International Simulation Football League
*S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis (/showthread.php?tid=49997)

*S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - agorka - 03-07-2024

Well the DSFL season isn't entirely over (shoutout to my London Royals who will win the Ultimini) but the regular season is and as such it's time to take a look at the picks and decide who was a reach, who was a steal.... and frankly, who I do and don't like.

Here are the results of the draft and my completely unbiased and scientific grading.

Seriously though, while I think "active" gets thrown a lot around here, ultimately if the goal is to win, then who has the most verbal diarrhea on a regular basis or long ranting articles (which I totally am not guilty of doing for sweet sweet virtual currency) isn't the key to success, but rather whose earning TPE and putting up stats in the sim.

Otherwise, we'd be rating personalities and this would feel like the bachelor and I ain't handing out roses, I'd hand out cactuses!

PS. Before one of you whines about TPE, I took it off the tracker.... I know there's some minor differences.

Grading Scale:
A - Solid Seasonal Stats - Upper Tier Positional Stats and/or TPE 225+
B - Good Seasonal Stats - Middle to Upper Tier Positional Stats and/or TPE 200+
C - Mid Tier Stats - Middle to Lower and/or TPE 150+
D - Bottom Tier Stats but not IA - Lower Tier & TPE 100+
F - IA's or Worse - Dead like my prospect of being drafted to ISFL.

Round One
#1 - NOR - dylparl - Roquefort Cotswald - CB - 245 TPE - There was 20 CB's in the DSFL, this guy came in 7th based on tackles, but he made up for it with 5 INT's, so probably not a bad pick overall. Worthy of the 1st round? Maybe. Worthy of the 1st pick? Not really. At least he has more time for rock climbing having entered the off-season early. - B-
#2 - LON - agorka - Maurice Gunner - DE - 2 - 211 TPE - Probably the most controversial pick now. It was an honor going 2nd and in keeping with tradition I put up the 2nd best numbers of a DT and even DE if you want to add them to the mix. I kept earning, but my suspension was a black eye for myself and the team. B
#3 - MIN - oknom - Dunkler Sowerwine - DE - 261 TPE - He's got the most TPE and he's the poster child for #1 pick. He did well for MINN and he led DE's in sacks, but sadly his play wasn't enough to get MINN to the Ultimini and he lacked TFL's. A-
#4 - BBB - WalterYensid - Walter Yensid - CB - 245 TPE - Another league favorite, the diff. between roque and him are marginal. Do you want FR's or INT's is what decides it. Sadly, just like roque, his play didnt do much in the way of producing results. B-
#5 - POR - Brad Woof - Brad Woof - WR - 242 TPE - Apparently he did have the dog in him, but its more chihuahua than pitbull given he only found the end zone 4 times all season. - C+
#6 - DAL - Fangorn - Reginald Hammerfall - RB - 236 TPE - Hammerfall hammered it home an astounding 13 times on the ground and for good measure 1 through the air. Solid earner and his play likely helped get them to the Ultimini - A+
#7 - KCC - shahdude - Tim Riggins - WR -  239 TPE - I initially looked for him under TE's and couldn't find him, then I realized he was a WR, which was for the better because he at least put up stats that didnt involve cups of water fetched. A good middle tier performance and option who should've went in the mid tiers of the draft. - B-
#8 - TIJ - Blix900 - Luke Laraque - DE - 230 TPE - He is basically a budget Sowerwine, but frankly the 31 TPE is worth giving up given his ability to create fumbles and net a safety - A+

