International Simulation Football League
*Prediction S46 Mock - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Prediction S46 Mock (/showthread.php?tid=50065)

*Prediction S46 Mock - WalterYensid - 03-09-2024

Inspired by Tyler Higbee here is my prediction mock based on guesses from others (not in a mathematical equation this time as @Raven noted it was a bit skewed by random input values).

HON 1.01 - S - Walter Yensid 

While I'm doubting I'm the 1OA pick, a lot of individuals seem positive that I'm the obvious pick. I don't like to talk about myself so let's move on shall we.

HON 1.02 - WR - Brad Woof - @Brad Woof

The best doggo Brad Woof is going to Honolulu! This was a tough choice for me between Dunkler, Higbee, Woof, Higbee, Roq, and Higbee. Ultimately I went with Woof based on locker room culture fit. Woof seems to represent the spirit of aloha well and a cute doggo playing on the beaches is always a good time! Brad Woof would be an immediate impact player with Gizmo being the only other WR on the roster currently. Woof would likely be called up ASAP and even if he gets locked down his first season, he will grow into an impact player pretty quickly.

BER 1.03 - DT - Dunkler Sowerwine - @oknom

Dunkler is either going 1OA or 3OA. For the sake of predicting I'll go ahead and slot Dunkler here. Dunkler may be put into the DT spot or they may play a 3 DE setup. While the fit may be a bit wonky without a position change, I think Dunkler would be willing to move over slightly. I can't see Baron or Tim here due to 3 WRs already being on the roster, nor can I see Roquefort here due to 3 CBs and 2 S being on the roster as well. Dunkler fits the bill and would be a great addition.

COL 1.04 - WR - María Teresa Luisa Francisca de Paula Esperanza de la Rosa - @Baron1898

I'd bet a lot of money that Baron was drafted here. With the departure of Cauthoun and Hogmally, Baron would be an immediate WR3 weapon that can be used from day 1. She has quite a bit of TPE and a ton of bank money to help her bolster her spot high in the draft. This doesn't even include how involved she is in literally everthing. Baron is an MVP of a user and she will love playing with the Yeti for the first time.

NYS 1.05 - OL - Swantavius Stack - @Swanty

While I could very easily see Roquefort picked here, Swanty fits a need that is much needed as the top need, need. The Silverbacks already have 5 CBs/Safeties and Roquefort could fit in, but it may not be the best team building idea. Enter Swanty who would immediately be the only offensive lineman on the team. The Silverbacks bid on OL Walter McKinley as an IA bid just for the sake of saving a bot spot. However, in getting a real OL active user they can help bolster the line for Falco to make smarter decisions. Swanty is a great value pick in the league and I could very easily see him here.

CTC 1.06 - WR - Tim Riggins Higgins Wiggins - @shahdude

With the WR3 spot being wide open, enter Tim. Tim is a reliable WR that could make an impact day 1 for a team that lacks a WR3 and a TE. Tim is a great user that's quite active on the forums with all his posts, and on Discord with all his... yapping. If Dunkler drops he wouldn't go past CTC, but I don't see Dunkler falling to 6. Thus Tim is my safest pick and a great locker room fit.

CHI 1.07 - RB - Reginald Hammerfall - @Fangorn

Not only was Hammerfall one of the best runningbacks in the DSFL, he did it as a true rookie! Fangorn is a great user and is quite funny to talk to. Chicago desperately needs a running back as they do not have any currently under contract. While I originally had Roquefort going here, it didn't make much sense as they already have a loaded CB/S room. Hammerfall would trade in his hammer for a knife and slice through opposing defenses as he works alongside everyone's favourite Penguin!

SJS 1.08 - CB - Mooty Poop-Eater - @Asked Madden

This is the pick, I don't doubt it. Mooty will either be 1.08 or 1.09. Is CB a true positional need currently? No not really. But it wouldn't hurt to have a CB3 by all means. Mooty is a locker room fit and will be drafted by SJS.

SJS 1.09 - WR - JJ What?! - @JJ5

Oh boy, this pick is a bit of a mess. While 1.08 is an easy pick, this one becomes a bit more complicated. SJS traded for Florida Man who is a high TPE IA player that doesn't seem to be returning anytime soon. While he may continue to perform for the final 4 years of his contract, they have to worry about Calhoun's final year as well. They don't need much help at other positions on offense, nor do they have that many holes on defense. Enter JJ What?! who will make an impact the following season while remaining in the DSFL. JJ What is a very active rookie GM in the DSFL and having the season to focus on his DSFL team will end up being a positive. Sconnie is a great mentor and I have no doubt his leadership will help JJ grow into a stud.

OCO 1.10 - CB - Roquefort Cobblepot - @roquefort

This is one of the few picks where I don't have quite a good read on who is the primary target. I feel their draft board is more-so focused on who drops than anything else. While BRNX, Pizza-Man, or Mo Gunner fits the positional need better, I do know they have been talking to Roquefort quite a bit. Thus Roquefort is drafted here even if the team already has 3 CBs and 3 Safeties. Roquefort will remain in the DSFL until Ace McAlister leaves the following season. Roquefort is an extremely active user and will make a great locker room presence. He loves doing sim tests more than I love running, but not as much as he loves rock climbing. Seriously, he will probably be rock climbing while he's being drafted.

AUS 1.11 - WR - Soul King Brooks - @TwoSocks

TwoSocks is going back to his team as he is an AUS man. He will convert to WR and be called up soon after as the 11th player on offense. He will make an immediate impact as WR3. In the locker room, the team already knows him and it's no surprise he is well liked by everyone. This pick you can take to the ISFL bank. Or Croney's bank as he's rich. Actually no, take it from Negs bank for making me broke k thx.

BAL 1.12 - OL - Dominic Reynolds - @Standardan

Lucario ends up here joining the one locker room that already is loaded on offensive line by design. With IA Yummy HotDogPie no longer being under contract, this allows room for Reynolds to sneak into the starting lineup as one of the only active linemen next to Tunkha Danstrol. I could also see them going WR here, but Standardan is a great user to talk with and would be a very positive fit for the dino nuggets squad.

YKW 1.13 - WR - Lane Wilson - @dustywilson22

Lane Wilson goes here, I don't really need to give any reasoning why. Dusty is beloved in the YKW locker room and is a positive impact player. With Ryder no longer on the team, Wilson would be the defacto WR3 for this young squad.

ARI 1.14 - DT - Sewage Joe Fantringham - @BRNXB0MBERS

Arizona attempts to trade this pick down to early 2nd to see if anyone wants to jump Honolulu. Even if the trade package is an early 2nd + a future 3rd they would take that trade. Sewage Joe Fantringham will end up on Arizona regardless, so even if I don't see them actually picking here, Joe will end up on Arizona regardless.

I'm excited to see how this draft shakes up. While my contest mock draft is slightly different with Cloud being picked relatively high, I decided to bump Cloud here to 2.01 to Honolulu. If 1.14 is traded, then Cloud would be picked up by a different team. I hope you all enjoy, best of luck to the S46 draft class and may the odds be ever in your favour. So long for now!

RE: Prediction S46 Mock - Baron1898 - 03-09-2024

María full name 10/10

RE: Prediction S46 Mock - xenosthelegend - 03-09-2024

I imagine it would be easy to predict the S46 draft about now.

Actually, that gives me an idea...