International Simulation Football League
(S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out (/showthread.php?tid=49850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

(S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Baron1898 - 02-26-2024

(S46) PT #5 - Selling Out

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S46 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, March 3rd, 2024 at 11:59 EST. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Imagine some company has approached your player with a sponsorship offer. What sort of deal would your player make? What would they shill for, and what sorts of advertising would they engage in to promote their chosen brand? What do you plan to do with all of that new money?

Graphic option: Create a graphic showing some sort of advertisement for your player's chosen sponsorship.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - agorka - 02-26-2024

Quote:Written option: Imagine some company has approached your player with a sponsorship offer. What sort of deal would your player make? What would they shill for, and what sorts of advertising would they engage in to promote their chosen brand? What do you plan to do with all of that new money?

Given that I'm a whore for money, as noted in my name, this comes naturally to Mo. In fact, I touched on this back in the Off-Season tasks. Mo has an adult dance club called Mo Honey, he would continue to shill for that with appearances noted and promoted. But this is already established so new avenues of revenue must be created.

That's where Mo Flow comes in. That's right, Mo is cashing in on the most lucrative market of all time, sports drinks, just ask 50 cent. Laden with a copious amount of weird chemicals and supplements nobody can pronounce, and an industry leading amount of caffeine and sugar, tested in a lab, and proven to stop an equine heart, this stuff will be in stores and gas stations everywhere.

But it gets better, Mo Flow comes in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic form. Thats right.... up ending the industry the way 4-Loko did, Mo Flow now comes w/ your favorite malt liquor mixed in and in a 40 oz variant only because this ain't for quitters.

Advertising? The product sells itself, but with celebrity endorsement and an exclusive music video featuring Tyga, Lil Baby, and Drake, Mo Flow will be the top hit of '24.

And the money? Well, Mo plans on spending it on new kicks and new whips.... he's got a Ferrari SF90 calling his name, wrapped in "Mo Flow" branding! This is guaranteed to be as big a winner off the field as Mo is on it!

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - yonggarius - 02-26-2024

Robot Sunfish has two major distinctive qualities. One is that he is a robot, and the other is that he resembles the form of a sunfish. And with sunfish being a very 'wide and flat' kind of fish, he has great potential as a billboard, making him a prime candidate for companies to give sponsorship advertisements. Of course, with him being a robot being run with battery power, battery companies will be lining up to offer Sunfish sponsorships. Under those sponsorship deals, Sunfish will agree to exclusively use a specific company's battery to power himself, especially during games. In turn, the company will be providing their top- of- the- line batteries to Sunfish free of charge, and provide maintenance support along with provision of spare parts and new batteries periodically. Sunfish will also wear advertisement patches saying "XX batteries, the heart of Robot Sunfish" on both sides of his robotic body during games. The company will also film a TV advert with Sunfish as model, and will pay him modeling fees on top of free batteries.

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - captainsb - 02-26-2024

Joey Battle is excited to start being the sponsor and major spokesperson for Monster energy drink. I aligns with the adrenaline rush that you get when you see Joey entering the game or finishing off his opponent. It has the over the top names and like Joey's special tackles has various tastes. As part of the agreement, Joey has agreed to go on WWE, UFC, ISFL and NFL games to promote the drinks and shoot promos. He thinks it only makes sense to go old Attitude Error WWE type promos for the drinks and is looking to make multiple limited edition Battle flavors - Yorktown, Gettysburg, Waterloo, and Hastings.

The cool thing is Joey and Monster Energy Drinks have agreed to donate 10% of the sales proceeds to help the underprivileged youth sports programs. 10% to symbolize Joey Battle's number 10, and as he grew up in the Oklahoma area will be working with neighborhoods in the Bible belt. This is a great event for Joey Battle fans and sports fans alike.

Code:
Words: 171

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Ephenssta - 02-26-2024

It's no secret that I would readily shill for pens, but today I think I'll narrow that down a little bit. I absolutely love fountain pens and have an ever growing collection. I absolutely adore fountain pens, but most of the prominent brands these days are manufactured in Europe or Asia. Pilot, Pelikan, Montblanc, Sailor, Platinum, Lamy, Kaweco, etc.... All of those are produced overseas. Many of the once great American brands like Parker are mere shadows of their former selves. Yeah, they still produce pens and some of the ones they make are good, but the reputation is generally that their vintage offerings are far better than their modern ones. If i were to take sponsorship opportunities, I'd love for it to be with a company like Esterbrook that is still carrying on the proud tradition of being an incredible fountain pen manufacturer located here stateside. Maybe they can even make a custom body that is mostly yellow with hints of red and blue to represent my beloved COL

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Figgy - 02-26-2024

Lyle is a big fan of down home cooking so he would definitely be interested in being a spokesperson for the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant in the Mall of America here in Minnesota. Lyle loves his  Louisiana cooking so he would have no issues in going on TV and enjoying a big steaming bowl of gumbo. Lyle would also love to do in store promotions and autograph sessions with the amazing Grey Ducks fans inside of the restaurant. Not only would this bring in even more customers for the restaurant, but Lyle would get to partake in some good old fashioned home cooking. 
In return with the money that he would earn he would look into opening another Bubba Gump franchise location in Minnesota or wherever he gets drafted in this upcoming ISFL draft. Lyle is a big supporter of his heritage and would love the ability to share the flavors of the bayou with the rest of the world, wherever he may end up. 

