International Simulation Football League
*We Stole Wizards Orb - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *We Stole Wizards Orb (/showthread.php?tid=49655)

Pages: 1 2

*We Stole Wizards Orb - swoosh - 02-08-2024

Today was quiet so we thought we'd give you some new material to chew on. Welcome to @"baz1757" and swoosh's S46 ISFL Mock Draft, where the true mocking comes in the form of you all making fun of us for having no idea of what we're doing. Well, mostly me. Draft order was based on the reverse power rankings before yesterday's games. You're not reading this part anyway, let's dive into things. 

Graders - please give broke boy baz all the mula. 

Round 1

1. HON Honolulu Hahalua - Dunkler Sowerwine | DE | @oknom
Honolulu has got the first pick on the board and they start to focus on the defense as the defensive line continues to be a spot where they need improvement and going into the rebuild they look to focus on the defense first. We have them taking Dunkler here as with him being a Grey Duck currently in the DSFL, Honolulu brings in someone that one of their war room members currently GMs (Hudz). This move will help them replace Bayley and with one body retiring on the DL already this will be the perfect player to pair up with Leo Simon Schwartz. - baz

2. HON Honolulu Hahalua (f/ NOLA New Orleans Secondline) - Swantavius Stack | OL | @Swanty
NOLA had to ruin things when they went out and traded their 1st round pick to Honolulu. Luckily, this pick still makes sense. Like would’ve been the case for the Secondline, this pick comes down to user. As Honolulu looks to rebuild, needs will be aplenty so why not bring in one of the best recreates after selecting a new user 1oa? From a needs perspective, OL makes sense with 3/5 OL being S38, S35, and S34 respectively. - swoosh

3. NYS New York Silverbacks - María Teresa de la Rosa | WR | @Baron1898
NYS opts to go with a user who has previously played for the team and at one of their man two positions of need. Baron will bring a lot to whatever team they end up on and it feels almost right that they will go back to NYS as NYS currently only has 1 WR not in regression and that WR is nearing regression so they will be needing to establish that receiving core. It is entirely possible that NYS opts for a new create as well with there being a large amount of wide receivers in this class, if they go new create they most likely go their other big position of need CB with someone like Roquefort or WalterYensid. - baz

4. COL Colorado Yeti - Walter Yensid | CB | @WalterYensid
With no obvious recreate connections that we could find,  Colorado turns to one of the best new creates available in Walter Yensid. Cornerback isn’t the Yeti’s biggest need with S46 CB Terry Keller waiting in the wings and earning decently, but they’re only carrying two cornerbacks at the moment. S41 Synystyr Gates will be hit hard by regression once the time comes, being at under 1,000 TPE. Colorado could also get creative and move one of their cornerbacks to safety where S34 Cross Eriksen at 300 TPE is a starter. Lots of different options here to make a great user prospect Yensid work. - swoosh

5. CHI Chicago Butchers - Roquefort Cotswald | CB | @roquefort
Chicago decides to go with a position of need here as they currently have a Safety playing at CB2 and pick a great new create in this class in Roquefort Cotswald. Roquefort is currently 3rd in TPE among New Creates which is a great place to be and is highly regarded after being the 1OA in the DSFL draft! Chicago looks to grab a star here we feel and it feels only right that they go with Roquefort as one of the most hyped new creates for this draft. - baz

6. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - Long Snapper | TE | @Gadget
A few positions on defense such as linebacker or safety could be in play here, but Berlin also has a glaring need at tight end. Gadget may be falling under the radar a little bit due to having lower than TPE than others, but we all know that won’t make a big difference on draft day. Gadget is one of the best users in this draft and worthy of a top 5 pick, and being a fit at TE is the cherry on top. Can Long Snapper make TE great again? - swoosh

7. SJS San Jose SaberCats (f/ SAR Sarasota Sailfish) - Mooty Poop-Eater | CB | @Asked Madden
Well SJS decide to go with a CB and why not one of the best player names for this season while they are at it. Mooty Poop-Eater it honestly can't get much better than that. Anyways that is besides the point! Madden is a San Jose alum and a wonderful dude so this feels like an easy pick for SJS as Madden is in a position of need for the team as the team is in a pretty good spot they look to prep for the future in Brooks Piggots successor as he will soon be facing deep regression. - baz

8. CTC Cape Town Crash - Lane Wilson | WR | @dustywilson22
Yellowknife fans, don’t look. The Crash snag Lane Wilson here whose last player was a max earner for the Wraiths. Cape Town only has two wide receivers on the roster, S40 Kairo Knight and S41 Malik Brooks. Not only is WR an immediate need, but it’s a future need as well. Wilson would likely be called up immediately, sliding into the WR3 role and eventually work his way up from there. - swoosh

