International Simulation Football League
*Lim's DSFL big board - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Lim's DSFL big board (/showthread.php?tid=50119)

*Lim's DSFL big board - yonggarius - 03-13-2024

Alright, here's the other half of the DSFL big board article that I wrote yesterday. Before we begin on that, though, there has been some developments regarding the S48 class in the short gap between these two articles. I mean, how was I supposed to know that there was a mini recruiting drive going on literally hours after I published the article, thinking that the class was stabilized? That last push of recruitment changed things up a bit, and I need to make some revisions to my overall class breakdown. 

After yesterday's recruiting efforts, the total player count of the class sits at 53 instead of 47 in my first article, as there have been 6 new players who created yesterday afternoon to night. And that means that we'll be having six full rounds in the draft instead of five, and that we'll be having another almost full round after that. So Dallas, the team who holds the last pick, will be getting 6 players, while the other teams will get 7. I'm expecting active players to run out in about the end of fifth round or the start of sixth round. And finally, the updated version of position- by- position breakdown is below. 

Quarterback - 2
Running back - 9
Wide receiver - 11
Tight end - 3
Offensive line - 4
Defensive tackle - 3
Defensive end - 0 
Linebacker - 8
Cornerback - 6
Safety - 6
Kicker/ punter - 1

As you can see, the new creates have been 3 wide receivers and a running back, cornerback and safety each. This development makes wide receivers the biggest position group by far, putting them at 11 total players. And the running back group closely chases them with 9, while the linebacker group stayed at 8 total players. And while I won't be able to include the newly players on the offensive side in my previous article, I will be including new defensive players in this one. Now without further ado, let's get to the main article. 

Defensive tackles

The board
Lheorvine Adebisi (144TPE) - Alikh
GCBWRNW Princess Donut (92TPE) - OrbitingDeath
GoTo imnegs.net (50TPE) - negs

Defensive tackle is perhaps the most sought after position in ISFL in this moment. After the sim meta was changed to favor 3-4 defense over 4-3, defensive tackles (who were needed a fair bit in 4-3 too because defensive ends usually don't have a good time inside), suddenly became hot commodities. And coupled with the fact that there are just not a lot of people who creates defensive linemen, this crreated a state of constant defensive tackle shortage throughout the ISFL. Nowadays a lot of teams fill their defensive line with 3 defensive tackles as that's the combination that yields the best performance, and there are nowhere near enough defensive tackles creating compared to this massive amount of demand. And that's the ISFL, where most of the players end up after a season or two. So you can just guess that the situation is way worse in DSFL, and it sure is. At the moment, only one DSFL team - London - has a full defensive line of 3 human players. And even in that case one of those 3 players are sub 100 TPE. The other teams have it way worse, though, with only a few other teams having two human players at the position group, and most teams only having one. And That's in status quo, without the callups. As defensive tackle is also a very highly sought after position in ISFL, it is most likely that ISFL teams will call up their rookie defensive linemen right after drafting them. After all, there are some ISFL teams who doesn't have 3 human defensive linemen in their roster. So this means that defensive linemen - which basically means defensive tackle in this draft because there are no defensive ends - will be the top priority for almost all teams. And because there are only three defensive tackles, I can see a run for defensive tackles happening early in the first round. 

At the top of this defensive class sits recreate Lheorvine Adebisi. At 144 TPE, Adebisi is one of the top TPE players of the class, meaning that he is a max earner. And the user behind this player is great too, with Alikh being an ISFL HO intern, as well as former GM for the London Royals. He also has a history of a long career with his S36 safety that he retired just before creating this player. Because of those facts, I view Adebisi as one of the candidates for the first overall pick. As Portland, the team who holds said pick, has a dire need for defensive linemen, it's my guess that they'll be going for one of the three defensive linemen here. And when all three players have a renowned user (I'll explain the other two in their respective paragraphs), Adebisi, who has the most TPE by a wide margin, has to be a great candidate to choose. 

Next is GCBWRNW Princess Donut, whom I have to say have a very impressive name. At first glance, though, you might think that his TPE levels are not as impressive as his name. However, if you look at his player page, you'll see that OrbitingDeath, Princess Donut's user, has been only claiming weekly trainings and activity checks for a couple weeks now. Seeing that he has a stupid amount of money in the bank, I'm pretty sure that he is just putting off the big update to a later time. So at this time I will assume that this player is a max earner. And speaking of users, OrbitingDeath is another member of stellar S48 recreate class. Aside from the fact that he is one of the richest users in the league, OD is a great graphics maker and an overall great person to be around, as I can speak from my experience of sharing a locker room with him for a long time. Because of this he will be another first overall candidate, and I expect his player to be drafted before the first round is over. 

