International Simulation Football League
*ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: *ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago (/showthread.php?tid=50645)

Pages: 1 2

*ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - ReverendOReily - 04-18-2024

After 13 successful seasons in the ISFL, Kumquat Archipelago, feeling the wear and tear of old age, has decided to retire. In the next phase of his life, Kumquat will step away from football (though he does not foresee the departure being permanent) to try new hobbies and careers he has always been curious about. These activities will include (but naturally will not be limited to) bowling, badminton, birdwatching, baking, breeding cabbages, and a wide variety of things that do not start with a B but did not make the list, like learning how to play carom, or even learning how to play carrom.

Huge thank yous are in order to each of the teams I was lucky enough to get to play with, and all of the wonderful players and GMs Kumquat got to share a locker room with -

The Dallas Birddogs for being my first home in the ISFL a whole two players ago, and the reason I fell in love with this league. Thanks for bringing me back to the team even when I assured you I was going to dip out after only one season! Hopefully my scattered activity in the war room over the last 13 seasons has helped make up for leaving to get cigarettes after a season and never coming back.

The Yellowknife Wraiths for sharing in my big expectations for Kumquat from the beginning. The Wraiths used the 4th overall pick on Kumquat way back in S35, and they put him in a position to succeed from the start. Huge thanks to @TubaDeus and @ZootTX for all of the hard work you guys did slaving away in the sim dungeon to help so many of our players have such great seasons during our time at Yellowknife. Thanks for giving me one of the best seasons a player could possibly have in this league. More importantly, thanks for all the great chats over the years - you are both such fun and kind people. Big LR dad energy. Special shoutout to @PMoney for being the best backfield partner I could have asked for. Lastly, on a slightly selfish note, one final thank you to YKW for putting me in a position to take what was already a really solid career and make it even better - it's cool to be able to say I was part of a trade that made both teams better. Those are generally so much more fun than lopsided trades that leave half the league annoyed.

The Baltimore Hawks for helping me to take what was already a very solid career, and expand it into dare I say one of the best careers a running back has had in this league.  Certainly among the best careers a receiving back has had in the ISFL, which is all I could have asked to accomplish when I created Kumquat. Thanks to @dude_man for the regression advice and all the sim magic you did to help Kumquat (I'm sorry not to mince words here) hang absolute dong upon defensive backfields for a couple of really stellar seasons. Shoutout to @DarknessRising for being a great teammate in the LR, an excellent friend during my time in HO (which, even though I retired from that a while back, I never wrote an HO retirement post and my tenure with HO coincided with much of Kumquat's career, so you'll have to allow it now), and the perfect QB for Kumquat's short lived but fierce reign of terror. While I'm shouting out users I shared both HO and the Hawks locker room with, a sincere thank you to @qWest for suggesting that I apply for HO in the first place. 

Sarasota for providing a home (for longer than we talked about, at that!) to a player well past his prime, and maintaining an incredibly fun environment while doing so. It took me 3.5 years in this league to join a team through free agency, and the Sailfish sure made the wait worth it. I could not have asked for a better group of teammates to end my career with, even if one of them was named Willier Miller. (fr tho shoutout to @Sebster too for being the best) Special thanks to anyone who ever posted or read a #fish-of-the-week entry. One last big thanks to @abh89 for building Kumquat a nice upstate farm and helping me figure out my player's build when the TPE theft started getting extra dicey. Also for the fantasy advice you've dispensed to all of us over the last several seasons! It does not go unappreciated. That most certainly goes for you too Tuba (oh no now I've let the YKW and SAR thank you sections mix)

Career Accolades and Awards:
2x MVP (S39, S44)
2x Ultimus (S39, S43)
1x Ultimini (S34)
Merchandiser of Touchdowns (most reasonable prices in the ISFL 13 seasons running)

Record Progression:
19,125 yards from scrimmage (2nd in league history - I'd like to use the rest of this line of text to acknowledge what an incredibly dominant career @Opera_Phantom had)
144 TDs from scrimmage (5th)
9,475 career receiving yards (63rd; 1st among RBs)
54 career receiving TDs (82nd; 1st among RBs)
9,650 career rushing yards (19th)
90 career rushing TDs (15th)
422 career pancakes (4th among RBs)
1,053 playoff receiving yards (10th)
8 playoff receiving TDs (6th)
982 playoff rushing yards (5th)
15 playoff rushing TDs (1st)
2,035 playoff yards from scrimmage (1st)
23 playoff TDs from scrimmage (1st)
138 points scored in the playoffs (1st, take that ISFL kickers save for the King himself, Swantavius)

One final thank you to all of the friends I've made in the ISFL - we have such a wonderfully unique community, and it wouldn't be the same without you!

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - Sebster - 04-18-2024

a little kumquat as a treat for a good sailfish

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - Yeenoghu - 04-18-2024

(04-18-2024, 02:02 PM)ReverendOReily Wrote: 138 points scored in the playoffs (1st, take that ISFL kickers)
wtf I told you about this record

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - dude_man - 04-18-2024

Kumquat will always be a legend in my book! Thanks for being willing to join the Hawks, and I'm glad that you were a key piece in our Ultimus win!

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - WildfireMicro - 04-18-2024

Absolute legend

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - ReverendOReily - 04-18-2024

(04-18-2024, 02:06 PM)Yeenoghu Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 02:02 PM)ReverendOReily Wrote: 138 points scored in the playoffs (1st, take that ISFL kickers)
wtf I told you about this record
Oh god you're so right, I have updated that line

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - swoosh - 04-18-2024

Baltimore legend, wish I could’ve spent more time with you

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - Pat - 04-18-2024

You're welcome for that S34 Ultimini btw

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - DREAMSLOTH - 04-18-2024

Quote:9,475 career receiving yards (63rd; 1st among RBs)

This may never be touched. Kumquat the God.

RE: ISFL 69 for 69: Kumquat Archipelago - unconfident - 04-18-2024

I Love Feet!