International Simulation Football League
*negs grades trades Vol. 1 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *negs grades trades Vol. 1 (/showthread.php?tid=49656)

*negs grades trades Vol. 1 - negs - 02-09-2024

Hello! I'm going to be giving a few grades on some trades, and I might continue to make a series with any trades going forward in the league as I find it one of the most interesting parts of the ISFL. Along with the traeds that occured today I'm going to be looking at the one trade from the offseason as well. Please don't take any of the grades personally or as fact, cause I'm not very good at trading. It's a ton of fun though Smile 

Grading scale is from F - S, with S being an incredible grade.

I will be grading on 3 categories:

Value: Solely looking at the return in exchange for what is sent out.
Justification: My perceived justification of why the team completed the trade
How I think this will turn out: How I think the trade will work out for the team going forward

Not the Same Old NOLA?

NOLA receives:
DE - Liv Elsathelookout - S40 - 1464 TPE - Bayley
CB - Billy Jor-El - S41 - 1315 TPE - LtHudz - Final season is S47

HON receives:
S47 NOLA R1
S48 NOLA R1
DE James Batista - S40 - 322 TPE - Dalphix - IA
S Inspector Gadget - S37 - 503 TPE - Gadget - Final season is S46

NOLA Grade Breakdown

Value: C-
Strictly speaking in terms of value received versus value given up, I think New Orleans could have done better here. Bayley is an amazing user who should help NOLA both on the war room side of things and be a big part of the defense moving forward. While up for regression this season, Bayley is a max earner who I anticipate playing deep into regression. Hudz is also an amazing user and having a maxed corner is great. However, only having Billy Jor-El for a season and a half means that NOLA must be in the playoff hunt next season for this portion of the trade to look good.

Sending out two firsts, with the S47 probably being a top 3-4 pick is a tough pill to swallow. Bayley is well worth a first plus a bit more, but upgrading the second pick all the way up to a first for a season and a half of a max cornerback feels like an overpay.

Justification: A+
This is biased because Cape Town may or may not have made a similar trade of poor value a long time ago, but I love that NOLA is finally pushing some chips to the center and really going for it. They've been at the bottom of the league and rebuilding for what feels like a year, and I personally know how draining it can be to keep spirits high while losing every season. NOLA has an up and coming squad who is not yet at its peak, but acquiring capped out players gives them a lot of hope for the future and a much needed boost. Sometimes its worth it to lose a trade in value in order to make a playoff push and make the league more exciting for the team. Bayley and Hudz are also amazing users who I'm sure will be a big boost to NOLA's locker room. If nothing else, NOLA should be excited about competing in the next few seasons which is a great feeling from a rebuild.

How I think this will turn out: B-
I've got a lot of money on NOLA winning an Ultimus before HON and AZ, so for finances sake I'm really hoping for an Ultimus win. I don't think that the team is quite ready to compete next season, but the acquisition of Billy Jor-El for only one season puts a lot of pressure on the team to be in the playoff hunt for S47. The ASFC is dominant at the moment, and I hope that NOLA will be in the playoff hunt but I wouldn't be surprised if they missed again and were down two firsts to go into the future with a single regressing DE. After that, it is imperative that they are at least continually in contention for a playoff spot and hopefully an ultimus to justify giving away two first round picks. My grade of B- speaks to the belief that I think they will have fun and be in the playoff push, but I don't see an Ultimus contender next season.

HON Grade Breakdown

Value: A+
I genuinely cannot find anything wrong with this deal for HON. Bayley was going to net a first round pick plus some extra stuff either way, but sending out a CB who is a rental for a season and a half to upgrade that "extra stuff" to a first round pick is an incredible haul. Gadget's pretty cool too. 

Justification: A-
Completely understand this is another patented Icebear rebuild, and HON is getting absolutely railed by the sim. However, even though this season is probably a wash they had enough talent and a scrambler QB to most likely be right back in the mix next season. Its usually better to rebuild a season too soon than a season too late but I always prefer to see teams go for it than firesale.

How I think this will turn out: A
Based on the past two times HON has rebuilt, I see no reason why this won't end up as a building block for another dynasty. They will be in full tear down mode for a few seasons, and are experienced in building a team back up to compete among the best. I think that is what will end up happening again with this haul being as great as it is, affording them at least 4 first round picks over the next two seasons in great classes.

NOLA Overall Grade: C+
HON Overall Grade: A

Wanna See Them Do It Again?

OCO receives: 
LB Liath Squirrel - S41 - 1148 TPE - LiathSquirrel
S Alita Battle Angel - S40 - 1027 TPE - IA
1M S47 cap space

HON receives:
S48 OCO R1
S47 OCO R4*
*Becomes best of YKW/OCO S47 R3 if OCO makes Ultimus.

OCO Grade Breakdown

Value: A
Receiving a S41 linebacker over 1150 TPE who is still slowly earning, and a S40 safety who is over 1000 TPE for a single first is about as good as it gets. While the 4th rounder is in a reddit draft and could be upgraded to a 3rd, those late rounds are always tougher to project making the risk of giving it up worth it. Not to mention, the first is in S48 where there will still be good value, but not nearly the depth and top end talent of this current S47 class. Holding onto that first while picking up two players over 1K TPE is a sweep.

Justification: B+
I completely understand this move is to make an Ultimus push with easily one of if not the best roster in the league on paper. The only reason for this not being an A is OCO's current roster construction. They already have two capped out linebackers to play on the edge positions, and the TPE value of a ILB decreases significantly compared to the outside edge rushers in a 3-4. I think Squirrel will be a good boost to the defense, but its not the exact same thing as adding a 1150 TPE LB to sure up an outside linebacker spot. OCO's LB3 is also 823 TPE, so at first glance LB is not a huge need for OCO. The safety will be a huge help to playing slot corner as well as safety and a big upgrade over their current S40 safety who is 700 TPE. However, similar to Squirrel playing ILB, a non-premium position at safety.