The last defensive tackle on the list is GoTo imnegs.net whose user negs again decided to use an url for a name after retiring a S47 DT with a similar name. Being a relatively new player - negs recreated post ultimus - he currently sits at 50 TPE, but that doesn't mean that the user is inactive by any means. negs is very active in both discord and forum, and it's most likely that he is just putting off the first update of his new player to a later time. With negs being a great user to have in a locker room - as he is very discord active, and is a GM in ISFL - I believe he's another first round player, and he might have a shot at that first overall spot if he jacks up his TPE level before the draft. 

Linebackers

The board
Robot Sunfish (147TPE) - yonggarius
Adolin Collins (135TPE) - infern8
Finn Murphy (112TPE) - Dolphins
Willeh Strong (102TPE) - wetwilleh
Mac Mannheim (101TPE) - ACynicalGamer
Mako Mendonca Jr (50TPE) - Mooty99
Alejandro Thatcher (50TPE) - plz_ravens
Bradan Patsfield (50TPE) - ItMeansSalmon

Linebackers perhaps are the biggest beneficiaries of the new 3-4 defense meta. As the 3-4 defense requires 4 linebackers to form a full front seven, the number of roster spots for linebackers have increased dramatically. Combined with the fact that the outside linebacker position is one of the most stat- friendly position in defense, there has been a lot of users choosing to create their players in the linebacker position. You might think that this large number of players means that the positional value will be somewhat decreased in a GM's point of view. However, the opposite in the case of linebackers, as they are still in high demand. The reason behind this is in what I said before, the sheer number of roster spots. At 4 players needed per team, linebackers are the position with the most roster spots other than offensive line (where there are 5 spots but hardly any team plays with all 5 spots filled with human linemen). A lot of ISFL teams have difficulty operating a linebacker room full of active, high- TPE players, and many teams tend to call up their high- earning rookie linebackers right away. And in the DSFL, the situation is way worse like in the case of defensive tackles I mentioned before. At the moment, only 3 teams - Kansas City, London and Minnesota - have all 4 linebacker spots filled, but in truth only Kansas City has a fully functioning linebacker corps as the other two teams have low TPE IA player in their lower linebacker spots. The other teams mostly only have two linebackers in their roster, with Tijuana being the exception and having only one. And as I mentioned ISFL teams are likely to call up well earning linebackers early, we can say that more spots will open up come draft time. So needless to say, linebacker will be one of the position teams will be looking to address in this draft, and I feel like a few teams might be aiming to draft one in the first round, especially if all three defensive tackles are already gone. 

In my opinion, the top player in this season's linebacker class is none other than rookie Willeh Strong. While his TPE levels are a step behind the leaders at 102TPE, he makes up the TPE defecit with his immense activity in both discord and forums. Strong's user, wetwilleh, has been ever- present in ISFL rookie discord for some time now. He's a great user to chat with there, and he has been so active that he's ranked number 1 on that server. On top of that, wetwilleh has written several great media pieces lately, the latest being an ISFL mock draft which was released right before I started to write this article. This amount of forum and discord activity is truly rare for a rookie user, and teams should be keeping an eye on him. While I admit drafting a rookie user first overall has its own risks, but if wetwilleh stays active (which I think he will as users who are as active as him seldom go inactive right after being drafted), he will be a very valuable addition to the team's locker room for a long time to come. I'd say that his small bank account is somewhat of a limiting factor, but then wetwilleh is currently actively trying to mitigate that through multiple media articles. And I think that won't be a problem over time, especially after a league job or two. So in my opinion Willeh Strong is a strong candidate for first overall pick, as he is the pick I would've made if I was the GM holding the first overall pick in this draft. 

At the opposite end of the scale from Willeh strong, two recreate linebackers sit at the top end of the TPE scale. Those players are Robot Sunfish - which happens to be my own player - and Adolin Collins. At the moment Sunfish has around 10TPE lead on Collins, but that's really not that much of a deal. What's important here is that both players are max earning, and have users who have history of successful ISFL players. I believe both me and infern8 - Collins' user - are good, max- earning recreates that GMs are looking for, and I believe both of us should go in the mid to late first round or early second round depending on draft status of top defensive tackle/ cornerback/ safety users. 

