International Simulation Football League
*MANDATORY FIRST GEN DSFL TEAM RANKINGS - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *MANDATORY FIRST GEN DSFL TEAM RANKINGS (/showthread.php?tid=49127)

*MANDATORY FIRST GEN DSFL TEAM RANKINGS - oknom - 01-12-2024

Greetings! As is customary, here is my first gen first impression rankings of the DFSL teams. Everybody knows first gens are REQUIRED to do a post like this for that sweet, sweet media money. I’m going to add in a little bit more fluff here and there, so it isn’t too boring. Please don’t take any offense if you’re team is not ranked high enough. Or . . . do! Let there be beef. The first thing I did when checking out the league was look at each team’s banners in the forum. Then I clicked through the index to see the full logos since some were cutoff. So, the ranking is pretty much just based on first impression of the color, logo, name, and location. Nothing to do with actual locker rooms or people, since at the time I didn’t know anybody.

8. Kansas City Coyotes KCC
S45 Record: 7-7 (1st in North Division)
Last Ultimini: S39
S45 1st Round Pick – Duilio’s Beard (LB)
Best Bot Name S45: Manti Yote'o (LB)
Most Popular Stadium Food: Coyo-lote – Street corn
Movie Night: Dances with Wolves
Coyotes make me think of the desert, and something like Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, etc. There are definitely coyotes everywhere, but coyote=desert is burned into my brain. I think if the logo had a little more detail or line work this would be higher. I can’t really explain why but the purple and yellow look just too bright together.
The Coyotes former 1st round pick Duilo’s Beard put up a nice season for a rookie. Good enough for 6th in the DFSL, the Beard had 97 tackles (10 TFL, 9 sacks), a pick, and a TD. They currently sit 5th in the S46 draft class as far as TPE. They will probably have a good shot at being tackles leader next season.

7. Tijuana Luchadores TIJ
S45 Record: 13-1 (1st in South Division)
Last Ultimini: S44
S45 1st Round Pick – Corey Trevor (RB)
Best Bot Name S45: Dee Gen-X (T)
Most Popular Stadium Food: Ultimo Banana-bomb Sundae
Movie Night: Nacho Libre
Only reason I have the Luchadores low on the list is I feel like they are here at the expense of some other city that’s known for having a large real life football culture. Tijuana is ruining my immersion! This is a sim league, and we can do whatever we want, so who cares what some first gen thinks. That being said, the colors, logo, and city all work pretty nice together. They can even swap the colors up but keep those luchador patterns and it looks cool as an alternate uni.
Corey Trevor is the rookie running back who joined the Luchadores this year out of a small Canadian college. Tijuana ran three different backs this year, each of which got a decent amount of success. Sevin, Fisto, and Trevor all put up 500+ yards and more than 2 TDs.

6. Bondi Beach Buccaneers BBB
S45 Record: 8-9 (3rd in South Division)
Last Ultimini: S40
S45 1st Round Pick – Leo Simon Schwartz (DT)
Best Bot Name S45: Lego Las (WR)
Most Popular Stadium Food: Captain’s Nuggz
Movie Night: Hook
Ill admit, I did not know this was an Australian team until writing this. I assumed Bondi Beach was Florida, or maaaaybe something Caribbean. These colors make more sense now since they match the Aussie national team kits. The beard being attached to the pirate skull is unsettling. If you’re an undead skeleton pirate, wouldn’t you look cooler with no beard? Would you need to keep shaving if you’re just a skeleton?
It seems its tough to breakout statistically as a DT in this league. Leo Simon Schwarz is positioned well TPE wise (1st DL in S46 class, 7th defensive prospect, 17th overall), but doesn’t have a ton of tackles or sacks to show for it. But that’s the job of the DT sometimes. Soak up those OL blockers so the blitzing safety or linebacker can make the tackle. BBB does end up with the 3rd best points allowed statistic in the league for S45, behind TIJ and DAL.

5. Dallas Birddogs DAL
S45 Record: 10-4 (2nd in South Division)
Last Ultimini: S34
S45 1st Round Pick – D’Jasper Probincrux IV (DE)
Best Bot Name S45: Beggin Strips (DE)
Most Popular Stadium Food: The Good Dog Footlong
Movie Night: Homeward Bound
People love dogs. People love cute dogs. Birddog is fun to say. I’m aware of the term “birddoggin’ it” but was not sure I ever used it correctly. Looking up the definition it can mean doing something with “dogged determination” or alternatively “stealing someone else’s date” (????). I don’t know if I’m going to use this phrase around strangers anymore, but I bet they still use it in the Dallas locker room.
The 1st round DE D’Jasper Probincrux is sitting quite a way down the list of tackle leaders for S45. But like I mentioned above, everyone plays a role in the defense and not every role is tackles. Mr. Probincrux did end up sacking the opposing QB 8 times. This was the 3rd best sack number for rookies last year and good enough for 13th overall. That feels like a sext stat a DE can be proud of.

