International Simulation Football League
*Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=49725)

*Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - WALDO - 02-15-2024

ISFL The OFFICIAL Waldo Mock Draft 1.0! ISFL

Welcome! My name is Waldo and for the first time in my five year history of being in the ISFL, I am creating my very own mock draft, For this draft, I used the budget sheet to track what players teams have under contract in the DSFL, and used the TPE Tracker in order to pick which player I felt would be the best for each team based on many factors. These factors include: positional value, what the user brings to the team, and past draft history. I don’t think many of these would actually happen, but this is how I would draft if I was the GMs of these teams. With that being said, I will update this at the end of the season, so enjoy Waldo’s Mock Draft 1.0!

1.01: NOLA : Walter Yensid @WalterYensid
NOLA takes one of the best new users in this draft class with their number one overall pick. Walter Yensid makes sense beyond just his status as a top player in the DSFL this season, but his presence in every single corner of the league. Both of their CBs are S41 and will be hitting regression soon, this opens up a great path for Walter and makes a shutdown NOLA secondary for years to come. They could, however, go for Dunkler Sowerwine here, as DE is a huge need for them as well, although I think they stick with Walter here, as it helps their defense the most, especially with the dangerous offenses they have to face in their conference on a weekly basis.

1.02: HON : Maria Teresa de la Rosa @Baron1898
For Honolulu at this point, they have so many needs that there is no need to write a long piece about why this is the best choice for them. Instead, I will just rave about how much I love Baron. Baron is so awesome and will bring an incredible locker room presence to the team. As well as being a tremendous person and player that will make teams fear playing the Honolulu offense for even more years to come.

1.03: NYS : Rush Hardman @ThunderTitan82
Rush is easily the best pick here, as NYS need LB help on their roster. Both of their starting LBs are currently in regression, and this pickup right here will provide near immediate relief to the most struggling LB core in the country. As far as users go, ThunderTitan is an incredibly great user and wonderful person in the community. They will fit right in with the great users in New York and will create an even better atmosphere that will succeed in making offenses fear for their safety.

1.04: COL : Dunkler Sowerwine @oknom
Many people thought Dunkler would go top three, and some others think he’ll fall out of the top five, but I have him falling to Colorado here at 1.04. This is the easiest pick Colorado will ever have to make I think. They only have one DE in the entire franchise (including DSFL), and both of their DTs are entering regression. Dunkler offers them a great pick to pair with TubbyTim as an amazing DE pair that will round out their defense in the future.

1.05: CHI : Brad Wolf @Brad Woof
Some may say this is a reach, but I think this draft is one for offensive help at the front, and I think Chicago realizes this. Their WR core is becoming very old and will be difficult to replace in the future, so they take this shot right now and they get a very good user out of it. Brad Wolf has been very active in nearly every area of the league, and he will become one of the greatest WRs in Chicago history when he retires, he has that potential.

1.06: SJS : SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler @"Cloud"
The first Birddog pick of the draft! San Jose has some terribly old CBs and they need some quick relief from that hell. They also are stuck with only two CBs in the ISFL and their one DSFL CB is not earning enough to be a cornerstone like Cloud. He is a fantastic user and will absolutely be up in the ISFL as soon as he is drafted. When this happens, I have him as my early pick for DROTY, that is just how dominant I believe he will be in his first season. Go make me proud, buddy!

1.07: CTC : Swantavious Stack @Swanty
This is a very difficult pick here for me. They need both OL and DE, and they need both positions badly. I think in this situation, the lack of well available DEs for them makes them go with OL here, and what a pick that will be. Swanty is one of the greatest users in the history of the league and was one of my favorite commissioners ever. He will fit right in with CTC and will become another one of those dang legends in the ISFL at the OL position.

1.08: BER : Eric Beaty Jr. @bechtudo
At the halfway point in the draft, Berlin manages to snag one of the best users in this draft class at 8th overall. Now, they desperately need a safety here. Both of theirs are weak in TPE and old, and will soon need to be replaced by young blood. Drafting Eric here signifies that new dawn for Berlin, and gives Eric a soft landing place in which he can succeed very quickly in the ISFL. Also, they're getting an incredibly great user in Bechtudo, who is one of my favorite users in the league and puts in such great work for the league in general.

