International Simulation Football League
*negs grades trades Vol. 2 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *negs grades trades Vol. 2 (/showthread.php?tid=49718)

*negs grades trades Vol. 2 - negs - 02-15-2024

Hello again! HON is giving me some great material so lets get into it. @IceBear32 is finally doing some good for the league.

Grading scale is from F - S, with S being an incredible grade.

I will be grading on 3 categories:

Value: Solely looking at the return in exchange for what is sent out.
Justification: My perceived justification of why the team completed the trade
How I think this will turn out: How I think the trade will work out for the team going forward

ICEBEAR IS A JERK

HON receives:
QB - Adrian St. Christmas - S37 - 739 TPE - nunccoepi

BER receives:
QB - Nova Montagne - S37 - 994 TPE - OrbitingDeath

HON Grade Breakdown

Value: F
Trading an identical player away for one that is 250 TPE less. Icebear fleeced!

Justification: A
This makes a lot of sense for HON, as they are able to call up QB Leonard McRobinson early and get him some ISFL experience. Helps the tank too as a low TPE scrambler can have some tough times, but it is also a lot of fun to watch.

How I think this will turn out: F
This is where the controversy begins. Not only did Icebear take away Adrian St. Christmas from a starting spot in Berlin, he then proceeded to bench him after he traded for him. Inside information tells me that Icebear promised St. Christmas a starting spot and guaranteed that they would finish with a better record than NOLA. As evidence in Monday's game thread, nunccoepi is a supremely active user and former DSFL commissioner. To simply trade for a respected user, only to bench them when they had a starting spot before is some high level cruelty.

BER Grade Breakdown

Value: S
Inverse of HON grade. Getting a 250 TPE upgrade at quarterback and only sending out your former starter is great value no matter how you frame it.

Justification: A
Seemed like a no brainer here for Berlin. They get to compete in a weaker NSFC and they did not have to give up any assets.

How I think this will turn out: B
There's no downside to this deal, but the B is for Berlin's playoff chances as I don't see them quite getting in. However, Montagne will help them make a strong run.

HON Overall Grade: C
BER Overall Grade: A+

ICEBEAR CONTINUES TO SABOTAGE CAPE TOWN'S OUT OF CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

HON receives:
WR - Otto The Orange - S41 - 545 TPE - Greenbaynathan - IA
S47 SJS R3

SJS receives:
WR - Florida Man - S40 - 1142 TPE - nickyvmlp

HON Grade Breakdown

Value: A-
Netting a 3rd rounder in a for a good WR at first glance is not great value, but with a closer look HON did great here. The 3rd round pick will be an active user as this reddit class is looking great. Adding a wide receiver on top of the deal makes the downgrade value worth a 3rd round pick.

Justification: A+
Continuing the tear down, grabbing a good pick for a wide receiver on the cusp of regression makes a lot of sense for HON. Additionally, adding a 545 TPE wide receiver who is 2 seasons away from regression will allow for McRobinson to still have some weapons even if HON is tanking.

How I think this will turn out: A+
I think HON will hit on the 3rd round pick, and keeping a solid wide receiver on the roster is important for McRobinson.

SJS Grade Breakdown

Value: A-
Grabbing one of the top 10 wide receivers in the league based on TPE for a 3rd and a decent wide receiver is good value for a team in SJS position. Florida Man being right on the cusp of regression brings the value from an A+ to an A-, but a good vlaue trade from SJS none the less.

Justification: S
Even though the ASFC is a brutal conference right now, SJS is in 4 way tie for 1st. Upgrading at a crucial position like wide receiver to take their offense to the next level was a must in order to stay in contention for the playoffs. Grabbing the 7th best WR in the league based on TPE for a 3rd is a smart move. While SJS will miss having another active prospect on the roster, I love the fact that they are going for it this season. Florida Man should be a great WR for at least 2 more seasons.

How I think this will turn out: B+
I won't lie I have a hard time seeing SJS being one of the 3 playoff teams in the ASFC. OCO has the best roster in the league after their moves, AZ is AZ, and AUS is the defending champion. With that, it will sting to make this deal and not make the playoffs, but SJS is a young team and I think having Florida Man for another few seasons will pay off more than it will this season. I could easily see them being one of the top contenders next season.

HON Overall Grade: A
SJS Overall Grade: A

BAL TO THE WAL

CHI receives:
S47 BAL R4

BAL receives:
RB - Jarvis Harbinger-Marjin - S36 - 748 TPE - dreamsloth

CHI Grade Breakdown

Value: B-
Grabbing a 4th round pick for a regressing running back is solid value. With Baltimore looking like the top team in the NSFC, the pick could end up being an inactive player so hopefully Chicago is able to capitalize.

Justification: B
Trading a regressing player for a pick makes a lot of sense for Chicago in this situation. Trading their top back will also push them farther down the standings and their draft pick will rise. In a reddit class, maximizing on draft value is of most importance for teams out of the playoff race.

How I think this will turn out: B-
As mentioned above, the late 4th could end up being an inactive player which would hurt for Chicago. If they are able to secure an active with this pick, it would bump the grade up a lot.

BAL Grade Breakdown

Value: A
Sending out a potential active prospect for a guaranteed running back screams solid trade pick up.

Justification: A+
Baltimore is one of the older teams in the league, and with the best odds to take the 1st seed in the NSFC, it makes sense to give up some future value to go for it this season. JHM will form a committee with Skywalker to turn Baltimore's run game into a much more efficient part of the offense. Sending out the future value hurts but for such a low price it makes a lot of sense to go for it here.

How I think this will turn out: A
I think Baltimore has the best path to the 1 seed and it would be a surprise if they didn't end up as the best NSFC team. The only way this could go poorly is if they drop out of the playoffs completely. However, with how the NSFC is looking currently almost everything would need to go wrong for that to happen.

CHI Overall Grade: B-
BAL Overall Grade: A

*Nunc hasn't updated for almost a month and is considered inactive. I just like to make fun of Icebear. Nothing about that trade is legitimately wrong besides the value still sucking booty.

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 2 - Chicken Lips - 02-15-2024

I grade this article a A+ for content, delivery and effort.
I grade negs as a D- for being himself

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 2 - lordcoolcats - 02-16-2024

Glad to see other people hating Icebear as much as I do.

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 2 - DREAMSLOTH - 02-16-2024

Tanksgiving is my new favorite month of the year.

RE: negs grades trades Vol. 2 - DREAMSLOTH - 02-16-2024

Negs does eat mayonnaise with a spoon though Sad