International Simulation Football League
*Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis (/showthread.php?tid=50135)

*Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - Civvy - 03-13-2024

Hey there, everyone! The Season 48 rookies got their first taste of what the ISFL is really about today, and there's one cornerback we should all be looking out for. The man, the myth, the legend...

Sam Coverdale! He had a good first 3 games with the Carolina Reapers, and this post aims to catalogue his performance in day 1 of the Prospect Bowl. We'll split this post into one section for each game played on 3/13.

Sam covered two receivers today, number 17 (Seer lal) and number 81 (Christian Dorr).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME 1: Reapers loss, 0-31

Sam's performance:

Tackles: 3
PDs: 0
FF/FR: 0/0
Pass Attempts to assigned man: 8, 3 complete
TDs Allowed: 1 (10 yd reception)
Yards Allowed: 36

Notes: Overall, a decent game! Out of 32 pass attempts (and 16 comps), only a quarter of them were thrown to Sam's assigned WR. Sam covered the Sting's second and third best receiver thru all 3 games, so that's not half bad! All allowed receptions were greater than or equal to 10 yards, but with only 3 completions? I think that's pretty good.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAME 2: Reapers win, 20-0

Sam's performance:

PDs: 2
Pass Attempts to assigned man: 8, 4 complete
TDs Allowed: 0
Yards Allowed: 48

I can't help but feel like a pattern's emerging here. Less than a quarter of passes were thrown Sam's way, half were completed, and all completions went for 10+ yards. 

GAME 3: Reapers lose, 10-19

Sam's performance:

PDs: 1
Pass Attempts to assigned man: 6, 4 complete
TDs Allowed: 1 (4 yd reception)
Yards Allowed: 31

Another alright game. Allowing a checkdown pass to get through for a TD is very unfortunate, but other than that, less than a quarter of passes went to Sam's side of the field. 
So, what did we learn from these games? Good question. These games only use every player's starting 50 TPE build, so the games might not be as accurate to real DSFL performance than desired. Nonetheless, Mr. Coverdale lives up to his name and covers his guy like no other. Quarterbacks don't dare to throw in the vicinity of him! I think this makes up for the lackluster yards allowed shown these three games, and lack of "big" plays on the ball like INTs and FFs. He's a team player, you know?

Having this info, Sam's TPE will be allocated towards speed, as always, as well as tackling to hopefully prevent those explosive plays. 

So... yeah! That's the recap. If you somehow read all of this, thank you! I'm sorry if this is a messy format! This is my first time doing this, so my posts are going to look a tad messy for a while. I counted my yards and TDs allowed myself by going through play by play, if anyone was wondering! Those stats are very important to me and sadly don't get tracked, so I just decided to take it into my own hands haha.

If you've read this far, once again, thanks!!!

RE: Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - wetwilleh - 03-13-2024

Sam Coverdale covers both the receiver and the media! Good post

RE: Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - shahdude - 03-13-2024

Blanket corner call him the Snuggie

RE: Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - Gadget - 03-14-2024

I’m Sam Coverdale’s #1 fan

RE: Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - ACynicalGamer - 03-14-2024

Those TDs were on the play calling anyway!!

RE: Sam Coverdale's Rookie Debut! An extremely casual analysis - Chicken Lips - 03-14-2024

Strong start, this guy is going to go far.