International Simulation Football League
*Roque mock 2.01 - 2.07 - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Roque mock 2.01 - 2.07 (/showthread.php?tid=50076)

*Roque mock 2.01 - 2.07 - SensibleDictator - 03-10-2024

Hi again. It’s me. Yep, here I am helping with another joint mock draft. I’m going to try and keep the same format as Roque did but, realistically, don’t expect near as much writing lol. Without further to do, lets jump into this second round starting with Honolulu

2.01 - Honolulu Hahalua - Jonathan Irons, WR, Portland

Blurb: I have loved being on the same time with Jonathan Irons. She is a media machine and willing to jump in anyway possible. She is very involved in the locker room and always earning tpe. She may be under the radar on DSFL and ISFL activity but she makes up for it with gameday hostings and her media posts or helping others with media. Really just a great all around user that might slide under the radar of some gms. A great pickup at 2.01.

If I’m HON: As Roque mentioned after the Dunkler picked, they need to go WR here. Honolulu is in desperate need of a secure target for Lenard McRobinson to build a connection with. Irons will come in as the clear WR2 behind Speedy Gizmo, looking to take over as the 1 if Gizmo leaves in free agency or begins regressing which may be a while. Either way, Honolulu is stoked to get this great of a user at a position of need in the second round.

If I’m Irons: I would be a little disappointed to fall into the second round but also glad to go to a team with a clear path to targets. The way Honolulu is built, Irons is one of the top priorities for the team. I would be looking forward to a very active locker room and teaming up with 2 great rookies in Walter Yensid and Dunkler Sowerwine.

redteam: Honestly, I think the need is clearly WR here but just for fun I will do some hypotheticals.

McDripsen McDropsen - Honolulu also has a dire need for offensive lineman, so taking McDripsen McDropsen here would also make sense. McDripsen is basically the last offensive lineman at this point. It would totally make sense for them to wait until round 3 to go wide receiver or even trade up and still try to get Jonathan Irons. However, I still lean going Irons here

Tyler Higbee II - Honolulu could also choose to go tight end which, in most scenarios, would be the best pick to help blocking and receiving. However, as the sim has shown, tight ends are quite poor and nobody really knows what they are going to do. Higbee II is as active as anybody, making his presence known in the discord and with some joint mock drafts. A phenomenal user but, unfortunately, the tight end position is just not good enough to justify this pick over the likes of Irons or even McDropsen.

2.02 - New Orleans Second Line - Puddles O’Duck, QB, Tijuana

Blurb: With this pick, I was between Bugs and Puddles. They are both neck and neck in TPE so I just went for the user I see on discord more. That ended up being Puddles, who seems to be a consistent person on the discord, checking in every once in a while. While he doesn’t degen it like Higbee does, he is still there to make his presence known.

If I’m NOLA: I am very happy with this pick. Although they could’ve waited until the 3rd round and let the draft decide whether they go Puddles or Bugs, they get their guy for the future. I see drafting a QB right now as a long term move, letting Puddles develop in the DSFL for as long as possible. Octavion Speedings is about to hit his regression point (unless I calculated it wrong lol) and you don’t want to go chasing for a serviceable QB when Speedings is no longer that guy. This gives them some security in the quarterback position for another 7 seasons as long as Puddles remains active.

If I’m Puddles: Honestly, I would not know how to react. On one hand, I get to stay at Tijuana and run it back a few seasons, trying to win an Ultimus. This would be great for both Tijuana and Puddles. However, Puddles may want to get to the ISFL as quickly as possible. Obviously, if this was the case, I would be somewhat butthurt and even tempted to demand a trade. With the right mindset, this could be a great spot for Puddles as he knows he will have the reins when his name is called.

redteam:

Bugs - As mentioned before, this pick is between Bugs and Puddles unless they wait until round 3. Bugs is barely above Puddles on TPE and both are battling for DSFL MVP. Ultimately, I don’t think you can go wrong with either of them

McDripsen McDropsen: Similar to the last Honolulu redteam section, I see them going offensive lineman if they do not go quarterback. McDripsen has been a consistent earner in the class and would help NOLA’s offensive line big time which is on the weaker side. If it isn’t a quarterback, I expect it to be McDripsen McDropsen to bolster the offensive line.

