on not, so buckle up and start getting used to seeing Freduci atop every leaderboard in the league, because I am coming and I am tired of being disrespected, whether it be forced position changes, a terrible coach trying to scheme me out of his offseason, or the rest of your cockroach media worms. 

Thanks for your time Dru, I really appreciate it.

RE: Getting to know: Dru Freduci - Assistant to the POR GM - 12-27-2023

How could they make you switch, how dare they