The second rookie player I'll be talking about is Mac Mannheim. Sitting at 101TPE, which is actually similar to that of Willeh Strong, Mannheim lost out the battle for top rookie linebacker spot as his user - ACynicalGamer - just wasn't able to match the insane amount of activity wetwilleh put on. However, ACynicalGamer seems to be just fine on his own, claiming multiple tasks and making his wiki. He even wrote an article a few days back, so that's always a cherry on top. I can see him going in the second or early third round. 

Next up is two recreates who are a step behind TPE wise from the first two. They are Finn Murphy and Maco Mendonca Jr. Murphy's earning pace has slowed down a little after he created at the trade deadline, and Mendonca Jr. is just starting to earn TPE after creating in the post- ultimus window. From what I see on his player page, Mooty, the user behind Mendonca Jr., has been completing tasks and just not making a new reply in his player page to update player. This means that he will be returning to max earning in a few days, and I can see him going in anywhere from late first round to second. And for Murphy, his stock might dip a little because of his TPE level, but he's still active and earning at a good pace. So I think Murphy won't have to wait later than third round to hear his name called. 

At the bottom of the list are two 50TPE rookies, Alejandro Thatcher and Bradan Patsfield. And while Thatcher at least claimed an activity check (which he did not apply to his player) before going inactive, Patsfield went straight up IA after creating his player. So unless they come back and start earning, they'll join the rest of 50TPE players at the end of the draft. 

Cornerbacks

The board
Caleb TheGEICOCamel (97TPE) - Rusfan
Adam Journey (97TPE) - WildfireMicro *
Tyler Oles III (69TPE) - Oles
Sam Coverdale (69TPE) - Civvy
Jet Larsen (67TPE) - DocLars 
Harrison Andrews Jr. (50TPE) - abh89

*While the user's total TPE count said 147, I only counted 47 claimed TPE on the page. And seeing that the player was created post ultimus, I decided to go with 97 instead of 147. 

As all of you know, the cornerback position is where you cover opposing wide receivers one on one. Take that statement to ISFL, and that means that every teams need at least 2 maxed cornerbacks to match maxed wide receivers from opposing teams, as it's common for most ISFL teams to carry 2 or more max earning wide receivers on their team. However, what they need and what they get is an entirely different story. As cornerbacks doesn't tend to get a lot of good stats, and also because of the fact that they have high tendency of being brutally burned, not a lot of users choose to create at the position. As such, the cornerback position is always at a premium in the ISFL level. The story is not that different in the DSFL. Almost every team in the DSFL carry 2 wide receivers who are either at cap or nearing it. And even after callups, their spots will just be taken by new wide receivers from this draft class, where there are plenty well earning wide receivers, both recreate and rookie. So naturally, cornerback position is at high demand. However, because of the fact that ISFL teams tend to snipe away well earning cornerbacks early on, there is a chronic shortage of maxed cornerback in DSFL level. So teams will give a lot to draft a cornerback who can get to the cap quickly. 

At the top of this class sits two 97 TPE recreates, Caleb TheGEICOCamel and Adam Journey. While 97TPE doesn't seem like a lot in a class where the TPE leaders are currently nearing 150TPE, you have to consider that those two players have created after ultimus. So, they've been basically max earning ever since they recreated. And they will most likely continue to do so, seeing as both players are backed by users - Rusfan and WildfireMicro - who have had long careers in the ISFL in the past. And I know for a fact that both of them are active in discord two. Considering those factors, I expect them to go off the board betwen late first and second round. 

Next up is another group of recreates who are a little bit behind TPE wise. As you may have guess from the names, Tyler Oles III and Harrison Andrews Jr. are recreates from users who had previous success with players playing in the secondary. Oles III has created in the trade deadline, but he didn't show any activity for last week or so after claiming a few TPE here and there. While the user, Oles, most certainly has the potential to reach DSFL cap and more, but it seems like he is taking things a bit slow with this player. I see him going in either third or fourth round unless he picks up his earning pace. And as for Andrews Jr, he has been sitting idle at 50TPE ever since abh89 - Andrews' user- had created the player about 4 days ago. But knowing the user, I'm pretty sure that he'll pick up his earning pace in no time, and return to be a max earner that I know he is. I give him second round grade provided that he returns in a few days. 

