International Simulation Football League
*S45 Rookie Performance - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S45 Rookie Performance (/showthread.php?tid=49116)

Pages: 1 2

*S45 Rookie Performance - lemonoppy - 01-11-2024

Hello! I’m back with a follow-up to my article “S45 Rookies Performance”!

What we’re doing today is looking at the performance of the S45 ISFL rookies who played offensive skill positions to see who should take the crown of Offensive Rookie of the Year, shout-out some great performances, and also look at some nice charts!

If we can just talk a bit about the choke-hold that writing media so that Baron notices me, I made a website to show off some moving bar charts so that we can see how well each player did from a Pro Bowl and Fantasy performance (half-par).

If you take anything from this article, check out these charts, they’re pretty fun! https://www.lemonoppy.com/isfl/s45-rookies

I’d like to note that I actually made this site twice, once in Remix so I could try it the framework out, but it turns out I really don’t like it, so I threw up this quick thing in Next that I tried out for the first time. The site isn’t anything good or special, just hosts an iframe for the racing bar chart (probably doesn’t work well on mobile).

The data I collected for all of this can be found here!

First off, we’ve got 10 players we’re following today, 9 rookies + Thomas Passarelli (#TBTTP):

Players + Starting Season TPE

RB

BAL Anakin Skywalker (@ForSucksFake) - 667 TPE
BAL Bertie Mannering-Phipps (@bernardhibou) - 570 TPE
COL Hercules Henry (@woelkers) - 366 TPE
BER Kyle Bessey (@Pokecraft) - 466 TPE

WR

ARI Jordan Bamford (@"Bamford13") - 549 TPE
SJS Orange Julius (@OrangeJulius) - 469 TPE
ARI Thomas Sutha (@lemonoppy) - 684 TPE
NOLA Thomas Passarelli (@Tmoney6996) - 552 TPE
COL Mattrim Cauthon (@“RavensFanFromOntario”) - 300 TPE

TE

COL La’Fluke Paris-Johnson (@hemhem) - 402 TPE

And my predictions on how many Pro Bowl points I thought they’d earn:

1. BAL Anakin Skywalker - 1280
2. SJS Orange Julius - 1100
3. NOLA Thomas Passarelli - 800
4. ARI Thomas Sutha - 700
5. COL La’Fluke Paris-Johnson - 400
6. BER Kyle Bessey - 250
7. BAL Bertie Mannering-Phipps - 180
8. ARI Jordan Bamford - 175
9. COL Hercules Henry - 80
10. COL Mattrim Cauthon - Unrated

And the final standings:

1. BAL Anakin Skywalker - 1092
2. BAL Bertie Mannering-Phipps - 868
3. BER Kyle Bessey - 860
4. SJS Orange Julius - 854
5. ARI Thomas Sutha - 792
6. NOLA Thomas Passarelli - 782
7. ARI Jordan Bamford - 346
8. COL La’Fluke Paris-Johnson - 305
9. COL Mattrim Cauthon - 284
10. COL Hercules Henry - 230

[Image: 3Pql7fk.png]

Congratulations to Anakin Skywalker for the most Pro Bowl points this season! He ended up with more than 200 than the second place player, Bertie Mannering-Phipps a fellow Baltimore Hawk.

BMP ended up with a shocking 700 more points than I thought he’d get, and Kyle Bessey in third ended with 610 more than I predicted!

In 4th to 6th, we had a trio of WRs that were really close, Orange Julius beating Thomas Sutha (me) and Thomas Passarelli. Passarelli and I had super tight stats, our yardage race ended with him ahead, but I have the edge in Pro Bowl points, fantasy points, and TDs, which is a reasonable consolation prize.

Next we’ve got the grinder and goated WR3 of all time, Jordan Bamford, who did a lot of dirty trench work for Arizona, and who some would say is better than Passarelli.

After Bamford is a trio of Yetis in La’Fluke Paris-Johnson, Mattrim Cauthon, and Hercules Henry. Mostly in the ISFL to grab some experience, LFPJ especially ended up as a great role player in a Colorado team that surprised me with their fantastic performance this season.

Congrats to all of us rookies, let’s see if I can sway any ORotY voters as we go through this article!

Offensive Performance of the Year

My Offensive Performance of the Year goes to Orange Julius in Week 15 against Honolulu. Facing a dominant Ultimus winning team looking to repeat as they finish first in the league, Orange Julius ended up with 5 receptions for 146 yards and 3 touchdowns! His touchdowns were 22, 52, and 62 yards. Truly a dominant performance by the hottest rookie WR in the league.

My runner up goes to Anakin Skywalker against the Sarasota Sailfish in Week 4. Anakin showed up big time, showing the Baltimore faithful why he should win the RB room duel between fellow rookie Bernie Mannering-Phipps. Anakin took 9 carries for 100 yards and 2 touchdowns, including a 50 yard score. He added 37 yards in the air on 5 receptions, not letting a Preston Beatz target miss him by.

