International Simulation Football League
*My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock (/showthread.php?tid=50101)

Pages: 1 2

*My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - wetwilleh - 03-11-2024

Hello all, after coming back from vacation and consistently seeing "where mock?" anytime I checked the discord server, I have decided to have a crack at a mock draft! As this is my first season (and I've only been here a week) I'm going to be working with the DSFL draft. My class has a few newcomers like myself but also has a large amount of recreates that I could use data from but where's the fun in that?

This mock is going to be based on a few things as I have not actually seen any of the teams and haven't scouted their needs as well as the players being new for the season. First, we will be looking at experience in the league (boring I know). This may consider the player balance or TPE which is a pretty important factor. Second (and most importantly), I plan to place these players based on name creativity and simply whether its funny or not. A more creative name can be remembered for future seasons so it easily one of the most important aspects of this mock to consider. The final thing I'll be looking at is positions and if there is an overflow or not. This is not as important as the other two but it can contribute to being higher up than you would initially think a player would go. 

Now before we start, I had an inside source that may or may not be @Crazytomato, the GM of our very own Dallas Birddogs. I was told that the Honolulu Hahalua (HON) had actually been brought down to the DSFL draft as they were badly in need of picks for the upcoming ISFL season. Due to this... obscurity, I have placed HON at the 1.01 as they clearly need it.

Now without further ado, I present my very scuffed and slightly memey mock draft:

HON 0.01 - HON, Willeh Strong: LB
Would it really be a good draft if the composer didn't put themselves as the first overall? I think not. With a name that plays off "Really Strong", Willeh has a strong amount of bank balance and TPE earned after a week in the league. This pick is perfect for HON as it actually adds to the defense!

POR 1.01 - POR, GCBWRNW Princess Donut: DT
With that out of the way we get into the actual DSFL portion of our draft. With a name like Princess Donut and the TPE and bank balance to boot, how would this not be the 1oa?

NOR 1.02 - NOR, Zigzag Zipstep: RB
Who I believe will potentially be a breakout player, Zipstep comes in with the highest RB TPE pool and plans to juke every late round pick to get to 2oa.

BBB 1.03 - BBB, Warren Peace: WR
A veteran player, Warren's name turned heads day 1 and I must say it rivals that of my own. Will this speedy receiver be able to outpace some of the great recreates that are joining them?

KCC 1.04 - KCC, Leonardo Da Pinchi: S
Another rookie, I have Da Pinchi at the 4oa for name value that will be remembered. I believe the 3oa and 4oa could swap as Da Pinchi may be a better fit at BBB but who's to say really.

TIJ 1.05 - TIJ, Sam Coverdale: CB
A nice play on words adds Sam the 5oa. Will they be able to live up to the hype and cover some of the speedier receivers? We'll soon find out.

MIN 1.06 - MIN, Robot Sunfish: LB
A fellow LB, Robot has experience and I believe will fit the Grey Duck atmosphere very well. I believe they will do great things in the league. 

LON 1.07 - LON, Cleetus Beauregard: TE
Following in the footsteps of our favorite yapper Higbee, Cleetus looks to fill the boots of the roster hole that is the TE as a possession tight end instead of a vertical threat.

DAL 1.08 - DAL, Big Tractor: OL
I'm not going to explain... this name had me laughing for a while so I'm gonna let the pancake man cook.

Let me know what you think and if I should crank out a similar mock for the ISFL before draft day!

"Yes, I don't think there are any trades impacting this draft but don't quote me" @g2019

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - Assistant to the POR GM - 03-11-2024

Hell nah I ain’t giving 1OA to HON

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - LtHudz - 03-11-2024

"Look ma! I made the list!"

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - Twenty6 - 03-12-2024

S48 gang

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - yonggarius - 03-12-2024

HON robbing DSFL smh

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - .HoshinoIchika - 03-12-2024

willeh 0oa

RE: My First Mock Draft! S47 DSFL Mock - UptownCord - 03-12-2024

(03-11-2024, 11:53 PM)LtHudz Wrote: "Look ma! I made the list!"