International Simulation Football League
*S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S46 DSFL Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=49227)

*S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Soviet Sexpot - 01-17-2024

2x First Gen Bonus Please!

In my long tenure here at the league, (I think this is day 6?) I have found there to be some glaring holes..... mostly in the defense of whatever team drafts Roquefort Cotswald. Nevertheless, I digress, it seems that a DSFL mock draft is something that would be welcomed and warranted to help establish whose stock is rising, whose is falling, and whose never existed.

Now before we begin, I want to share my methodology and process for determining draft order. First and most importantly, it's based on my opinion of said individuals. I pride myself on being a great perceiver of talent and reading people, so its without a doubt, this was the most flawless statistic to rely on.

Secondly, I went through and looked at their player pages and saw who was actively pursuing TPE and funds to boost their player for whatever team drafted them vs those who just signed up and sat around like bum's. I listed each players TPE at the time of this post roughly and their total bank. I weigh TPE heavier than bank as recreates from established players will obviously have a leg up on the funds. Yes I know this is somewhat fundamentally flawed as TPE doesnt count until after the prospect bowl.

Third, I looked when they joined the league. The reality is GM's want active players, not dead weight. Now I've also been told that supposedly new active players are ahead of recreates, but that remains to be seen first hand by me. However I did try to model based on that, however anybody who joined recently and did nothing or the bare minimum fell to the bottom for the randomizer (more on that later).

Fourthly (is this even a word?) I went through and tried to determine the needs each team had, assuming they would draft to fill a hole. Of course this may be inaccurate as I genuinely have no idea whose willing to switch positions. For example, I myself am listed as a TE prospect, but that's only to throw off the competition. I'm actually a DE.... or am I? I also don't know what schemes each team is running or prefers.

Lastly, I used a randomizer when there were many similar candidates with no discernable advantage and I need to find a spot for them. Thanks to the good folks at random.org for helping me fill the last 2 rounds out.

My assumption of needs was based on the following positional breakdown of a team: 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 5 OL, 4 DL, 4 LB, 3 CB, 2 S, 1 K/P

I also assumed that most GM's would prefer to replace BOT's with humans playing a position. Though perhaps thats not true and some bots are required due to salary cap, the world may never know.

Lastly, here's a refresher and breakdown of who had what picks in the draft:

NOR Norfolk Seawolves - 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49
LON London Royals - 2, 10, 18, 26, 34, 43, 51
MIN Minnesota Grey Ducks - 3, 11, 19, 27, 35, 43, 51
BBB Bondi Beach Buccaneers - 4, 12, 20, 28, 36, 44, 52
POR Portland Pythons - 5, 13, 21, 29, 37, 45, 53
DAL Dallas Birddogs - 6, 14, 22, 30, 38, 46, 54
KCC Kansas City Coyotes - 7, 15, 23, 31,3 9, 47, 55
TIJ 
Tijuana Luchadores - 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, 48, 56

So without further noise, here are my projections. Oh and I tried to offer explanations early on as the talent pool was larger and I figured half of these people would complain about why they went where they did. Not all rookies are modest and accepting such as myself.

Season 46  DSFL Mock Draft Results:

Round 1 - Pick 1 - Maurice "Mo Money" Gunner DE - Now before the haters start spouting off, here's what you need to know. The Norfolk Seawolves are dead last in defensive stats in the league. They lack tackles, sacks, forced fumbles. They also have a BOT playing DE. A once in a lifetime talent at DE like Mo Money brings much needed help to them. He's active, ambitious, motivated and racking up TPE and funds at a high rate, thanks to stellar graphics and media such as this.

Round 1 - Pick 2 - Swantavius Stack OL - London Royals have a real need for OL help anywhere they can get it. Their whole OL is bot's and a human player will always outdo a robot (You hear that Musk?). Swantavius also finds himself near the top based on my metrics, given his history in the league, sizable bank and sizable TPE.