Honorable mention to Kyle Bessey in W16 against the Sailfish again, he took 8 carries for 39 yards, 1 TD and also caught 4 out of 5 passes for 82 more yards.

Awards!

Clean Sheet - Thomas Passarelli shows his Tight End roots and ends the season with 0 sacks allowed on a rookie leading 31 pancakes!

Butter Fingers (Major) - Explosive WR Orange Julius fumbles 4 times this season!

But… TDs? - Who cares about fumbles when you end up with 8 touchdowns! Whenever OJ has the ball, something big happens. As a note, OJ also ended with an absurd 19.2 average yards per catch, this man is literally Ja’Marr Chase.

Butter Fingers (Minor) - Passarelli with 13 drops! What a CHUMP.

Seeing Red - A split award for Hercules Henry and Anakin Skywalker. Henry leads the rookies with 5 penalties, and Anakin with 50 penalty yards.

Funniest Sequence - Kinda continued from above, Henry in W16 got an Unnecessary Roughness penalty and then in the next play got an Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty. Woelkers = hot head???

Thomas Sutha vs Thomas Passarelli H2H

Passarelli and I had a bet this season on who'd end up with more yards this season. I lost.
But I'm a sore loser, so I'm writing this section to see if the public at large thinks that Sutha had a better season than Passarelli. Bamford showed us up some weeks too, so I've put him as an option for the real fans.

The stats:

Thomas Sutha: 69 receptions, 117 targets (59%) for 707 yards (10.2 avg), 5 TDs. 5 Drops, 1 Fumble, 26 Pancakes, 0 Sacks Allowed.
Thomas Passarelli: 73 receptions, 134 targets (54%) for 802 yards (11.0 avg), 2 TDs. 13 Drops, 1 Fumble, 31 Pancakes, 0 Sacks Allowed.
Jordan Bamford: 39 receptions, 52 targets (75%) for 286 yards (7.3 avg), 2 TDs. 3 Drops, 0 Fumbles, 11 Pancakes, 0 Sacks Allowed.

Offensive Rookie of the Year

So first off, QBs always win this one, that’s lame, screw QBs, lets give the awards to one of these players.

I think there are two candidates for Offensive Rookie of the Year, Anakin Skywalker and Orange Julius.

My vote is for Orange Julius, and it’s not close. Anakin did super well, had the most Pro Bowl points but it was mostly on usage volume (and volume is earned!). Anakin wasn’t particularly efficient on the ground, and didn’t end up with more touchdowns or more explosive plays than fellow rookie Bertie Mannering-Phipps. He was on the field a lot though, he earned a ton of rushing attempts, a ton of targets, and ended up with 23 pancakes.

Orange Julius led with 8 touchdowns (vs 5 for a few other players) and had about the same yardage as Passarelli but on 30 fewer receptions. OJ had a couple games where he didn’t show up with a single catch (W11 and W13) plus he fumbled more than Anakin (4 vs 1), but his gamebreaking ability clearly puts him as the rookie with the most pop.

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - Tmoney6996 - 01-11-2024

The stats here are incredible, but the only thing I'm getting out of it is this Passarelli guy stinks!

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - .HoshinoIchika - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 03:12 PM)Tmoney6996 Wrote: The stats here are incredible, but the only thing I'm getting out of it is this Passarelli guy stinks!

uh... Because it's true?

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - Tmoney6996 - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 04:08 PM)Cloud Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 03:12 PM)Tmoney6996 Wrote: The stats here are incredible, but the only thing I'm getting out of it is this Passarelli guy stinks!

uh... Because it's true?
[Image: itECYRN.jpg]

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - .HoshinoIchika - 01-11-2024

(01-11-2024, 04:14 PM)Tmoney6996 Wrote:
(01-11-2024, 04:08 PM)Cloud Wrote:

uh... Because it's true?
[Image: itECYRN.jpg]
Hey, I only care about points scored, ok? Because that's what wins you games. None of that analytics BS like "yards" or "catches".

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - Mooty99 - 01-11-2024

And the winner is ....... Jay Cue III, obvs

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - JoeSteel - 01-12-2024

This is defensive erasure we already don't get the stats

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - Urq660 - 01-12-2024

You appear to have missed a ‘None’ option from your poll, an administrative oversight, I’m sure

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - lemonoppy - 01-12-2024

(01-12-2024, 04:49 AM)Urq660 Wrote: You appear to have missed a ‘None’ option from your poll, an administrative oversight, I’m sure

You can just be honest and vote Bamford

RE: S45 Rookie Performance - homercrates - 01-13-2024

I know I did