Round Two
#9 - NOR - TheNC206 - Ranch-Pizza Pizza-Man - DE - 232 TPE - A mid-tier condiment netted mid-tier results in the DE field. Perhaps mix it with rice? C+
#10 - LON - Asked Madden - Mooty Poop-Eater - CB - 221 TPE - With a name that would cause OBJ to go into heat, Mooty put up great numbers and is probably the best CB in the DSFL this season, given he actually made it to the big game. - A+
#11 - MIN - Standardan - Dominic Reynolds - OL - 224 TPE - The man came in 2nd of all OL positions, and not by that much either. A+
#12 - BBB - wingedbard - Treyverion Bernardrick - WR - 142 TPE - Hard to go top 12 and explain TPE below 200 and the stats show it, possibly our first IA too. D+
#13 - POR - Kahri - Edith Nickelback - CB - 146 TPE - Great job deflecting passes with 14, but seems TPE was deflected too? C-
#14 - DAL - Cloud - SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler - CB - 250 TPE - 4th in CB's with great stats all around and his team is in the Ultimini, in no small part thanks to him. A
#15 - KCC - ConnorM123 - D'Glester Hardunkichud - LB - 196 TPE - The man is smack dab in the middle, in tackles, in TPE, and in grade. C
#16 - TIJ - papalinator - Bob Kronkowski - TE - 200 TPE - He's the 2nd best TE which is remarkable because he also has no TD's proving again that TE is as useful as a suitcase with no handle. - C- (which would be B- but he's a TE)

Round Three
#17 - NOR - ThunderTitan82 - Rush Hardman - LB - 159 TPE - Solid numbers and results for Hardman given his lack of TPE compared to his competition, so that bodes well. B+
#18 - LON - Schwarzy - Honorius Salvator - S - 129 TPE - Yet another great performance given the complete lack of TPE and at 18th? Yeah we're starting to get into the real winners of the draft. A-
#19 - MIN - TwoSocks - Soul King Brook - RB - 220 TPE - He had the 4th best avg. and the 2nd most TD's including 1 more by airmail. The man is the real deal. A
#20 - BBB - Baron1898 - María Teresa de la Rosa - WR - 260 TPE - A league favorite. She was 2nd in average, put up good TD's and good overall yardage. She probably kept BBB looking better than they really are. A
#21 - POR - MrGoat1246 - Gucci Gurley - RB - 124 TPE - Another anomaly with the lack of TPE but the stats to prove otherwise.... 3rd in yards & TD's. This was a great pick. A+
#22 - DAL - Vulfzilla - Huge Yakman - LB - 231 TPE - A name I've come to know well because he leads the league in TFL but only by 1 over myself and others. His FF/FR numbers are great too. Much like Rizzler, I think he's a big part of why they made it to the Mini. A
#23 - KCC - bechtudo - Eric Beaty jr. - S - 221 TPE - 3rd worst S in the league in terms of numbers and the worst 2 played 6 & 4 games respectively. Ouch! - D
#24 - LON - dustywilson22 - Lane Wilson - WR - 243 TPE - He put up mid-tier numbers and went mid-tier, a solid option, it seems like the sim favored Chopperm more though. B

Round Four
#25 - NOR - Gadget - Long Snapper - TE - 169 TPE - At first I read the seasonal stats and thought he had a breakout game, then I realized it was for the whole season. Ooof.... D (Would've been C, but TE...)
#26 - TIJ - SwankyPants31 - K.C. Gordon - LB - 253 TPE - Crazy good numbers, no wonder the Luchadores seem to be the favorites every season with picks like this - A
#27 - MIN - Starboy - Tony Scaletta - LB - 199 TPE - The amount of LB's in the league is scary, and as such even if you're 10th, you're still closer to the top then the bottom. But Tony ain't a Soprano or Tommy Cutlets and his stats are just meh. - C
#28 - BBB - PMoney - Speed Hawk - LB - 212 TPE - Ole Hawk living up to the name sake with his performance putting him 3rd overall in LB lineup.... which is no small feat given the depth mentioned above. B+
#29 - POR - Agent Chaos - Upceti Spaghetti - LB - 204 TPE - There was a run on LB's and most everyone did well in that area, Portland too, given Spaghetti may not have had top tier tackle count but great FF/FR & Sack stats. - B-
#30 - DAL - negs - AtCCs Mercy - DT - 209 TPE -  If his website doesn't worry you, his stats should, 9 TFL & 8 Sacks.... Birddogs continuing the trend of getting it right. - B
#31 - KCC - NUCK - Will Nuck - RB - 227 TPE - At first glance, I was going to claim mediocrity. But then you realize he's a 2nd option at KCC and RB depth is massive in the league, so we'll go w/ the safe mid-tier rating. C+
#32 - TIJ - araa - Grzegorz Winnicki - LB - 237 TPE - He's the other half of the PB&J that makes TIJ the best LB duo in the league. Rare you solve that issue in one round of a draft for a team. B+

