International Simulation Football League
*THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 (/showthread.php?tid=49413)

*THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 - Brad Woof - 01-24-2024

UPROAR OF THE UNSIGNED! UNFAIRNESS UNLEASHES UNIONIZATION ULTIMATUM

The S47 Rookies finished their Prospect Bowl last night, with the Denver Dire Wolves ending an undefeated night as Prospect Bowl Champions in their win over the surprisingly competent La Brea Smilodons. The scene was electric as the Dire Wolves completed a last second touchdown drive to take the lead and eventually come out victorious. Despite all of this, some underlying unhappiness began to bubble up.

In a rookies-only meeting after the game, some couldn't help but to voice their concerns. Many revolved around the actions and playing time of the Prospect Bowl filler players, colloquially known as "bots". Several wide receivers especially were of the mind that they should be getting more playing time over the "bots", as they wanted to impress the various GMs in attendance and not watch draft-ineligible players dominate game time.

"BOT seems to be WR3 instead of me," said Smilodons WR JJ What (@JJ5) sarcastically, "beat me at practice I guess."

Dire Wolves hero WR Brad Woof was also overheard saying: "Put me in coach! Too many bots!"

Woof's complaints appear to have been heard, as he received considerably more playing time after voicing his concerns and was able to secure the championship win with his late-game game-winning performance. Others were not as lucky. Some players even had to suffer through ridicule when the bots out-performed them.

"Maria [de la Rosa] getting shut down by a bot!"

"Bots with more targets than the rest of us combined."

"Sir, you got burnt for 50 yards by a bot."

Smilodons TE Maurice Gunner (@"agorka") at one point agreed with the discussion but offered the counter-argument that ". . . without [bots] teams wouldn't have enough bodies . . ."

Tijuana GM Croney (@CROney3) only offered a curt, "Correct," in response.

Bots were not the only subject of rookie ire though, another main complaint was the amount of time between the various rookie events. The first night of the Prospect Bowl was held on Wednesday, January 16th, the second wasn't until three days later on the 20th, and the last was another three days later on the 23rd. Now after the finale of the Prospect Bowl, rookies are frustrated that they need to wait another two days until relevance in the DSFL draft.

Rookie darling Brad Woof said in a discussion about the draft, "I feel personally victimized for being forced to wait ANOTHER day. This is oppression."

And in a rare moment of solidarity, scandal-embroiled DE prospect Maurice Gunner agreed. "It is. We should unionize."

And with that, it appeared the cat was out of the proverbial bag. In the interest of protection of our Doghouse sources, we will keep all identities private, but emotions ran high in the discussion that followed. One rookie was even overheard suggesting a riot.

No action came from the heated meeting, but that hasn't stopped rumors from spreading.

“We’ve heard many reports about potential civil disruptions from the DSFL rookie chat," says Head Rookie Mentor Gadget (@Gadget), "As a Rookie myself I’m disheartened and hurt, that my supposed brothers in arms have to resort to such extremes. It is our civic duty as ISFL denizens to protect the processes in place, and the rookies should be ashamed to take such drastic actions. As the continued disruptive decorum drags the ISFL into chaos, we will be forced to invoke the state of emergency clause permitting the expansion of the rookie mentor task force, allocating an additional $30,000,000 to holding the peace and honor in rookie chat, and an additional opening up in firepower permitted by the rookie mentors, authorizing mandatory curfews for those threatening to take the harmony of the rookies out of tune.”

It remains to be seen if the rookies will follow up on their disgruntled threats and what that follow-up might look like. Would they refuse to play for the teams that draft them? Would they sabotage ISFL/DSFL events or games? Would they deter more newcomers from the league until their demands are met? Such a large draft class certainly has meaningful leverage in any negotiations with the league, but it is also clear that any and all disruption on the part of the rookies will not be tolerated.

RE: THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 - JJ5 - 01-24-2024

We shall be heard.

RE: THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 - Amkamkamk - 01-24-2024

Karl Marx has entered the chat.

RE: *THE DOGHOUSE Vol. 3 - lemonoppy - 01-30-2024

Can't beat a bot? Skill issue