4. Portland Pythons POR
S45 Record: 6-8 (2nd in North Division)
Last Ultimini: S43
S45 1st Round Pick – Billy Van Goff (QB)
Best Bot Name S45: Juulio Jones (LB)
Most Popular Stadium Food: Snakebite Jalapeno Poppers
Movie Night: Anaconda
Snake teams are cool, but it is weird that there is two counting Austin in the ISFL. At least they don’t need to play each other some kind of Snake Bowl. Is this Portland, Maine or Portland, Oregon? Maine doesn’t feel like a good place for pythons, too cold! Oregon probably isn’t either, but I also am not sure Portland residents are big into sports.
Quarterback! First round pick! That’s the kind of pick that gets fans cheering or booing. Van Goff sits about 22nd in the S46 draft class TPE rankings, however there is only 1 other QB. Stats wise, Van Goff was pretty much middle of the pack in all categories. Not the best in yards or TD’s, but not the worst in INT’s either. For a rookie QB, that’s honestly probably a good thing. And Van Goff got the Pythons into the playoffs too!

3. London Royals LON
S45 Record: 4-10 (4th in North Division)
Last Ultimini: S28
S45 1st Round Pick – Chopper Donquixote WR
Best Bot Name S45: Huge Henjamin (G)
Most Popular Stadium Food: Ye Olde Sausage Roll
Movie Night: Snatch
This is London, OH right? London, KY? London, ON?? Just taking the piss, mate. Grey and Gold are cool colors, and the logo is nice. I need to see someone with a LON sig to see how a render looks with a jersey swap, but I bet it looks cool.
London is in a bit of a tough spot, finishing at the bottom of the worse division in the DFSL this year. A bright spot is definitely Chopper Donquixote. I wonder if he goes by Chopper Don? He does? Chopper Don put up some great yardage numbers, coming in 4th amongst all receivers! However only 7 TD’s on the year puts him quite a bit behind the other league leaders. The Royals should be able to improve the Offensive side of the ball in the next draft, pushing Chopper Don even higher.

2. Minnesota Grey Ducks MIN
S45 Record: 5-9 (3rd in North Division)
Last Ultimini: S30
S45 1st Round Pick – Drake Wane (S)
Best Bot Name S45: Tank Marduckas (LB)
Most Popular Stadium Food:
Movie Night: Mighty Ducks
Grey and blue is so totally IN right now. Also, I’ve seen at least 3 official logos for them and 1 unofficial one? Is there a bootleg merchandise market? There’s an idea for a graphics tourney: MS Paint Bootleg Logos.
Drake Wayne sounded like a real football player, but get this. When I googled it, the top result is Drake Waterfowl hunting gear! This guy was destined to be a Duck! I might just be confusing him with Trae Waynes. Drake is part of a strong secondary in Minnesota alongside fan favorite Peepee Poop-Eater Jr.

1. Norfolk Seawolves NOR
S45 Record: 3-11 (4th in South Division)
Last Ultimini: S42
S45 1st Round Pick – Lasse Zeigler (QB)
Best Bot Name S45: Depth Charge (LB)
Most Popular Stadium Food:
Movie Night: The Hunt for the Red October
I really liked the Seawolves team concept when I first saw it. I’m brainstorming graphics ideas and you can go so in many different directions: underwater themed, above water, inside the submarine, some kind of actual aquatic dog theme. Also it feels like a good fit for the city.
Another 1st round QB pick! Zeigler went 2nd overall, so he was technically the first QB off the board ahead of Van Goff. Maybe it was a typo, but the S45 DSFL draft card showed him as a RB? These things happen. But if that’s true then he turned out to be one hell of a QB after all. Zeigler is sitting at 8th currently in total TPE for the S46 class.

RE: MANDATORY FIRST GEN DSFL TEAM RANKINGS - CROney3 - 01-13-2024

The Tijuana slander. I will NOT stand for it! Consider this official beef.

RE: MANDATORY FIRST GEN DSFL TEAM RANKINGS - homercrates - 01-13-2024

nice work
had some research
had some funny bot names
had some old man yelling incoherently ... and another thing vibes. nice.