International Simulation Football League
*S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others (/showthread.php?tid=50018)

*S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - WalterYensid - 03-08-2024

Greetings, here is my S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti purely based on the input of others. This is going purely off of the average selected from 150 predictions using a mathematics point algorithm I ran. I'll put a short analysis of my thoughts below.

HON 1.1 - DE - Dunkler Sowerwine - @oknom
The majority of users picked Dunkler #1 OA and I can very much see this happening. Dunkler has the most TPE of any player (which Roq would say is due to his creation time) but is also a very nice user and friend. If this happens I have no doubt he'd be a great fit.

HON 1.2 - S - Walter Yensid - @WalterYensid
I technically beat out Baron slightly in predictions as I received just a tad bit more 1OA votes than Baron even if she received more 2OA. I'd be happy to go to my hometown team and play with Dunkler in this scenario.

BER 1.3 - WR - María Teresa de la Rosa - @Baron1898
Aunque no creo que vaya aquí en el borrador real, sería divertido verla en este equipo de fútbol. Ella es una de las mejores jugadoras de la liga y no tengo duda de que sería un gran ajuste.

COL 1.4 - CB - Roquefort Cotswald - @roquefort
The Yeti take the top CB off the board and he would be a perfect fit for their team and locker room culture. National Treasure has a very fun locker room and I have no doubt Roq would fit it well. Though I'm not sure in the real draft the Yeti would take a CB here...

NYS 1.5 - WR - Brad Woof - @Brad Woof
The Silverbacks get a dawg on their squad as this good boy manages to chase down all frisbees and footballs! In my actual draft I don't have Brad Woof falling to 5 but he would be a great addition and fit for the team here.

CTC  1.6 - CB - SkibidiGyat OhioRizzler - @"Cloud"

The one player I kept taking in the group mock drafts, Cloud mathematically falls to 6th barely and would be a fun pick by SJS at #6. Cloud is a very fun user and if I was a GM I'd probably take him 1st overall but I'm also a huge fan of Cloud's posts so ignore my judgement.

CHI 1.7 - WR - JJ What - @JJ5
Barely beating out Tim, JJ What?! ends up in Chicago where his yelling of his last name will scare foes as he wields his cleaver. While I feel Swanty is a better fit here, JJ wouldn't be bad as Chicago needs a WR3 to build towards being a WR1 of the future.

SJS 1.8 - WR - Tim Riggins - @shahdude

Tim would embrace the sabercat lifestyle even if Brad Woof technically fits the actual animal theme better. I can see Tim going 6th, I can also see him falling to late in the 1st. Wherever Tim lands it will be a good fit as he is one of the kindest users here.

SJS 1.9 - OL - Swantavius Stack - @Swanty
Swanty somehow falls to 1.9 where he'd join Talis and Mussorgsky on the OL. I don't see Swanty falling this far at all but I'm sure SJS would love to get him.

OCO 1.10 - CB - Mooty Poop-Eater - @Asked Madden
To no shock almost everyone I talked to has Mooty has 8th or 9th picked. I don't think he will go anywhere else, nor do I think he'll fall past 9. If 8th/9th isn't the pick I'll be kind of shocked unless he goes to the 2nd intentionally. Mathematically it is funny how he landed here due to almost everyone picking him 8th, 9th, or 14th. While Cloud was picked 2nd quite a few times, so Mooty falls to a spot he won't be picked in the actual draft.

AUS  1.11 - WR - Lane Wilson - @dustywilson22
99.9% sure that Lane Wilson *does not* end up here in the actual draft. I'm not sure why a lot of people have him going 5th overall, but amazingly the averages work out and he somehow lands at AUS! 

BAL 1.12 - OL - Dominic Reynolds - @"Standardan"
By receiving multiple early votes, Dominic balances out to be the 12h pick in the draft which now has a bit more controversy as far as point averages. The top 11 above are all seemingly locks for the first round based on predictions. While 12, 13, and 14 are all very close to 15->19.

YKW 1.13 - DT - Sewage Joe Fantringham - @BRNXB0MBERS
Is their actual pick going to be Lane Wilson at 13 or 14th? Yeah most likely. But here via the laws of points, their pick is a bit of a surprise. In the funniest fashion they manage to get BRNXB0MBERS very own Sewage Joe who kind of wants to go to AZ if reports are to be believed. This would be funny if they win or lose the Ulti to get the player that AZ wants. Additionally he would be a very good fit at this spot.

ARI 1.14 - DE - Ranch-Pizza Pizza-Man - @TheNC206
NC gets picked at Arizona barely beating out Soul King Brook. In this scenario with Fantringham being sniped before their very eyes they still manage to shore up the defense with one of my favourite users in the league who needs to stop getting sick so often. This wraps up the first round in a very weird turn of events.

Overall this way of doing a mock draft is pretty funny. The unintentional sniping of players in a hate-drafting strategy (aka Magic the Gathering draft style) would be entertaining to watch in the livestream chat. While I don't have any idea of where I personally will be drafted, I do hope it's at least in the first round as I really want my own Dotts card. The 1OA Dotts card would also be really cool but Dunkler has grinded a ton and would be well deserving of the pick. Overall this is a great class with so many players being predicted into the first round, that I have no doubt there will be quite a few insane surprises the night of the draft, especially with the first few picks Wink

Have a magical day,

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - Raven - 03-08-2024

Me who skews these as I just put people in random order lmao

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - WalterYensid - 03-08-2024

(03-08-2024, 09:33 AM)Raven Wrote: Me who skews these as I just put people in random order lmao

...that would explain a lot lol

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - Amkamkamk - 03-08-2024

Is this late-breaking news that Walter is moving to Safety?

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - Raven - 03-08-2024

(03-08-2024, 09:36 AM)WalterYensid Wrote:
(03-08-2024, 09:33 AM)Raven Wrote: Me who skews these as I just put people in random order lmao

...that would explain a lot lol

Who knew I held so much power. Lol

But yeah this is "just mock who you think will go in the first", not where you think people will be drafted

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - WALDO - 03-08-2024

no fangorn? L mock

RE: S47 Mock Draft Pre-Ulti based on the input of others - .HoshinoIchika - 03-08-2024

fake news