Round Five
#33 - NOR - Dr.Lloyd - Lloyd Boernsteen - CB - 141 TPE - Saving grace maybe that he mays roque look talented, but thats telling in and of itself, no? - C-
#34 - LON - Canadian_Goose25 - Johnathan ByWater - LB - 79 TPE - Mid-tier LB who had some solid games. I'm biased because I had to make numerous gameballs for him instead of myself.... but given the TPE, respectable performance. - C
#35 - MIN - Gage2 - Julian Rose - WR - 207 TPE - Another swap who had decent yardage but the TD's didn't manifest and he was their #2 option.... - C-
#36 - BBB - Drip - McDripsen McDropsen - OL - 230TPE - 53 pancakes sounds like my order at iHOP..... but it was just McDropsen doing what he does. - B
#37 - POR - Jadda123876 - Jonathan Irons - WR - 204 TPE - Its hard to tell when mid-tier performance is acceptable and when its not, is it the middle of the 5th? Probably not, given he put up similar numbers to his teamate Woof who went much higher. - B+
#38 - DAL - BRNXBOMBERS - Sewage Joe Fantringham - DT - 235 TPE - My sworn enemy. unbeknownst to him. He's the #1 DT in terms of tackles if you eliminate bots, and I hoped to beat him out... I was 8 short, but his lack of TFL's and FF/FR's makes me feel better about myself - C+
#39 - KCC - soevil - Russell Jimmies - QB - 221 TPE - 3rd worst in the league in terms of QBR, but he's splitting snaps? I will say his 21 TD's to 9 INT's is respectable. B-
#40 - NOR - Pat - Elijah Dyson - QB - 250 TPE - The mans named after a vacuum but his play didn't suck.... just 2 shy of leading the TD count for QB's, its safe to say this was far from NOR's problems. - B+

Round Six
#41 - TIJ - Z-Whiz - Puddles O'Duck - QB - 256 TPE - He was basically the best QB in the league and his stats prove it all around, great pick. A+
#42 - BBB - ImSatanJunior - "  Bugs - QB - 257 TPE - Solid numbers and mid-tier performance. Hard to blame the QB for their woes. - A-
#43 - MIN - Seymour - Bean Beanman III - LB - 223 TPE - Top 6 LB this late in the game? Yeah this is a win, hard to deny it. - A
#44 - LON - cousinhuey - DeMarcus Brothers - S - 65 TPE - His tackles may not be high, but his INT's were and those are opportunities for points every time. - B+
#45 - POR - Swanty - Swantavius Stack - OL - 247 TPE - Pancakes are tasty both on and off the field and my man brought plenty - B
#46 - DAL - fetty - Dee Fernandez - WR - 133 TPE - Middle of the road WR but he wasn't the at the bottom and netted you TD's - C+
#47 - KCC - bk1689 - Brennan Kennedy II - LB - 50 TPE - When you're at the bottom of your position and theres a field of bots ahead, well.... yeah - D
#48 - TIJ - Bunny - "  Bunny - S - 136 TPE - Top 3 FS and upper echelon S overall, hard to be upset when you get these results closing out the 6th - B