Round 1 - Pick 3 - McDripsen McDropsen OL- Similar to the Royals, Grey Ducks can use the help on the OL. Ranking second to last on OL stats, and with 3 out of 5 spots being bots, the help and need is real. McDripen also brings experience, solid TPE and a reasonable bank to insure future success.

Round 1 - Pick 4 - Lane Wilson WR - Bondi Beach ranked 2nd to last in receiving and passing, so while one could argue QB might be more of a pressing need, there is better depth there at the top than at WR. Chances are good they can improve both in the draft, but locking in the top WR talent available by a large margin should go a long way to help.

Round 1 - Pick 5 - Puddles O'Duck QB - Why does a short term signing not become a long one? Portland needs the help passing and Puddles is not only the current leader in TPE, but with a sizable bank and experience, he's going to be able to continue the upward climb. Here's to hoping he solves those issues for them.

Round 1 - Pick 6 - Reginald Hammerfall RB - Dallas has a solid foundation it can build on moving forward in many areas of the game, but one aspect where they sorely need help is their running game. Single digit TD's last season, combined with the second lowest average per carry and you can start to see what they need to make it to the Ultimini. Reginald will help fill this as the top RB prospect.

Round 1 -Pick 7 - Maria Teresa de la Rosa WR - Kansas City is an anomaly it would seem. Somehow finishing at the top of the North Division despite their statistical woes on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Their QB is the last year of his contract, so while they need to look to the future, having a bot play WR isn't helping their case either. Maria can help starting to right the ship for the Yotes.

Round 1 - Pick 8 - Sewage Joe Fantringham DT - Tijuana continues their trend of keeping high TPE players on the roster. Sewage Joe is over halfway to the cap, and he's been around a long time. Assuming he's willing to sign a lifetime contract as is rumored to be required, he could help shore up a somewhat weak Defense, that escaped punishment thanks to a stacked offense.

Round 2 - Pick 9 - Tony Scaletta LB - Again, the Seawolves look to shore up their defense and replace bots with human players and talent, the top LB available in the draft and a veteran of the league sure to stick around.
Round 2 - Pick 10 - D'GLester Hardunkichud OL
Round 2 - Pick 11 - SkibidiGyat OhioRizzle TE

Round 2 - Pick 12 - Elijah Dyson QB - Their QB is in their last season, their passing isn't good and they on a vet with a staggering billion dollar bank. Buying TPE won't be his problem, its making sure he doesn't lose half in a divorce that will be.
Round 2 - Pick 13 - Brad Woof WR - Portland took Puddles to improve their passing game, now they need help catching the ball. Brad delivers that as a league rookie with solid activity, TPE and commitment to the future. But there are questionable attributes to his game, like his willingness to write damning articles based on outdated Wiki's and a false confidence of greatness. This pick is either a big hit or a huge miss.
Round 2 - Pick 14 - Eric Beaty Jr. S
Round 2 - Pick 15 - Bugs QB
Round 2 - Pick 16 - AtCCs Mercy DT

Round 3 - Pick 17 - Roquefort Cotswald CB - If only his game matched his confidence, he could dream of being a first round pick. Norfolk desperately needs more CB's and Cotswald is the best option at that position on the board. But with an unhealthy affinity for clamps and notorious for his complaints about rookie discrimination, will the commissioner allow him to play all season or does he face fines and suspensions?
Round 3 - Pick 18 - Dunkler Sowerwine DE
Round 3 - Pick 19 - Bunny S
Round 3 - Pick 20 - K.C. Gordon LB
Round 3 - Pick 21 - Luke Laraque DE
Round 3 - Pick 22 - Walter Yesnid CB -
Is this a reach? Most would say very much so, but the Birddogs are the team that can afford to with their 3rd round pick. Only time will tell if all the keyboard clacking Yesnid does translates to success on the field.
Round 3 - Pick 23 - Soul King Brook RB
Round 3 - Pick 24 - Tim Riggins TE

