International Simulation Football League
(S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms (/showthread.php?tid=50642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

(S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Baron1898 - 04-08-2024

(S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S47 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 14th, 2024 at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: With locker room unity being crucial to a team's performance, how has your squad been fostering it? What sorts of activities do you, as a player or user, do with the rest of your team? What do you bring to the locker room? Who do you think have been the main contributors to a good time in your locker room, and what have they brought to the table?

Graphic option: Create a graphic that shows your player and teammates participating in some form of non-football activity together.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Baron1898 - 04-08-2024

PT Pass (too slow Frenchie)

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - ItsFrenchie - 04-08-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - .HoshinoIchika - 04-08-2024

When a team is rebuilding, it's important to keep the locker room active and together. Unfortunately on game nights there's not much to talk about since we all know that we're about to lose. But we keep the locker room active through other chats, mostly the gen chat and gaming chat. One thing that would help is for Colorado to open their locker room to outsiders, I know other teams have done so and are very active, so why won't it work for us? Although, Colorado is famous for having a closed locker room, so maybe they have a reason for keeping it that way? I'm not sure. Our locker room has certainly been less active after we traded many of our active players away, including infinite, tree, and moosey. Tree will be back after the season, hopefully, (this might not actually be the case because we recently hired a new gm, jenni.) but we've lost two of our most active members for a while.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - soevil - 04-08-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - ZootTX - 04-08-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Aford9910 - 04-08-2024

Locker rooms. The smelliest part of the football gridiron and still it seems the Nola LR is inseparable. The morale in Nola’s locker is great from guys like jack sloth always rooting the guys on to guys like  Joe steel and tmoney leading the locking room pressuring the news guys to be great to be better what more can you ask for second line locker room is second to none as for what I bring to the locker room I bring that joy and humor I brought g that family aspect to the league I love my brothers in uniform as if we were born by blood. As the teams fullback and best FB in the league my job is to protect speedings and make sure Kyle “brick wall” crane from even being touched and so far we have executed that to perfection. Now this is strange cuz idk how this Roleplay stuff works but I guess when I’m not playing me crane speedings the whole oline and tailback room will do team building exercises from mini golf to skydiving(don’t tell coach) to even simple dinners and film study. All in all Nola locker room is elite and will be for many seasons it’s a new time in ISFL is Nola time!

212 words

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - wetwilleh - 04-08-2024

The Pythons locker room is entertaining to say the least. Having only been in here briefly, there are plenty of activities for members to do. Higbee and I have our Yap channel where we can yap as much as we please and there are also the other standard channels like counting and poketwo. The Portland locker room also allows us to play the snake game whenever we feel like it which is always fun as well. Aside from that, our team normally discusses sim related stuff as well as just talking with other users about the going ons around the league. I believe I bring more talking to the Portland locker room alongside Higbee and am usually around to have a conversation with my team about whatever they feel like talking about at a given time. Higbee, Homer, Zeagle, Jadda, and Bamford are always active and talking in the locker room which livens it up even more. I think I lucked out with my team and the activities/conversation I get to take part of.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - MMAJAKE710 - 04-08-2024

Neil Bonnet and Triceracop, teammates on the Chicago Butchers, shared a unique bond beyond the gridiron. Despite their rigorous football schedule, they found solace in their shared love for adventure. One crisp autumn afternoon, Neil proposed a thrilling escapade: rock climbing at a nearby cliff. With Triceracop's enthusiastic agreement, they embarked on their adrenaline-fueled journey.Scaling the rugged terrain, they faced challenges mirroring those encountered on the football field. Each foothold conquered echoed their resilience and determination. As they reached the summit, exhilaration engulfed them, their laughter echoing against the towering cliffs.Atop the world, they marveled at the panoramic view, their camaraderie fortified by the shared triumph. In that moment, Neil and Triceracop transcended their roles as athletes, becoming kindred spirits bound by mutual respect and unwavering support.As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting hues of gold and crimson across the sky, they descended, their hearts brimming with memories of camaraderie and conquest. With a promise to conquer more heights, both on and off the field, Neil and Triceracop returned to their football duties, knowing that their friendship was as unyielding as the mountains they conquered together.

RE: (S47) PT #3 - Comrades in Arms - Figgy - 04-08-2024

Locker room unity and participation is one of the most important aspects of sim leagues to be honest. Without it its hard to keep people interested. Both locker rooms I am apart of here do great jobs in accomplishing it in different ways. 
For example in Minnesota we do various different events, from fantasy football leagues for the DSFL, to questions of the day. These not only promote activity, but at the same time allow you to get to know your teammates better which is awesome in its own right. 
Now in Baltimore they go about things differently. We have the standard rooms to discuss, sports, gaming, hobbies, and movies and shows and such but on top of that they have the friendly competitions for the elusive Golden Hawk. 
As for the main contributers there are too many in each locker room and by naming names I would risk missing someone and offending them and I would never want to do that. As for what I bring? I honestly don't usually contribute a ton, but I throw in my old grey beard wisdom here and there when I feel it is relevant.

Quote:192 Words