Last, but not least is two rookies who are both hanging around 70TPE, Sam Coverdale and Jet Larsen. The more notable of two is Larsen, who is one of the newest players of the class, creating yesterday evening. And for a new player, he is off to a great start already claiming training camp, weekly training and activity check. If he keeps on this pace, I can see going in third or fourth round of the draft. And Sam Coverdale, who is currently sitting at very nice 69TPE, has a similar good pace of earning. He also claimed basically the same tasks with Larsen, with the only difference being the fact that his player is a few days older. I also see Coverdale going in third or fourth round if he keeps up this pace of earning. 

Safeties

The board
Rocket Ride (104TPE) - Ulaire
Leonardo Da Pinchi (97TPE) - LtHudz
Alexandros Sotiris (71TPE) - Fno
Jake Barnes (61TPE) - Jakecxx
Johnny Bird (64TPE) - Southie
Leroy Jenkins (57TPE) - SirKitchel

While it might seem similar to cornerback because of its build and nature, the safety position has slightly different dynamics from that of the cornerbacks. The major difference being the fact that they receive slightly more creates due to the fact that safeties tend to get decent stats, especially compared to cornerbacks. However, the slight difference in player number is just that - slight - and teams still need a lot of safeties. That statement is also true in DSFL, where while most teams do have enough human safeties to man their secondary defense, there's a distinct lack of high TPE players for a lot of teams. So more than a few DSFL teams will look to bolster their safety position in the draft, possibly even in the first round. 

At the top of this safety class are two recreates who have created late, towards the post ultimus window. Rocket Ride and Leonardo Da Pinchi, who both sit around 100TPE, are considered max earners. And with both of them being renowned users - Ulare having just retired a HoF hopeful LB in the ISFL and LtHudz having been Minnesota GM until a week or so ago - I feel like they would be sought out by many teams. So I'm giving both of them first or second round grade. 

Next up is Johnny Bird, who is a step behind those recreates despite creating a lot earlier. However, while he didn't update after getting to 64TPE, I found out Southie, Bird's user, have been doing activity checks. This might mean that he intends to come back soon and pick up his earning pace, but exactly how much he is going to earn is a mystery in my opinion. Because of this I give him late third to fourth round grade. 

The final defensive players that I will be talking about are three rookies, in Alexandros Sotiris, Jake Barns and Leroy Jenkins. All of them are currently in 55~70 TPE range, and seems to be earning in a slower but steady pace. However, Jenkins, who is a new player who just created yesterday evening, might need some time before we determine how much of an earner he wil be. At this moment I feel like they belong in fourth round range. 

Kickers/ Punters

The board
Cameron Oswald-Newton (50TPE) - Kobefromthefrobe

The kicker position is one of the most unique positions in ISFL. Not only it is the only position you can play in special teams apart from returner, its TPE dynamic is quite different from the other positions. While kickers also get better with TPE, the performance they gain after certain level of TPE is quite minimal. This is to the point where there had been an article in the past claiming that max earning kickers weren't very helpful to the performance of the team. While that subject might be up to debate as that article was written a long time ago, it's true that kicker/ punter position is home to many players whose earning pace is slower. And a lot of them get into the position after switching positions from something else. Because of this fact, and the fact that position is not very flashy, usually there's not a lot of users creating in this position. And that doesn't create any shortages in either ISFL or DSFL because ISFL kickers have long careers as they thrive even in long TPE, and in DSFL bot kickers are the norm. So kickers are basically the epitome of luxury position

The only kicker of this draft class is Cameron Oswald- Newton, who didn't earn any TPE after creating back at the trade deadline. However, the user, kobefromthefrobe, hasn't been sitting idle during that time as he did some tasks such as activity checks just without doing any updates. At this point it's really a mystery how much of an earner he will be, as I cannot determine if he's planning for a massive update later on or is planning to take things a little slow being a kicker. And because of that, along with his position, I give him fourth to fifth round grade

This concludes my DSFL big board article, and I'll be finishing up this DSFL media frenzy with a mock draft after the conclusion of ISFL draft (hopefully).

RE: Lim's DSFL big board - WildfireMicro - 03-13-2024

My dumbass thought we started off with 100, my bad I edited it to 97

RE: Lim's DSFL big board - wetwilleh - 03-13-2024

I'm honored

RE: Lim's DSFL big board - Alikh - 03-13-2024

I'm Leorvine Adebisi and this is my favorite media on the Citadel.

RE: Lim's DSFL big board - OrbitingDeath - 03-13-2024

I am Princess Donut and I think I just updated to make sure I had more tpe as Alkih