Round 4 - Pick 25 - Ranch-Pizza Pizza-Man DE
Round 4 - Pick 26 - Dominic Reynolds OL
Round 4 - Pick 27 - Upceti Spaghetti LB
Round 4 - Pick 28 - Grzegorz Winnicki LB
Round 4 - Pick 29 - LLoyd Boernsteen CB
Round 4 - Pick 30 - Hamm Hargreaves K/P - The top kicking prospect finally finds a home. Surely a human leg beats a robotic one?
Round 4 - Pick 31 - Bob Kronkowsi TE
Round 4 - Pick 32 - Honorius Salvator S

Round 5 - Pick 33 - Rush Hardman LB
Round 5 - Pick 34 - Treyverion Bernardrick WR

Round 5 - Pick 35 - Jonathan Irons WR
Round 5 - Pick 36 - Kiwi Flapjacks DE
Round 5 - Pick 37 - Huge Yackman LB
Round 5 - Pick 38 - Brennan Kennedy II LB
Round 5 - Pick 39 - Gucci Gurley RB
Round 5 - Pick 40 - Long Snapper TE 

This is the part of the programming where I stop trying to figure out needs because the pool is basically all newer players (mostly) who did the bare minimum and are sitting. This may change, but hell, why not use a randomizer?

Round 6 - Pick 41 - So Gringo QB
Round 6 - Pick 42 - Jonathan ByWater LB

Round 6 - Pick 43 - Michael Mann S
Round 6 - Pick 44 - Waldo McCrunchy WR
Round 6 - Pick 45 - Oliver Wilson TE
Round 6 - Pick 45 - Tar XF K/P
Round 6 - Pick 46 - Jeffery Johnson CB
Round 6 - Pick 47 - Jack Mancuso RB

Round 7 - Pick 48 - Cameron Gold K/P
Round 7 - Pick 49 - Derrick Thomas LB

Round 7 - Pick 50 - Tyler Newtown TE
Round 7 - Pick 51 - Logan McGinnis S
Round 7 - Pick 52 - Derek Becker DE
Round 7 - Pick 53 - Julian Rose RB
Round 7 - Pick 54 - Dennis Li LB
Round 7 - Pick 55 - LaMarcus Love DE

That's all she wrote folks, maybe I'll update this again, maybe I won't. It'll depend if my employer fires me for wasting my morning doing this instead of real work. But it was well worth it to me and entertaining. I feel like I got a better feel for each teams roster, needs, and stats from last season. If nothing else, I'll see how much the model actually appreciates filling in "needs"

Also, for any prospect reading this and disappointed in their draft spot, fear not! I'm not above bribery and ninja edit's, so feel free to slide into my DM's.

Good luck to all my fellow prospects in the upcoming draft, while we can't all go first overall, such as myself, we can all have fun and hopefully play together in the league for a long time to come.

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - shahdude - 01-17-2024

I’ll take TE2 off the board. Hard to pass on a Friday Night Lights legend and recent Hogwarts star

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Baron1898 - 01-17-2024

who tf is WalterMaría

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - CROney3 - 01-17-2024

Finally, a thorough draft based guide I can use to navigate my picks. And to think, I was just about to start scouting.

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Z-Whiz - 01-17-2024

Puddles on the up and up :eyes:

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Soviet Sexpot - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 01:36 PM)CROney3 Wrote: Finally, a thorough draft based guide I can use to navigate my picks. And to think, I was just about to start scouting.

just wanted to make sure there was no confusion on how the first round should go....

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Soviet Sexpot - 01-17-2024

(01-17-2024, 01:27 PM)Baron1898 Wrote: who tf is WalterMaría

better than Malaria?

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Starboy - 01-17-2024

Ah finally old enough to be called a veteran without any of the success of a veteran.

Feels good

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Fangorn - 01-18-2024

Reginald Hammerfall at pick number 6 is not just a draft choice; it's a declaration of dominance, a proclamation that says, "We're here to win, and we've got the Hammer to lead the way!" So, to the doubters and naysayers, I say this: get ready for the ride of a lifetime, because with Hammerfall at pick number 6, we're on the fast track to gridiron greatness!

RE: S46 DSFL Mock Draft - Gage2 - 01-18-2024

Julian Rose is going to throw his T6 in the dumpster