International Simulation Football League
*Philly Sports News - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Philly Sports News (/showthread.php?tid=5061)

*Philly Sports News - PDXBaller - 10-05-2017

Week 10 Quarterback Review
By Phil E. Chezestake

The quarterback position is among the most exalted and scrutinized positions in all team sports. He is the leader of the offensive team and responsible for almost every offensive play that leads to the successes and failures of his team. With 10 games into the season, we take a look at some of the stats and review how each quarterback is doing for their respective teams based on their performance. This list ranks the starting quarterbacks by their current rating for season 3.

1. Mike Boss - Pocket Passer OCO
Mike Boss was Orange County’s 48th overall pick in the inaugural NSFL draft and he’s remained a mainstay of the offense ever since. It’s not surprising that Boss is currently ranked 1 on our list. He’s completing 62.6% of his passes with the highest completion rate per game of 27.8 yards. Across the board he’s netting the best quarterback stats in the league: 2.3 touchdowns a game, 351.3 yards a game, and the least amount of interceptions. If Boss continues to play at a high level, he’ll shatter last season’s pass yards and passing completions record.

2. King Bronko – Gunslinger ARI
It’s good to be King…Bronko that is! The Arizona Outlaw ranks as 2nd on our list at week 10. Bronko has lead the ‘Bad Boys’ of the NSFL to a perfect 10-0 record with no signs of stopping. Stats wise, he comes in fairly even with Mike Boss but has a slightly less completion percentage at 58.4% and 18 touchdowns. Brokno ties for second at 0.7 interceptions a game and it’s easy to see why he stays cool in the pocket with Tim Pest and Pat Pancake protecting him. Although he ranks 6th in total yards per game at 240, Bronko completes 1.8 touchdowns a game. The Outlaws will sail into the playoffs easily with King at the helm.

3. Scrub Kyubee – Pocket Passer BAL
Fortunately for the Hawks, Scrub Kyubee has not lived up to his name and comes in at 3rd on our list. The Canadian lines up closely to King Bronko in almost all facets of his game. This is interesting considering their archetypes differ when they both entered the league. Kyubee is the Cerebral Canadian with the second highest completion rate in the league at 58.4% and tying for second least interceptions per game at 0.7 with Bronko. As a result, the Hawks are the NSFC leaders in points and yards per game and should be the front runners in the NSFC playoffs. Kyubee could easily slide into the number 2 spot this year with how the Hawks performed in the first part of the season.

4. Ethan Hunt – Mobile SJS
We see another Canadian on the list that could easily become the second best quarterback in the league this year with San Jose SaberCats player Ethan Hunt. Although Hunt completes passes at a decent 56.6%, he throws at incredible distances. The SaberCats quarterback is second among quarterbacks in yards per game with 261.3 and is the leader in longest pass completion with 71 yards in a game against the Otters. Hunt is incredibly agile and is, by far, the most mobile quarterback in the league. He’s an intelligent player moves in the pocket well and makes excellent decisions as exemplified by only 0.8 interceptions a game. Oh the places that ball will go when it’s in Hunt’s hands.

5. Chris Orosz – Pocket Passer YKW
Coming in at number 5 is the Yellowknife Wraiths quarterback, Chris Orosz. Orosz is hitting passes at a lower rate than last year at 57.5%, but he’s got the second highest completions overall and 22.3 completions per game. His high completion numbers translate to 18 touchdowns this season and puts him at 3rd in total touchdowns so far with King Bronko. Orosz is an intellectual playmaker, tying for 3rd with interceptions thrown and 0.8 interceptions a game. With all these positive factors in play and Orosz’s excellent performance so far, it’s quite a conundrum as to why the Wraiths aren’t in a better position this season. Orosz has the arm and accuracy to get them there and I’m confident they can finish strong with Orosz steering the Wraith chariot of victory (death).

6. Clifford Rove – Game Manager PHI
It’s tough to imagine entering the NSFL as a rookie and becoming a starter. It’s even harder to imagine becoming the starting quarterback for any team! The discipline and dedication required shows how much faith the Liberty have in their rookie quarterback, Clifford Rove. Despite having the second most interceptions this season and averaging 1.6 interceptions a game, Rove is improving at a phenomenal rate and is giving the Liberty hope at making the playoffs. Rove is averaging 239.6 yards a game with a 56.7% completion rate. The parity between the top 5 and the last 3 quarterbacks are substantial and it’s no surprise that 2 of the bottom 3 are rookies.

7. Josh Bercovici – Gunslinger LVL
Coming in at a close 7 is the Legion’s own Josh Bercovici. It’s no secret that the Las Vegas team is struggling, but Bercovici is 3rd in total yards per game with 251 despite a 54.6% completion rate. He’s proven that he’s more than capable of impeccable plays as evidenced by the win over the SaberCats where Bercovici had 22/25 completions for 280 yards and 2 touchdowns. A better offensive line would give Bercovici the time and space to throw with impunity as he has all the right tools to compete with his season 1 quarterback peers. The Legion are currently second in sacks allowed behind the Philadelphia Liberty, so any improvement to the line should see substantial increases in his performance moving forward. This is a rebuilding team, but the core offense of Ardie Savea, Alexandre LeClair, and Bercovici is a remarkable establishment to build upon.

8. Nicholas Pierno – Mobile COL
The Colorado Yeti were rocked by the biggest scandal in NSFL history. After the suspension of Logan Noble, the Yeti were scrambling to replace their starting quarterback and traded for rookie quarterback Nicholas Pierno from the Wraiths. The Yeti were confident they found their man with Pierno’s boundless work ethic and agility on offense. Pierno is struggling, but that’s to be expected for anyone starting in their rookie year and Yeti fans aren’t discouraged by their current predicament left in the wake of the steroid indignity. Pierno is completing passes at 45.6% when he can get the ball out of his hands and has proven that he’s got a decent arm with a 44 yard long pass personal best. The Yeti are rebuilding, but they’ve got one of the best young players out of the season 3 draft.

Quote:Disclaimer: Please let me know if there are any errors in names, stats, history, etc. and I will revise the article as quickly as I can. I’m new to sim leagues and Eli Kamaka is the first character I’ve ever created! I’m not a big football fan either (basketball is my jam), so please let me know if you have any feedback for my articles. I tried to be unbiased as much as possible and as positive as I could for each player. I know we all put a lot of time and effort into developing them so I wanted to highlight their strengths. You’re all number 1 in my heart <3

Quote:1116 words not including disclaimer

GRADED