2.03 - Berlin Fire Salamanders - McDripsen McDropsen, OL, Bondi

Blurb: I wish I knew Drip more cuz I have absolutely zero clue what to write here. All I know is that Drip is lurking in the background somewhere, consistently earning tpe at the valuable offensive lineman position which is always a need. A stud user offensive lineman can go a long way and Drip is following a trajectory that would make him one.

If I’m Berlin: I am pumped to get a stud user offensive lineman in the second round. They are very hard to come by, considering that very few people make an offensive lineman in the first place. Also, most people start going IA at around 500 tpe after looking at the ISFL rosters. Having a 750+ tpe OL would be a huge advantage for Berlin. This helps a very weak offensive line room which is basically relying on bots and low earning users.

If I’m McDripsen McDropsen: I would be pumped to walk into an offensive lineman and basically already be the best one there. The highest earning offensive lineman at Berlin right now is only at 350 tpe. This means that, in roughly 1 season, McDripsen would be the big dog in the trenches. Because of this, I would be pumped if I were McDripsen McDropson.

redteam:

Grzegorz Winnicki - Berlin could’ve gone LB here, adding some more depth at that position. They gave 2 linebackers currently in regression with both their other 2 LBs over 600 tpe. Grzegorz could’ve been the LB3 quite early on. However, I lean towards fixing the massive weakness of the offensive line before taking a depth linebacker

Maurice “Mo Money” Gunner - Berlin also could do defensive tackle here. They only have 3 defensive linemen total with only 1 of them being a tackle. This would open up an opportunity to run a 4-3 or something like that with 4 user DL. However, as mentioned above, taking a depth or possible starter in a position just isn’t as important as fixing the offensive line in my opinion.

2.04 - Colorado Yeti - Ranch Pizza Pizza Man, DE, Norfolk

Blurb: Ranch Pizza Pizza Man is an interesting user. However, he loves to make his presence known with that horrifying Ranch Pizza gif. I believe that Ranch Pizza will remain active and ultimately become a great DE for Colorado. A strong, consistent defensive end is a great pick here

If I’m Colorado Yeti: As long as Ranch Pizza Pizza Man stays active, this is a great pick for the Colorado Yeti. They are still looking for that massive earner defensive end that peaks above 1000 tpe and Ranch Pizza Pizza Man can be that guy. The defensive line is one of their weaker positions, so this is an easy positional pick. Just a matter of if Ranch Pizza remains active and reaches the peaks that he is projected to hit.

If I’m Ranch Pizza Pizza Man: Colorado is not the greatest landing spot for a defensive end. However, with a few good seasons of earning, Ranch Pizza Pizza Man would move into the 2nd defensive end spot. Because of this, I would not be fully disappointed since there is a clear path to playing time. There are much worse landing spots so I would be content with landing here with the Colorado Yeti.

redteam:

Maurice “Mo Money” Gunner - This stays with the targeted defensive line, just moves to target to a defensive tackle instead of an edge. The biggest difference is that, under the assumption that the Yeti run a 3 man front, there would only be 1 defensive tackle position. Because of this, I see edges with more value than a tackle unless there is a MAJOR need at tackle. This would lead to Ranch Pizza Pizza Man getting drafted over Mo.

Dason Dehorn - Another option would be to bolster the secondary and take a cornerback. With all the corners off the board, Dason Dehorn is the most likely option here. Colorado does already have 2 solid corners, but this would add them as a solid option at the current CB3 and a good CB moving forward. I still see the need at defensive end as larger than the need at cornerback so I lean Pizza Man.

2.05 - New York Silverbacks - Grzegorz Winnicki, LB, Tijuana

Blurb: I’ll be honest, I have not seen much of Grzegorz in the discord so I don’t have much to write here. All I can say is that he has been earning in the background which, at the end of the day, is the most important thing.