1.09: OCO : Reginald Hammerfell @Fangorn
Another Birddog is selected! Fangorn is one of my favorite users in this draft and a very great person to work with (despite being british). OCO does not have many needs here, but RB depth is something that they can for sure work on, and Reginald with give that to them. He is very active in the so called “underground” side of the league, otherwise known as the wiki, maintaining and creating many Birddogs pages. I look for him to dominate defenses in OCO, as well as dominate the wiki pages there as well.

1.10: YKW : Lane Wilson @dustywilson22
Yellowknife needs to go after an offensive weapon here, and they just happen upon a user who very badly wants to go there. Dusty will likely force his way to YKW after being there in his previous career, and they will be happy to manage to grab him here. Lane Wilson will be a great pairing with their offensive core and will be a very scary system for defenses to go up against in the future.

1.11: BAL : Tyler Higbee II @SensibleDictator
Surprisingly, we have a Tight End going in the first round! While they are becoming a lost relic of the past, Tyler Higbee II is a great user and a wonderful player, something Baltimore cannot pass up. Baltimore is currently dealing with an epidemic of not having a Tight End-itis, and this is the perfect thing to cure their ailment! This will make their offense very well rounded and scary, until Tyler Higbee II does the proper thing in four seasons and position switches, which I won’t be surprised when it happens.

1.12: ARI : Bean Beanman III @Seymour
Some people here may see this pick as a reach, as generally Beanman has gone in the second round of many mocks, but I feel the opposite. Arizona desperately needs a LB here, as their core has become very old and will soon be obsolete in terms of TPE, and this is the best one available for the Outlaws. This will set up the Outlaws to form a new defensive powerhouse in the next generation as they seek to rebuild for the future. They are also getting a veteran user that will help their future new users fit just right in.

1.13: AUS : Roquefort Cotswald @roquefort
Now I too am shocked he has fallen this far, but truly no team needs a CB that bad at this point in the season other than the two that have already been picked. However, Austin will be absolutely thrilled that Roquefort fell to them here, who is one of the top new users in this draft class. Austin needs practically every single position as they are very very old, but this move will revitalize them and lead their defense into the new age, where they will scare defenses into never throwing on them, ever.

1.14: SJS : Grzegorz Winnicki @araa
The last pick of the first round falls into what some may call another reach, this time by San Jose. After already picking a CB earlier in the round, they stay on the defensive side of the ball and select Winnicki. This pick will pair with Cloud, creating an absolutely formidable defense for the future in San Jose. San Jose’s LB core is very old, and they need to gain a replacement very quickly in order to keep any momentum going in their future. Winnicki is perfect for that. Look out for San Jose’s defense in two years, it could be very very dangerous if they go this route.

Thanks for reading the offcial Waldo Mock Draft 1.0! As always, I am open to any criticism or any recommendations of what I should change in my next mock draft, some of y'all know more than I do! Good luck to every rookie in the rest of your DSFL season and in the draft, hope you like your imaginary landing spot in this article!

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - roquefort - 02-16-2024

gonna put the mouse on the snake team? they're gonna eat me alive!!

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - UptownCord - 02-16-2024

Bro does not believe in our chances to win the Ultimus

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - shahdude - 02-16-2024

I feel oppressed by these mocks

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - soevil - 02-16-2024

As long as Brad Woof doesn’t become the best WR in Chicago history, I’ll allow it.

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - WalterYensid - 02-16-2024

[Image: M9Nb0Yj.png]

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - WALDO - 02-16-2024

(02-16-2024, 12:47 AM)UptownCord Wrote: Bro does not believe in our chances to win the Ultimus

im just going off a list i read before the wednesday sim!!!! i promise i think we can win!!!!

RE: Waldo's Mock Draft 1.0 - AW13 - 02-16-2024

Nola had traded their first rounder this season. Also they have a S45 CB Tongue