Round Seven
#49 - TIJ - a_cupof_bread - Cameron Gold - KP - 54 TPE - Hard to look the other way when you're only hitting 66% of the FG's - D
#50 - LON - Hamm Hargreaves - Hamm Hargreaves - KP - 69 TPE -  I suppose as far as IA's go, you could do worse than a kicker. Are they even people? - C-
#51 - MIN - modpro - Dason Dehorn - CB - 200 TPE - At this stage of the draft, anybody who has high TPE and/or any stats is a win. - A
#52 - LON - DerekBecker - Derek Becker - DE - 87 TPE - The man had more tackles that Sowerwine, yeah, big win! - A+
#53 - POR - kiki - Kiwi Flapjacks - DE - 107 TPE - I secretly hoped he went to BBB, but good efforts for where he went. - B-
#54 - DAL - Newtown08 - Raffi Turnbull - TE - 56 TPE - Honestly, given he's a TE and this late and the TPE, it pains me to say this wasnt bad. - C+ (would be B+ but TE)
#55 - KCC - Klepter - LaMarcus Love - DE - 57 TPE - What is Love? He can't hurt me no more! - C+
#56 - NOR - Trihawk05 - Jack Mancuso - RB - 50 TPE - He has 28 total yards, whats even more humorous is that 1 attempt was responsible for half those. - F

Round Eight
#57 - NOR - jeeeeefff - Jeffrey Jefferson - CB - 57 TPE - He put up the worst CB stats of all. - F
#58 - LON - Crezi - Oliver Wilson - TE - 50 TPE - I can't even find this man in the index.... so thats all you need to know - F-
#59 - MIN - KhakiChan - Dennis Li - LB - 50 TPE - He was on the field when someone got injured I suspect... - D-
#60 - BBB - mmann020 - Michael Mann - S - 50 TPE - Beats a bot if you gotta have an IA, might as well be like this? - C-
#61 - POR - tar_xf - Tar XF - K/P - 50 TPE - Maybe he looks better if he plays all 14 games? - C-
#62 - DAL - Slickmanill - Logan McGinnis - S - 50 TPE - He also doesn't exist..... Was he a multi?!? - F-
#63 - KCC - DerrickThomas - Derrick Thomas - LB - 50 TPE - Yet another missing person.... are you my father? - F-
#64 - TIJ - SoGringo - So Gringo - QB - 50 TPE - His stats are great because he barely played - D+

Round Nine
#65 - NOR - RavioliCowboy - Waldo McCrunchy - WR - 50 TPE - You can do worse w/ IA's? - D+
#66 - LON - Quinner360 - Gavin Bebardo - WR - 50 TPE - His 5 yard catch would go down in history.... if anyone remembered it. - F
#67 - MIN - 8saintz - Kemari Bennett - QB - 50 TPE - Not a single stat and no TPE. - F

Conclusion
So what does all of this great data mean? Well it essentially means everything.... or nothing. Really its up to you, the reader, to decide. One thing it does mean is that if you actually read all of this, you may work even less than I do, which is even more impressive than some of the stats above. But frankly, what I've gathered after doing the above is that the correlation between TPE & Sim performance is a marginal one at best. I think for my next analysis I will actually weigh individual stat categories and do an objective evaluation of the results.

However for now, what stands true is that there are winners and there are losers..... so many losers. Also somehow this is partially KCC's fault and I was also told to blame the weakly.....

Quote:Bitterman, party of 1..... Bitterman, party of 1. Your table is ready!

Ah yes, I'm being called for my reservation.... until next time ISFL.

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Daniel - 03-07-2024

Thank you mister money

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - CROney3 - 03-07-2024

The slam on wingbard when they are a part of your punishment trio is top notch.

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - jreed12 - 03-07-2024

Very tasteful and unbiased reporting… I will choose to ignore your comment that ranch is a mid condiment

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Gage2 - 03-07-2024

Poor Ducks, even in defeat we’re the victim of a hit piece.

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Pat - 03-07-2024

I do want to call out that Dyson also chipped in 7 rushing TDs for a total of 39, and over 4200 yards passing + rushing. On a pure volume basis he was the top QB in the DSFL.

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Starboy - 03-07-2024

The true stat is the friends you made along the way. And that should bring my grade up to at least a B-

RE: S46 DSFL Season End Draft Analysis - Baron1898 - 03-08-2024

I’ll take an A for sure