International Simulation Football League
*The NOLA Obsession - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *The NOLA Obsession (/showthread.php?tid=50259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

*The NOLA Obsession - toofpete - 03-18-2024

Obsession is the “persistent disturbing preoccupation with an often unreasonable idea or feeling.” It can be overwhelming, intoxicating even, but rest assured obsession is only a toxin.

Some in this league struggle with it. This obsession with NOLA amongst the precious few who seem so wildly keen on observing the elongated destitution of the team I love. It's frustrating really.

Now I'm not necessarily calling anyone out directly, although some obsessions with punching down on us moment to moment seem stronger *cough* ztarwarz *cough* moreso than others, but he's not the only one. There are others. All watching with anticipation to see just when and how NOLA will shit the bed yet again so they can laugh and meme to their wholly unsatisfied little delights. It's the nature of competition. The weak minded yet successful prey on those they deem to be lesser than them. It happens.

It's an unfortunate symptom stemming from a much larger disease within the league. A disease that sometimes goes beyond friendly ribbing and cordial, mutually respected shit talk. A disease of childish, unadulterated immaturity.

It's what causes people to form cliques and only stay within the bounds of their group, because the fear outside of that safety is too much for their feeble hearts to bear. So then fend off others to hide and try to build a kind of toxic camaraderie within themselves. It's human nature.

It's what creates an environment that causes someone like Mobi, or otherwise, to lash out against the league, because they constantly feel attacked. That kind of acting out is a monster of our own creation. Aggression only breeds aggression. It's You your construct... you CREATED this yourselves.

I expect it out of some of the younger users, it's the nature of being 15-18. You don't know much and that lack of knowledge creates insecurity. That insecurity can breed a lot of good and bad behaviors, but some of the other users… my god looool

Dudes in their 20’s or older claiming adulthood, but looking for fights with a group of people that're just trying to vibe and turn around a franchise that's lacked success. Again…punching down. Punching down is, and always will be, the trademark of a weak-willed person.

It's the go-to move of people who have to find value in themselves by tearing down the value of others around them. I've seen it my entire life in a lot of the career fields I've chosen. It's toxic and immature, IF it's meant with any semblance of legitimate contempt or disdain. If you think NOLA failing is “funny” or “because you hate NOLA” and there's anything more behind that then jest…YOU are the problem.

Now let me be clear, I don't mean people who playfully take jabs at NOLA. I don't mean the friendly memeing and joking. Take @CROney3 and @UptownCord for example. They talk shit to me all the time, but I know it comes from a good place. If that's you, don't worry…I'm not talking about you. Most of the people I'm talking about probably didn't make it this far in the post. They'll probably respond with a “TL;DR”, "NOLA Bad", "Mickey team" or the “I ain't readin’ all that” meme. That's the mark of the dull and uninspiring. Watch… you'll see them down below.

No if you're still reading this, I can mostly guarantee I'm not talking about you. If you're still here, you're someone I could have a drink with. You're someone who will now know that the beautiful bit of gaslighting I just did for about 550+ words will really piss some people off and it'll be absolutely hilarious. They'll think I'm fully serious when I'm only like…40-50% serious.

You're probably truthfully rooting for NOLA at the end of the day. Here's my honest truth… I love the NOLA obsession. I want us to be a story. I want people watching us and following along with this journey back to relevancy. I want more @ztarwarz articles, because that's what this league is all about. It's about storylines, trash talk, and fun.

A storyline of losing sucks, it really does, but I'll be damned if I know most of us don't love a good redemption arc. Redemption drives us as people. It's why so many people root for the underdog, because people want to feel hopeful that things can be better… even in a silly little sim football league.

But don't worry, I want you guys talking about, rooting for, and watching the NOLA Secondline, because this group of users, both new and old, is a badass group. They're dedicated, energetic, motivated, and love this league and I'll do everything I can in my power as GM to give them the best gd time possible while they watch their dot try to achieve glory. I know for a fact @Tmoney6996 will too.

So let the NOLA Obsession burn bright, jump on this bandwagon,and let's all just vibe, hang out, and see wtf this scrappy little team can do in S47!

Ok but seriously, count how many people you can tell didn't make it past the gaslighting part and make fun of them lol

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

RE: The NOLA Obsession - UberBJ - 03-18-2024

NOLA bad.

RE: The NOLA Obsession - CROney3 - 03-18-2024

I ain't reading all that.
I'm happy for you though.
Or sad that it happened.

RE: The NOLA Obsession - Bamford13 - 03-18-2024

NOLA bad.

RE: The NOLA Obsession - JJ5 - 03-18-2024

TL;DR

RE: The NOLA Obsession - Pvtpenne - 03-18-2024