International Simulation Football League
(S46) Late Joiner Thread - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S46) Late Joiner Thread (/showthread.php?tid=49124)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: (S46) Late Joiner Thread - Fno - 03-03-2024

(Prompt 1) Talk about what inspired your players name and any meaning behind it-
I chose Alexandros Sotiris because I wanted to make my player Greek. I didn't really care what the name was as long as it had Greek roots. I, myself have some Greek heritage, so what better way to acknowledge that than name a player a Greek name in a sim league. I came up with the name by using a random name generator and only filtering Greek names. (68 Words)

(Prompt 2) Talk about your player number and if it means anything special to you-
73 definitely has a special place in my heart. Growing up I always liked the number 75 because it was 3/4 of the way to 100. I always picked it as my favorite number to represent being in the middle of a journey. In high school football number 75 was taken so I was given number 73. Ever since then it has become my new favorite number. (67 Words)

(Prompt 3) - As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?-
I personally haven't had the best experience starting out so far. The people have been great, but I've had trouble figuring out what to do and when to do it. When I first created, I was under the impression that I couldn't earn until the next season. This impression set me back already and made me consider retiring, but now after thinking it through, I think I'll stick it out. Some things I think would have made this experience better is a seasonal thread for all draft classes telling them when they could start earning. If this already exists it should be PMd to new creates. (106 Words)

(Prompt 4) - The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?-
My favorite branding would have to be my current team the London Royals. I think the gold goes so well with the logo it looks sick. As for my least favorite, ill go with the Grey Ducks. I'm sure many people would disagree, but I just can't stand the giant "MN" in the logo. (54 Words)

(Prompt 5) - - What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved? -
So far, my favorite part of the league has been the forums. I haven't really interacted with too many users yet, which is mostly due to the fact I thought I couldn't play until next season. With this said, I am really looking forward to getting more involved with my team in the locker room and think this will soon become my favorite part of the league. (67 Words)

@Fno This Late Joiner Thread is only for players who are in the S47 Draft Class

RE: (S46) Late Joiner Thread - roastfuego - 03-04-2024

What is your favorite part of the league so far and are there any users that have really helped you get involved?

I was a part of this league forever ago and finally decided to come back to it, but I got to say the best part is definitely the community aspect that has been created by everyone. The welcoming atmosphere in the rookie discord as well as my teams locker room definitely makes me happy to have come back. One user so far who has stuck out to me has to be my gm Croney. Dude has helped me with my build, predictions, sim testing everything. GM of the year without a doubt. 

- As a newly created player, was the experience intuitive? Do you have any suggestions on how we can improve the experience of getting started in our league?

Holy molly has the experience been so much more streamlined than before. Being able to use a chart that accurately spends my first 50 TPE makes it so much easier. Add on the banking tap for weekly training and it makes it so much easier then having a thread posted each week. Only improvement would be knowing when waivers are claimed cause I sat around a couple of days waiting for my opportunity to be on a team and had little to no communication. 

- Write a letter to any perspective GMs that may be interested in picking you up in the upcoming draft(or waivers). What makes you stand out?

What’s up ISFL GMs I am the one and only Brandon Johnson. I know I’m not the maxest of earners, having joined a little later then the rest of my crew, but I’ve had quite a blossoming. By selecting me in the third/fourth round you’ll be getting an active user in your locker room who will also be looked back on as a steal in the draft. I plan to put the team first mentality on paper, and instead of focusing on my own individual stats look to help the franchise I’m a part of hoist up the Ultimus trophy. 

- The ISFL has quite a few branding amongst its two leagues. Which branding are your favorite? Which are your least favorite?

My favorite branding has to be either the Tijuana Luchadores as a lifelong member of the organizations, or the Berlin fire salamanders as they’re just such a cool mascot to be a part of and support. My least favorite is probably going to be the Kansas City Coyotes (just super bland) and the Chicago City Butchers (never got the connection or really liked the logo. Please rebrand!) Huge fan of the color rush branding, as that adds a fun element to logo redesign!

@roastfuego 28 TPE earned! You may link this post to your update thread to claim the TPE.