International Simulation Football League
*ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! (/showthread.php?tid=50020)

Pages: 1 2

*ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - lemonoppy - 03-09-2024

I needed to make some cool-down content after working hard on media this past year, and smolkrnboi, soup, and I have been Soul-Link Nuzlocking for a bit now so I decided to try out a new game, Pokemon Black! I haven’t played much Pokemon, I’m that guy who just uses damaging moves. I’ve only finished one game, and that was Pokemon X.

Nuzlocke Rules

For anyone who doesn’t know, and for me, the rules are:
  • You have to nickname every pokemon you catch.
  • If your pokemon faints, it’s dead and you have to release it.
  • You can only catch the first pokemon you see on every route, and only one chance! Except if I already have that one, I’m gonna skip this guy and give myself another chance

For this Nuzlocke, there are also some additional rules:
  • No using items in battle, apparently this is good but I never use items so it doesn’t affect me as much lol
  • There’s a level cap for each section of the game so you don’t just over-level and crush people, the level cap is the highest level of the upcoming Gym Leader
  • We’re playing in Set mode, so we don’t get to freely swap when the opposing trainer’s pokemon swaps, we have to use a move to do it.

--- Start - Gym 1 (Level Cap: 14) ---

Starter Pokemon

I stared at the starter screen for a while, I didn’t know who any of these pokemons were or anything, and then I saw that Oshawott is an otter and so I decided that I had my choice made for me.

[Image: rTyDXdp.png]

Turns out that Professor Juniper is an Orange County Otters fan! Hecc Beck and I are charged with filling the pokedex and will go on our grand adventure!

Route 1

Right after getting out of Nuvema Town, we ran into a Patrat! Now, I love Dewalt but his name kinda resonates with me, so we take a Level 3 Patrat (Lonely) into our party, DeRat!

Route 2

After running into a couple Patrats, we found a level 7 Lillipup (Brave)! Level 5 DeRat almost dies, living at 1 HP but Hecc Beck comes in to save us and we’ve got a new friend! This one has to be someone with a dog profile picture, so I was between Bamford, LCC, or negs, but their dogs aren’t the Lillipup colours, so Bampup13 it is! Also, I gotta level my peeps some, they’re gonna get slaughtered! Gonna pump my mons til level 9 each.

Dreamyard

I get to go to the Dreamyard before the gym, which is nice! The people in town say that the gym leader will use pokemon that are strong against my starter, but this person in here gives me a level 10 Pansear (Bashful) so that should take care of my typing being bad! I’ve got 4 pokemon now, and the level cap is 14 so I’ll be pushing for that before taking on the gym. I thought I would be able to catch a guy here, but the tracker says that receiving a pokemon counts as catching one, sad!

This Panswear is a fire guy, so I thought of the user fireyheart and gave him the name Tricera♥︎ as an homage.

Striaton Gym

I got really bored of grinding so I kinda just didn’t do any of it. Walking into the gym with this team here, I’m hoping that Tricera♥︎ will be able to tank the leader’s pokemon well enough to get me over the edge!

[Image: hOu77ki.png]

The plan worked! DeRat and Bampup13 combined to defeat the opposing level 12 Lillipup and Tricera♥︎ takes down a level 14 Pansage with ease.

We get the HM Cut after the battle, and DeRat will be our carrier for that!

We've got some more routes coming up, if you've got any suggestions for names or to people you think fit with specific pokemon, let me know for the next installment!

Current Team
[Image: j8c9tAB.png]

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Assistant to the POR GM - 03-09-2024

MOM GET THE CAMERA THATS MEEE

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - UptownCord - 03-09-2024

shout-out the homie beck

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - .HoshinoIchika - 03-09-2024

you should get a zekrom

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Yeenoghu - 03-09-2024

Nuzlocke content in ISFL <3

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - ztarwarz - 03-10-2024

(03-09-2024, 09:21 PM)Cloud Wrote: you should get a zekrom
unfortunately Black has Kyurem.

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Daniel - 03-10-2024

Now this is good media

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Weaves - 03-10-2024

my pokemon blue kazio nuzlucke run gave me ptsd

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Drip - 03-11-2024

I didn't know I wanted this, but now I need it

RE: ISFL Pokemon Black Nuzlocke: E1 Starting Out! - Hydrium - 03-11-2024

Finally, real content gets posted in media.