If I’m New York Silverbacks: This pick targets a much needed linebacker, where they have 3 with 2 of them regressing very quickly. Grzegorz may not get playing time right away but you can’t pass up on the opportunity of locking up a linebacker for the future. Ideally, Grzegorz is allowed to earn for another season or two and then he and Perry Passiveman take over the linebacking department, allowing Bay Webb and Teemo Swift to slip into retirement.

If I’m Grzegorz Winnicki: I would be quite excited tbh. This will most likely allow me to continue to play with Tijuana and chase an Ultimini until I have an easy starting linebacker job with the New York Silverbacks. All things considered, if Grzegorz cares about Tijuana and the DSFL, this is an ideal landing spot and situation to go to as it allows them to stay down for a season or two extra.

redteam:

Luke Laraque - The New York Silverbacks are very weak at defensive end. This sounds like a perfect place for Laraque to go and make his presence known. However, they also have 2 defensive tackles who are both over 1000 tpe. Because of this, I see the need at linebacker as greater than the need of a defensive end. Also, the defensive tackles are not currently regressing while the linebackers are. This would make me choose Grzegorz over Luke for the Silverbacks

2.06 - Cape Town Crash - Luke Laraque, DE, Tijuana

Blurb: Yet again, someone who is earning in the background. Obviously, a louder user would be great but based on positional need and the fact that Luke Laraque is earning and updating in the background, I believe Luke will be the pick here.

If I’m Cape Town Crash: This is a great pick in my opinion. They only have one defensive end who will start regressing soon and have no young defensive linemen. Laraque would be the start of rebuilding the trenches, giving them a young, high earning defensive end to begin this retool. A valuable second rounder that will lead the defense in the future.

If I’m Luke Laraque: I would be ecstatic with this landing spot. Luke would walk in as the 2nd best defensive end and have a clear and somewhat easy path to being the best defensive end. This, along with teaming with Negs’s future create in 2 seasons, is a great landing spot for Luke.

redteam -

Eric Beaty Jr - Cape Town Crash have an up and coming safety in Simon Winston already, but their other safety is also in season 36 and quickly regressing. Beaty Jr would be the safety 2 for his career unless he out earns Simon Winston. With all that being said, because Cape Town has a young safety that is earning already, I would stick with Luke.

Julian Rose - Cape Town Crash also could possibly go WR here to get a current WR3 and a future WR1. Julian would be behind 2 max earning WRs in Kairo Knight and Malik Brooks. However, with these WRs already, this is more of a royalty pick than a need. Because of this, Luke Laraque is a better pick in my eyes.

2.07 - Chicago Butchers - Maurice “Mo Money” Gunner, DT, London

Blurb: Mo had an interesting start to his career in the DSFL. It started off very poorly, getting an early suspension. However, he seems to have gotten a hold of himself. He will still chat frequently but he now knows the limit before getting suspended. The biggest downside of this user is the lack of Cars theories.

If I’m Chicago Butchers: This is the biggest positional need they have without a doubt. The only defensive tackle they have is in season 36 and regressing really fast. Mo would give them their replacement DT, assuming he doesn’t go and get himself suspended. All in all, happy with the positional need met and the tpe earning ability, but scared of the risky messages.

If I’m Mo: Honestly, I would be happy with going in the second round after the questionable things I have done. It is also probably the best landing spot for a defensive tackle. It gives Mo a very easy and clear path to becoming the cornerstone of this defense as long as he can control his mouth.

redteam:

Tyler Higbee II - Chicago does not have a tight end at all so it is very possible that we see the first one here. Higbee II is the best yapper of the current generation. The only problem is the lack of tight end impact on the stat sheet with this sim. However, this is one of the few guaranteed max earner tight ends this league has ever seen. It has been seen that a max earner tight end can be a massive boost to a team’s success. Because of this, Higbee II is a big possibility here.

I will try and get the last 7 picks of the 2nd round done and post pre Friday draft. Hopefully that all works with my schedule.

RE: Roque mock 2.01 - 2.07 - roquefort - 03-10-2024

TYLER 1OA

RE: Roque mock 2.01 - 2.07 - Gage2 - 03-10-2024

I’m almost there!