9. OCO Orange County Otters - Rush Hardman | LB | @ThunderTitan82
Next up is the Otters and they end up picking a previous GM for them in user ThunderTitan82. This pick feels pretty automatic for the Otters in order to keep their success going for seasons, from what I have heard they are open to possibly playing DE which is a position of need for the Otters as their DL is not the strongest right now! - baz

10. BAL Baltimore Hawks - Brad Woof | WR | @Brad Woof
Baltimore Hawks rejoice as you get user Brad Woof and player Brad Woof! Woof has been a great presence in discords and is earning very well and this addresses a major problem for BAL as they head into a small retool as they will need to address their aging receiving core. We felt this pick felt all too right for the Hawks as they look to supply Charple with some top quality pass catchers. - baz
Woof Woof. - swoosh

11. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - McDripsen McDropsen | OL | @Drip
With Lane Wilson not available here, Yellowknife turns to the offensive line and grabs McDripsen McDropsen. The Wraiths only offensive line are S36 J.T. Kurbis and S39 Johnson Lovehammer, so it’s a position that could use an upgrade. More importantly, McDropsen is a great user who any team would be lucky to add to their locker room. - swoosh

12. ARI Arizona Outlaws - Sewage Joe Fantringham | DT | @BRNXB0MBERS
Arizona is running to the podium with Sewage Joe Fantringham sitting here. BRNXB0MBERS’ last player was a max earning WR for the Outlaws and I’m sure both sides would be happy with a reunion. Defensive line is a position that Arizona will likely look to prioritize too, with their three starters being S39-S41. Garlic Jr. could come up and replace one of them eventually, but it’s still a position Arizona needs to add to. - swoosh

13. AUS Austin Copperheads - Soul King Brook | RB | @TwoSocks
With Howard Coward aging the Copperheads look to acquire a new running back and they look immediately to see previous Austin user TwoSocks on the board. Soul King Brook could be the perfect pairing with fullback Sean Aldrich for many seasons to come and feels like the answer to Austin's future RB problems and brings back a great user. - baz

14. SJS San Jose SaberCats - Ranch-Pizza Pizza-Man | DE | @TheNC206
The Ultimus Champs, in this scenario, round out the first round by selecting Pizza-Man. NC is a little bit cheesy, but otherwise great user that any team would be lucky to add. San Jose’s defensive line isn’t necessarily in a bad spot, but picking near the bottom of the draft the SaberCats elect to value the user more than anything. Pizza-Man would figure to be the eventual replacement for one of a couple of aging veterans in S40 Alex Armstrong and S41 Jumbo Edward. - swoosh

Round 2

1. HON Honolulu Hahalua - SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler | CB | @"Cloud"
The Hahalua pick again and they look to heal what appears to be a broken down secondary as they are currently relying on Oexius who was on the couch earlier this morning. Hahalua elect to pick user Cloud aka SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler. This pick feels right up there ally and I feel like Cloud would make a great add to the HON LR! - baz

2. NOLA New Orleans Secondline - Luke Laraque | DE | @Blix900
This pick was made before the NOLA trade, but one that still checks out after the fact. Laraque is a new create user who comes from that great football program out in Tijuana. A user who could easily slip into the first round and high up there, blix900 would provide New Orleans with the eventual replacement to newly-acquired Liv Elsathelookout. - swoosh

3. NYS New York Silverbacks - Elijah Dyson | QB | @Pat
S37 Blaine Falco is in regression so New York needs to add a quarterback of the future. While there are a few good quarterback prospects in this draft, the Silverbacks decide to make Elijah Dyson QB1 off the board. Pat is a great user who would be a top-five pick if he didn’t play QB. Silverbacks GM wizard has a Tijuana connection with Pat which is why Dyson goes ahead of the rest. - swoosh

4. COL Colorado Yeti - Tim Riggins | WR | @shahdude
As we approach the end of the Hogmally era, the Yeti look to expand their receiving core with just one WR over 1000 TPE who has yet to reach regression they look for an excellent user to pair with him and Shahdude feels right up their ally coming in as a great prospect. There are a lot of WRs on the board so could be a multitude of people but we decide to go with Riggins here. - baz

5. CHI Chicago Butchers - Russell Jimmies | QB | @soevil
Like two picks before with another QB, I think this is another selection that makes too much sense. Chicago is in a similar situation as New York, needing a QB of the future with only S38 Painted Penguin on the roster. Enter soevil’s Russell Jimmies, whose past player Austin Morley played in Chicago. Soevil goes back home and Chicago gets their signal caller to learn what not to do behind Penguin. - swoosh

6. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - Eric Beaty Jr. | S | @bechtudo
With two safeties about to hit deep regression, Berlin looks to add a safety to pair with PeePee PooPooEater Jr. (Can someone check if this name is right), ANYWAYS They look to add a very promising recreate as bechtudo was on the DL last time and absolutely killed it with over 1000 TPE earning wise and has a nice bank of around 36 mil, the Salamanders opt to take the safe route and go with Beaty here. - baz

7. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders (f/ SAR Sarasota Sailfish) - JJ What | WR | @JJ5
After grabbing a TE and S recreate earlier in the draft, Berlin turns to a new create to bring some fresh energy into the locker room. Wide receiver isn’t the biggest need, but this pick is more about user. After Nick Williams moved from TE to WR, the Fire Salamanders have a pair of star S41 receivers as well as S45 Pitter Patter waiting in the wings. This is a futures pick for when Charles and Williams start to regress. - swoosh

8. CTC Cape Town Crash - GoTo http://imnegs.net/ | DT | @negs
REAAAAAAACH. Cape Town adds the bald mid 20s guy with a great blog. With needs along the defensive line, Cape Town is forced to grab the man they called GM in negs. The rest of the league is hoping this pick turns out like neg's last player. - swoosh

9. BAL Baltimore Hawks (f/ OCO Orange County Otters) - K.C. Gordon | LB | @SwankyPants31
Reach... Anyways spoiler alert the Baltimore Hawks take SwankyPants here he is the GM so they kind of have to pick him unfortunately but all jokes aside Swanky is a wonderful individual we interacted a bit before he left and I am glad to see him back in the league and Baltimore is in good with hands with him. - baz

10. BAL Baltimore Hawks - Reginald Hammerfall | RB | @Fangorn
Hawks pick again and with BMP leaving to go to AZ they look to nail down their offense with new create running back Reginald Hammerfall who is currently leading all S47 RBs in TPE and looks to be a big addition to the Hawks as he will be able to peak as Skywalker regresses if all goes well. Reginald looks to come into his own soon enough with Baltimore! - baz

11. YKW Yellowknife Wraiths - Huge Yakman | LB | @Vulfzilla
After taking an offensive line in the first round, the Wraiths elect to upgrade the defense in the second round by selecting Vulfzilla, Yuckamn would come in and takeover for sub 300 TPE S40 LB Toad Wananapaoa pretty early on. It’s been three seasons since Yellowknife last took a LB, at least one that is currently on the roster, so this gives them good class separation at the position. This would be a Huge pick up. - swoosh

12. ARI Arizona Outlaws - Puddles O’Duck | QB | @Z-Whiz
Arizona picks their QB of the future as wINTers as they call him starts to approach his regression window being S39 they look to have Puddle's O'Duck step up when the time is needed and will he better than Winters. Well I mean I can't make a pun out of his name that includes interceptions or fumbles so I would say thats a pretty damn good start. But AZ elects to go with a recreate here who has a long history with AZ. - baz

13. BAL Baltimore Hawks (f/ AUS Austin Copperheads) - Tyler Higbee II | TE | @SensibleDictator
Well I have heard from a reliable source that Swanky loves TEs so what does he do? Grabs the first TE off the board in Higbee. And you may be wondering how such an active user fell this far, well this class is full of active users at the top and there are some real tough positions but with TE not being a position that is favored by the sim unfortunately they will drop in hand to that. Still a really good pick for the Hawks here. - baz

14. SAR Sarasota Sailfish (f/ SJS San Jose SaberCats) - Bugs | QB | @ImSatanJunior
Early indication is ImSatanJunior is looking to return to Sarasota after their last player played there. Pair that with the Sailfish needing a QB successor to S39 Willier Miller and this pick is a no brainer, should Bugs be available at this spot. - swoosh

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - shahdude - 02-09-2024

*opens journal*
Maria Teresa de La Rosa
Lane Wilson
Brad Woof

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - wizard_literal - 02-09-2024

YOOOO WHAT THE FUCK!? Seriously, what the fuck is going on here? The first round is too vague for me to understand what's going on. Or I am pissed drunk because my orb was stolen my brain capacity has somehow dropped to the negatives.

EDIT: After re-reading, I am 100% sure this mock is bogus and an baz L.

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - WalterYensid - 02-09-2024

I love u dino nuggets

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - roquefort - 02-09-2024

...4 mistakes ahead of me... it's butchering time.

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - Brad Woof - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 12:47 AM)shahdude Wrote: *opens journal*
Maria Teresa de La Rosa
Lane Wilson
Brad Woof

Why's this TE so mad?

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - WALDO - 02-09-2024

Fangorn drafted way too late, literally leads the DSFL in rushing touchdowns. SMH!

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - swoosh - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 10:57 AM)WALDO Wrote: Fangorn drafted way too late, literally leads the DSFL in rushing touchdowns. SMH!
*checks where he ended up*

yeah I'm good with that

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - SwankyPants31 - 02-09-2024

It's true, I do love TEs

RE: We Stole Wizards Orb - WALDO - 02-09-2024

(02-09-2024, 11:05 AM)swoosh Wrote:
(02-09-2024, 10:57 AM)WALDO Wrote: Fangorn drafted way too late, literally leads the DSFL in rushing touchdowns. SMH!
*checks where he ended up*

yeah I'm good with that

i'm not!!