International Simulation Football League
*S47 ISFL Round 1 Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S47 ISFL Round 1 Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=49941)

*S47 ISFL Round 1 Mock Draft - Tmoney6996 - 03-03-2024

We've got about a week until the ISFL S47 draft begins behind the scenes, and mock season is in full swing! I figured I'd join the fray and offer up a mock from my perspective! I'm only going to do first round here and let others handle the bigger, 2-round mocks. 

I don't have much of a preamble for the mock this season, so let's just right into it! 

HON 1.01 - Walter Yensid - CB @WalterYensid

With HON having the first two picks of this draft due to their tankathon and the trade they made with NOLA, Honolulu has the world on the edge of their seat on who they'll take. They could go a number of different directions, but when looking 3-4 seasons ahead, I think the answers narrow a bit. That leads us to HON taking Walter Yensid first overall to hopefully revitalize the Secondary. 

HON 1.02 - Brad Woof - WR (From NOLA) @Brad Woof

With their second selection here, HON goes to opposite side of the ball and takes one of the top earning overall players WR to lead the receiving core into the future. 

BER 1.03 - Grzegorz Winnicki - LB @araa

I just think LB makes too much sense for BER here. Sure they could go other directions, namely CB or S, or maybe even DE/DT. But LB is their biggest need and they grab a new user here with a high ceiling

COL 1.04 - Maria Teresa de la Rosa - WR @Baron1898

I went back and forth with this pick for a bit. COL needs a few things: WR, S, CB, and maybe LB. With the dearth of talent at WR in this draft, it makes a ton of sense to pull the trigger on a WR here and then look to fill in the rest later. This could be another WR as well, including Riggins, What, or Wilson, but I think they go with de la Rosa on this pass. 

NYS 1.05 - Roquefort Cotswald - CB @roquefort

With where NYS roster currently sits, they can almost pick any position and it will be a good pick for them. I have them taking Roque here he's one of the top 2 CBs left, and would eventually fill a HUGE need for NYS now and in a few seasons.

CTC 1.06 - Dunkler Sowerwine - DE @oknom

I wasn't quite sure what to make of CTC for this. On paper, their team doesn't have a ton of holes, but their roster also feels small (I'm not quite sure how to word it). With Negs retiring their DT, I think it makes sense for them to grab a DL here and not miss a beat in filling that hole on their roster. 

CHI 1.07 - Tim Riggins - WR @shahdude

CHI is desperately in need of a top WR talent, and they'll grab it here with Riggins at pick #5. They could also play them at TE

SJS 1.08 - Mooty Poop Eater - CB @Asked Madden

SJS doesn't have a ton of holes to fill, so they will probably pick here with an eye towards the future. Mooty fills a future need at CB, and a brings user back to a team that they want to play on. 

YKW 1.09 - Lane Wilson - WR @dustywilson22

Similar to the Mooty pick, YKW brings another one of their users home, taking Lane Wilson and user Dusty Wilson. They should help fill out the WR room and take the spot behind Silence Suzuka and Tyler Hunt. 

AUS 1.10 - JJ What - WR @JJ5

This is a match made in ehaven for both AUS and What. AUS needs to rebuild the WR room and What has noted that they'd like an eventually path to be the #1 target for whatever team drafts them. This is too obvious of a pick for it to not happen. 

SJS 1.11 - McDripsen McDropsen - OL (From SAR) @Drip

The only other hole that I could potentially see for a team that's getting ready to compete, like SJS, is getting an all human OL in place. McDropsen is a wonderful new user who could step in and be that final piece on the line.

OCO 1.12 - SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler - CB @Cloud

With Program moving after another season on a new team, OCO finds themselves in need of help at the CB position. User Cloud makes a ton of sense here and provides their secondary a path forward in the next few seasons. 

Alternatively, they could take an OL, but trying to keep this as low effort and no research intensive as possible.

ARI 1.13 - Sewage Joe Fantringham, - DT @BRNXB0MBERS

Fantringham has been pretty adamant about wanting to go back to AZ, and they get their wish here late in the first round. 

BAL 1.14 - Ranch-Pizza Pizza-Man - DE @TheNC206

Who would've thought we'd see a run on DL talent at the end of the first round? I'm not at all confident in this pick as BAL is another team that could go a number of different ways. WR to replace the loss of de Castilla, OL to fill out a human OL to help out the salary cap, Safety to address the relative age of the secondary. I don't know, but grabbing defensive line talent is never a bad decision. 

Thanks for tuning in and reading! I did a pretty decent job last year at piecing together the first round, getting 10 out of 14 correct in my initial mock. Hopefully we see similar results this year as well! 

Bonus DSFL Draft Count:
BBB - 3
POR - 1
TIJ - 1
NOR - 3
MIN - 1
KCC -1 
LON - 2
DAL - 2

RE: S47 ISFL Round 1 Mock Draft - JJ5 - 03-03-2024

where is KC Gordon smh

RE: S47 ISFL Round 1 Mock Draft - CROney3 - 03-03-2024