OCO should be one of the top 3 teams in the ASFC as I believe this trade should push them into the top 3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win an Ultimus in the next few seasons, and having these pieces at a high TPE level for the next 2-3 seasons will only continue to help them. With OCO already in playoff contention, this move is made with an Ultimus appearance in mind, and I think that would be the bar for success with these two additions to one of the best rosters in the league on paper

HON Grade Breakdown

Value: B
This is solid value for two players that were no longer in Honolulu's plans for the future. Getting a first for a safety close to regression and a linebacker somewhat close as well is decent. Adding a potential shot at an active user with a reddit 4th makes a lot of sense too. I don't think they could have done much better than this, and it is respectable value for the two players sent out. This grade would have been closer to a B+/A- if the first was for S47 as this class is shaping up to be great.

Justification: A
Same type of reasoning as the deal above, but with a higher grade as HON officially lean into a hard rebuild after trading their first two top assets. There was no reason now to keep these players so moving them for picks made the most sense.

How I think this will turn out: A-
More pieces to add to the rebuild which I believe will ultimately be successful. Grade would be an A if the first was in the reddit class as building a strong base class would be great. Hard to argue with this one for HON.

OCO Overall Grade: A
HON Overall Grade: A-

YKW Capitalizes on OCO's Trade Day

OCO receives:
Best of S47 OCO/YKW R3

YKW receives:
S Tyler One - S40 - 700 TPE - IA
Best of S47 OCO/YKW R3

OCO Grade Breakdown

Value: D+
Purely based on value, this is not a great trade for OCO. Offloading a useful 700 TPE safety who only hits their first regression next season for a pick swap is tough. The way that YKW has been playing, I wouldn't be surprised if this swap either did not convey, or if it was the difference of only a few picks. 

Justification: A
OCO was not going to be playing the safety in their lineup, so recouping value for a player who would be sitting bench after acquiring a much better player at the same position makes a ton of sense. Any value returned for OCO has to feel like a positive for them.

How I think it will turn out: C-
This grade raises a ton if the gap between YKW and OCO is more than 5 picks, as then I believe it would be great value for OCO. However, I do believe that the difference in standing between YKW and OCO won't be much.

YKW Grade Breakdown

Value: A+
Home run for YKW. Giving up as close to nothing as you can get for a 700 TPE safety is great value. While they do hit regression soon, they will be plenty useful for 2+ more seasons after this. For a late round swap, this is a great value.

Justification: A+
Yellowknife need help in their secondary bad, as outside their top two cornerbacks everyone is below 600 TPE. One immediately steps in as the starting safety and potentially slot corner and the third best TPE secondary player on the team. Yellowknife needed help on the back end and was able to pick it up with this deal.

There isn't much downside to this deal. One will be their best safety for at least another season or two. However, if Yellowknife faceplants and they fall back in the draft a lot to OCOs pick, this will not be as successful as I think it currently is. However, they didn't lose any draft picks in the end of the day and this draft has good depth. They should be good either way.

OCO Overall Grade: C+
YKW Overall Grade: A

"Dudeman" to OCO?!?!?!?!?!

OCO receives:
OL Bengal Tigerheart - S40 - 1083 TPE - IA
S48 BAL R3

BAL receives:
DE Iosefa Fuamatu-Ma'afala - S40 - 611 TPE - IA
S47 OCO R2
S48 OCO R2

OCO Grade Breakdown

Value: D
Offensive lineman absolutely are valuable, but trading away two seconds for one just under 1100 TPE who is on the verge of regression doesn't feel like great value. Additionally, trading away what was their top TPE defensive lineman on top of the picks brings down the grade even more. Receiving back a 3rd in the S48 class does not move the needle much, as the classes after a reddit class seem to usually cap out at two full rounds.

Justification: C-
I understand the desire to make moves to improve a great roster with the Ultimus in sight, but two valuable assets for a close to regression offensive lineman doesn't move the needle enough to justify parting with the assets. Also as mentioned above, giving up one of your best defensive lineman in the deal was confusing.

How I think this will turn out: C
If OCO wins an Ultimus, I will eat complete crow on my opinion for the trade. Additionally, if the addition of Tigerheart allows OCO to utilize extra cap space to make moves in free agency or lock up more players long term, it won't look as bad to me.

BAL Grade Breakdown

Value: S
This is about as good of value as you can get for a player on the cusp of regression. I am absolutely pro human-OL, but receiving two premium picks for an inactive OL close to regression is great. Not to mention, a defensive lineman who will be useful for another two seasons. Giving up the 48 3rd doesn't hurt too much as who knows what value that returns.

Justification: S
The DE receved in the deal immediately becomes a starter for Baltimore, and with 5 human OL already on the roster, Tigerheart was more of a luxury than a necessity. It made sense to upgrade for a position on defense and receive draft compensation to help restock a team that is aging. Smart move here from Baltimore

How I think this will turn out: S
I don't really see a downside to this move. Baltimore has human OL, with only one in regression or on the cusp, so moving Tigerheart shouldn't hurt much. Both second round picks should convey into active users and it never hurts to have more defensive lineman in the ISFL.

OCO Overall Grade: D+
BAL Overall Grade: S

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 1 - swoosh - 02-09-2024

check should clear any day now, thanks again

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 1 - jreed12 - 02-09-2024

go to imnegs.net

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 1 - Beck - 02-09-2024

imnegs.net

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 1 - WALDO - 02-09-2024

imnegs.net