International Simulation Football League
(S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection (/showthread.php?tid=49686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

(S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Baron1898 - 02-12-2024

(S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S46 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, February 18th, 2024 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: This week, many around the world celebrate Valentine's Day as an expression of love. What would you say you love about the league? Are there certain users that always bring a smile to your face, a locker room tradition you hold dear... or perhaps you even love the sim itself? (Why?) Don't be afraid to be honest and spread a little kindness around.

Graphic option: Create a graphic for one user in the league – either for their player or for something more personal like an inside joke – whose company you cherish.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - NUCK - 02-12-2024

My most favorite thing about this league and what I love most is the Yukon Wraith and the branding they have. I was blessed with the ability to be one of the very first members of the ISFL and its original creation. Shortly after its creation I was awarded a franchise and I had HFFO become my right hand man. I originally named the team the Yukon White Walkers but after a few days of having that name out in the general public I changed it to the Wraith. I had Enigmatic work on our graphics and they presented me with a wicked logo that I instantly feel in love with. I used that logo for other games as well as the Yukon Wraith of the ISFL. When playing OOTP of FHM and I created custom teams I would make the Wraith and use that logo. In fact the entire reason I recreated a player here recently is because I had logged back in to check and see if the branding had been changed Big Grin

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Murtsi - 02-12-2024

Valentine’s Day or as we know it here in Finland is friendship day is a great way to talk about the league. I joined way back in August of 2019, meaning I have been here for close to 4 and a half years. Over that time span my main thing about the league that I love are the friends I have been able to make. I still have access to the Yellowknife locker room (and thank you for that) and that is a great place to hang around. In addition I really enjoy opening up discord and hanging out with all the players in the Arizona Outlaws locker room. There are lots of different people there that all bring a smile to my face

The most important friends I have made in this league are my old rookie mentor group that I still stay close to and am proud to call them friends, so shouting you all out, because they are probably the main reason I still stay active even though it is not really in league spaces that we interact nowadays

@TomHanks @woelkers @IsaStarcrossed @TeyonSchavari @ScorpXCracker @Jay_Doctor @Hallmonitor_20 @FleshBagSoup

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Fangorn - 02-12-2024

The league has excellent branding and graphics for each team which lends itself to individual team cultures. I enjoy all the names and back stories for the teams along with some of the media pieces on their history and development since the ISFL started (the wiki is basically my favourite part of it for some reason!). I also love the sigs that are put together following the drafts and how creative people are with the graphics on the forums (as this is something I have no talent for!).

I like that everyone can be involved at whatever level they want and nobody takes it too seriously but there is quite a fun element of competition too. I feel (though I am new to the league) that there is a sense that it is always evolving with new players coming, old players going – there is always something going on. And what has made me engaged with the league from the beginning, is how pleasant and nice the GMs etc are and their willingness to take time to help you with questions they must have fielded a million times previously.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - araa - 02-12-2024

It wasn’t long since I joined and since it’s my first time doing any simulation league, I wasn’t sure what to expect. My overall impression so far is pretty good. I do love when numbers go up, so although I’m not the most verbose or creative I put in effort to grind some manner of text or graphics out, while not something I love it’s probably a good thing for me personally. Discord is very fun, with nice people, good natured ribbing and horsing around (as long as one avoids mentioning Family Guy), kind of feels like a school recess. Trying to predict what will happen such as weekly predictions, fantasy football or mock drafts are also things I find enjoyable. As for the game itself and simming, unfortunately time zones don’t really allow me to take part in game day watching with my teammates but maybe I’ll stay up some day to see how it is.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - roquefort - 02-12-2024

There are many users who I would say are constantly brightening up the community/discord every time they're active. I'd love to start off by shouting out my fellow rookies, WalterYensid, Brad Woof, Dunkler, Shahdude, etc. These guys have all been seriously engaged since we all joined about a month ago, and their activity has worked well to keep me excited with the league. Walter I personally owe a big shoutout for dragging me on to his podcast and getting me some cash money. Another user who I want to give kudos to is Lemonoppy. This should come as a surprise to nobody, Lemonoppy has produced tool after tool that help both new and veteran users alike. Most recently they made a character builder/updater that has instantly overtaken the default one, and I find myself spending many a time-theft minutes at work toying around with it. Lastly, I want to shoutout my GMs, Tmoney and Sconnie, for building what has been a super fun and active locker room. It's always a good night to come home from work to see our chat active. There's a great mix of new players and alumni, and there always seems to be something worth talking about. Overall, the league is a ton of fun and there's a lot of personalities responsible for that.

heck ho though

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Figgy - 02-12-2024

Another season of love has rolled around, and you want me to discuss what I love about the ISFL/DSFL? The easiest answer for this would be what don't I love? This whole league has been nothing but absolutely welcoming for me. This all started from the minute I signed up and the team reached out to accept my build. Sure there were some issues that I had to rectify, but it was all handled in a speedy and efficient manner. Then we get into the real treat of the site, the other users. I was welcomed right away into the prospects pool and had some great chats with the team representatives looking to put a claim in for me. WALDO from Dallas and Chicken Lips and LTHudz from the Minnesota Grey Ducks reached out almost immediately and chatted about my visions for my build. They all seemed amazingly friendly and excited at the possibility of adding me to their respective teams which definitely makes for a great and welcoming experience.

Code:
170 Words

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - WALDO - 02-12-2024

Bread Bowl hates Valentine's Day. He feels that the holiday is made up, fake, and a giant ploy for capitalism to ruin more of our lives, forcing us to buy cards and candy just to make our partners happy. When Bread Bowl came into the Orange County Otters locker room recently, and saw Valentine's Day decorations placed all of the locker room, he gave a huge sigh and an eye roll. His teammates, however, love Valentine's Day. Lloyd Bannings, for example, bought every single one of his teammates a big giant bags of candy, with special notes attached to them for each teammate on the team. Walrus Jones also is a big supporter of Valentine's Day. He forced the entire Orange County Otters team to make those little Valentine's Boxes that you make in elementary school, just so that he can hand out candy and candy-grams to every single teammate on the Otters. Needless to say, Bread Bowl is not a huge fan of the holiday.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Brad Woof - 02-12-2024

The best thing about the league and the thing I love the most is the community, hands down. From the very first moment of creating a player and joining the various (oh my god so many) league discords, I've felt welcomed and appreciated and like a part of a group of friends. It's been just barely over a month but I find myself enjoying my time here just like I would enjoy time with my friends.

More specifically I think I chose a great time to join because my fellow S47 first-timers have been an amazing group to be a part of. I've heard a fair number of league veterans say that our draft class is something special and I definitely feel that. The enthusiasm is amazing, the comradery is wonderful, and the chirping is unceasingly vicious. But like, in a really good way?

This is an awesome group of people and I am happy to have joined.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Piercewise1 - 02-12-2024

While I haven’t connected as well to the sim or many individuals the way I might have hoped when I joined, the one thing I love most about the sim is being on the team Discord server during a game day. When multiple team members are on at the same time it creates a fun atmosphere as we cheer each other on, bemoan bad outcomes, scratch our heads when the sim does something weird, and just generally share in each other’s emotions. It’s the same as with any other game or sport – being together in the moment makes it feel more real somehow. This is especially important for a sports sim when all the results are digital. Now of course I don’t share physical space with any of my fellow Sailfish, but the team Discord is the closest I can get.

In general, the team space has been a really positive experience and a place where we can celebrate our common interests and goals.