International Simulation Football League
(S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection (/showthread.php?tid=49686)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - High Stick King - 02-18-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Number 82 - 02-18-2024

The best things about the league and what makes it good is the people. Whether someone is a rookie mentor or not, there's plenty of people willing to lend a hand and help people along. There's people in the league who choose to spend their time to keep things running and having to deal with issues that crop up from time to time without much recognition in head office or league jobs. There's also people who build and or maintain useful resources which include and are not limited to the TPE Tracker, Position Tracker and the Rookie Guides.

I suppose something else that I like about the league is the media and graphics that are created. There's people creating power rankings, mock drafts and adding lore to around what is essentially dots moving on the screen. One of my interests is graphics and this league provides an avenue to create things but to also see what others have come up with which is something that I enjoy about the league.

Code:
170 words

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Seymour - 02-18-2024

SHL PT

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - jaypc8237 - 02-18-2024

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=135289&pid=3475443#pid3475443

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - sburbine - 02-18-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - BenDover - 02-18-2024

When thinking about the ISFL, I would say I love many things about the league. Starting off with my team the Orange County Otters, who finally seem to have gotten out of their long time drought which has been going since I have been on the team, not a coincidence at all I’m sure. Most of the team has stayed and roughed it through the hard times, and I’m very appreciative of that. I would also say that I love the people of the community, especially the football chat people in the main server for putting up with my amazing sports takes involving the Dolphins and other assorted sports teams. Finally, I’d like to say that I love the league as a whole for giving me something to do for 5 whole years, through COVID and everything. Hopefully I will continue to love the league for as long as I continue to participate, here’s to another 5 years.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - Raven - 02-18-2024

Code:
Written option: This week, many around the world celebrate Valentine's Day as an expression of love. What would you say you love about the league? Are there certain users that always bring a smile to your face, a locker room tradition you hold dear... or perhaps you even love the sim itself? (Why?) Don't be afraid to be honest and spread a little kindness around.

For me to have been here for nearly seven in real life years the league is really doing something that I love. I love the interactions with users from all over the world who have a common shared love for silly dotts playing football and the storylines we create around these dotts.

I love having a little fake guy doing things in the sim which I can look at and go, wow my little guy did that. He make an important catch, scoring the winning touch down and now we go to the playoffs.

I love being in a locker room with amazing people and share the heartbreak and excitement of what happens in the games and league in general.

I love being able to not only do financial administrative work during the day, but also when I get back home and take on my job as bank head.

I love the ISFL and everything it stands for and I hope to continue loving and enjoying it more many more years.

[171 words]

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - zeagle1 - 02-18-2024

I love many parts of the International Simulation Football League, a sim league that I have been a member of for three and a half years, but my favorite part of the league is the sense of community that the Arizona Locker Room has. Certain league users bemoan users who will only play for one team, and I myself was one of those initially. After a few seasons in the Arizona Locker room, I could not imagine being on any other team, nor any team being as full of incredible users as Arizona is. Starting from early on, guys like Z-whiz, Crunk, Zamir, Saba, and Cue made the locker room feel warm and inviting to a new user. Even though that was many years ago (and zamir got permabanned lol), many of those guys are still around and we have added even more new amazing users like simo, kotasa, croney, bamford, lemonoppy, and ulaire.

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - FTR - 02-18-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S46) PT #3 - Season for Affection - thewhovian - 02-18-2024

It’s so cliche, but I really love the people in the league itself. Without the people managing the league, the players themselves bringing their personalities to it, and many others in jobs and roles keeping the league experience, the experience it is, we would just be sitting around watching dots run around on a screen. And now, as much as I do enjoy dot football, the streams themselves aren’t what keep me coming back week after week.

The people at Bondi are honestly the best. From my rookie season, to now as a GM, we have continued to keep, and bring in new people who are so different from one another, but share a common thread of genuine care for each other, a love to laugh, and respect for each other. I have to shout out @fireyheart he is such a wordsmith when it comes to gameballs, a tradition I love in the locker room, and I always look forward to his random questions that get conversations started. @Rydychyn and @WalterYensid both as a veteran and a rookie, have fully embraced the Bondi experience, and bring just good vibes and energy to everything.