International Simulation Football League
Joseph Reed Retires - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Player Retirement (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Joseph Reed Retires (/showthread.php?tid=50009)

Pages: 1 2

Joseph Reed Retires - Reedy0rNot - 03-07-2024

Hello. My name is Joseph Reed, and I am retiring from the International Simulation Football League. Some of you may have heard of me and some of you might not have. I have never been a person that was obsessed with the fame that some great players get. I always have tried to stay out of the spot light and let my play on the field do my talking for me, and I think I did a pretty good job. First off I would like to thank the city of Chicago for being the best fan base in the ISFL and for welcoming me like this was my home. I am proud to have been able to call Chicago my home for the last 10 seasons. While we may not have accomplished the ultimate goal, I would not have wanted to play anywhere else.  Second I want to thank the Chicago Butchers organization for taking a chance on me in the 3rd round of the ISFL draft. You believed in me and helped me become the player we knew that I could be.
I hope I have left my mark on the Butchers and the ISFL. My watch ends with 536 tackles (13th for Chicago), 69 (nice) tackles for loss (2nd most in Chicago history), 94 sacks (3rd for Chicago), 29 forced fumbles (1st in Chicago and 12th in league history) with 14 recoveries (2nd in Chicago and 14th in league history), and 1 lonley touchdown. I am not sure how these numbers stack up against some of the defensive linemen that came before me, but I think that my play has earned me the title of greatest of all time. My dominance of the opposition was rewarded with being crowned the ISFL Defensive Player of the Year for three seasons in a row, with a career garnished with 4 pro bowl and 3 First Team All Pros.
I have given this game my all and I hope I made everyone who believed in me proud. I am happy to have been able to go to battle with my teammates for as long as I could, but now I pass the torch on to the next generation. Now, I look forward to pursuing my next venture. Reedy’s Chop Shop. Come see me in the Gold Coast for the finest meats in North Chicago!

LON 

CHI

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - Alikh - 03-07-2024

o7

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - firstfray - 03-07-2024

the Goat DT and no one comes close. It was a pleasure having you on the team and dominate for so long!

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - soevil - 03-07-2024

Greatest to ever do it

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - Twenty6 - 03-07-2024

[Image: goat-tongue.gif]

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - UptownCord - 03-07-2024

Sad day. Reed was the first player I unexplainably became attached to. Loved seeing him dominate. Shout-out the modern GOAT.

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - Jaywe88 - 03-07-2024

I like this user!

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - DREAMSLOTH - 03-07-2024

o7

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - TwoSocks - 03-08-2024

o7

RE: Joseph Reed Retires - JoeSteel - 03-18-2024

Gone but not forgotten