Code:
165 Words

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - WALDO - 02-26-2024

Okay well, this is one of the easiest PTs for Bread Bowl, because his name is literally Bread Bowl. Assuming the company knows Bread Bowl's past in which he has his own farm and grows his own wheat during the off-season but if they don't then Bread Bowl will inform them and let them know exactly who they are dealing with -- like a wheat Walter White. So I would assume they would reach out to Bread Bowl and have a role for him in which his wheat becomes the main producer for a limited style Bread Bowl that would be sold in certain stores in the Orange County area, in which fans would be lining up to buy these new Bread Bowls, and this partnership would grow and grow, until the sale was nationwide. Bread Bowl would become one of the largest wheat producers in the United States, and would have a job lined up for when he retires.

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Fangorn - 02-26-2024

Well, let me tell you something. If a company came knocking on the door of Reginald Hammerfall for a sponsorship deal, they'd better be ready to step into the ring with the big boys. First off, I ain't shilling for just any old product – it's gotta be something that packs a punch, something that screams power and intensity, just like me. Whether I'm wrestlin' or gettin' close mano e mano I appreciate the masculine musk of Old Spice.. and given those tackles and line backers are bustin' a sweat haulin' after the Hammer, havin' them smell good for those times when I'm punchin' it up the gut it's only gonna improve my workin' environment, y'know? So I guess I'd shill for them.

Now, when it comes to advertising, we're talking about pulling out all the stops. You want to see Reggie promoting your brand? You better believe it's gonna be an epic spectacle. We're talking commercials featuring me tackling mountains, bench-pressing cars, and maybe even wrestling a grizzly bear or two. It's all about capturing that larger-than-life persona and bringing it to the masses.

As for what I'd do with all that new money? Well, first off, we're talking about upgrading the Hammerfall homestead – maybe add a few extra rooms for all my championship belts. Then, it's time to give back to the community that's supported me all these years. I'm talking about setting up some Hammerfall Youth Wrestling Centres, giving kids a place to train, learn, and unleash their inner champions.

And hey, maybe I'll treat myself to a little R&R – a private island getaway, perhaps, where I can kick back, relax, and bask in the glory of being the baddest man on the planet. But make no mistake about it – no matter how much money comes rolling in, the Hammer will always be focused on one thing: dominating the competition and leaving a legacy that'll be remembered for generations to come.

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - Alikh - 02-26-2024

Lheorvine Adebisi would be excited for his first national endorsement.  Being that he is a giant of a man, and an adult, it definitely came as a surprise to many to see him on TV advertising Hatchimal toys.  The company that owns the little plastic toys clearly decided to lean in on the meme worthy concept of having a gargantuan nfl lineman shilling little plastic animals that you hatch from an egg.  But Adebisi went all in- he hammed it up for the commercial where he depicted himself at his own birthday party, bored and disappointed with all the standard gifts one might get an adult male.  But then, he opens it- a package with a small egg crate looking container.  Could it be....hatchimals???  The party finally kicks off and Adebisi hangs out with all the kids and their hatchimals.  Queue laughing parents, excited kids, etc.  Easy money.

And what will he do with his new found cash?  He is kind of curious about hatchimals now...

166 words

RE: (S46) PT #5 - Selling Out - ZootTX - 02-26-2024

Maximus Boudreaux is Louisiana native. In fact, its rumored his dad's side of the family came right out of the bayou. While that was long enough that you can understand what Max is saying (most of the time), he was super excited to get to promote Louisiana's most famous native beer from the Abita Brewing Company. Now Max is mostly a team player, so he wouldn't drive too hard a bargain. His price would definitely include all the free beer he could drink. Now Max doesn't drink as much beer as he wants to, since he has to stay in playing shape, but he can still put some away. Max has an idea for a new beer so he would definitely pitch that, just call him Maximus Brewdreaux! I'm sure he would appear in plenty of print ads and on billboards, since those are probably the most common ways beer is marketed in Louisiana. Not sure what he would do with money just yet, but I'm sure he'd figure it out! 171 words