International Simulation Football League
(S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke (/showthread.php?tid=50712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

(S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Baron1898 - 04-15-2024

(S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke

Complete the weekly Point Task to earn 3 TPE! All written responses must be at least 150 words. PT's may be submitted in another language, if you mention what language you are translating into, to make the job of the grader easier.

Do not claim this TPE until it has been graded and posted to the S47 claim thread. This task is due next Sunday, April 21st, 2024 at 11:59 EDT. Have fun and get writing!

Written option: Imagine you had the opportunity to swap places with any other player in the league, changing your position, team, and place on the depth chart. Who would you choose to swap with? What would you do in their place, and how would they do in yours? What might you do differently from them?

Graphic option: Create a graphic that shows your player in a completely new situation and how they have adjusted to it in some way.

Affiliate claims from SHL, SSL, and PBE are accepted; link directly to your post and add a note if your username is different there. Make sure the week of the affiliate PT matches with the week of this point task.

Written and graphic responses must be posted solely in this thread and not for additional media credit. Also, if you try to build your word count by being super repetitive and rambling on, you will not get full credit. If you are caught plagiarizing/stealing someone else’s work, you will be punished as HO sees fit, including the potential loss of TPE or money. Do your own work please. If you have a non-full PT pass and would like to use it this week, make sure to post in the thread. No need to post in the thread if you have a full PT Pass.

If you have ideas for future PTs, visit the link below, and your idea may be used next week!!

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthread.php?tid=9205 - Submit Prompt Ideas here!

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - ZootTX - 04-15-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - DL14 - 04-15-2024

So this is what you were up to huh

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - jreed12 - 04-15-2024

I would choose to swap places with my dear friend and colleague Zenzeroni Xystarch II. Zenzeroni is someone who has taught me a lot about the league, and helped me discover myself in my own writing, and during our great beef of S46, I kept thinking to myself, what would it be like to be in Zenzy's shoes? What would it be like to be a noodle man?

See, Zen seems to think the only thing I care about is money. But the truth is, I actually empathize a great deal with him. Being reduced down to one narrow perspective of your character, whether a maniacal kicker or a greedy fake news journalist, can be disheartening. I just know there's more than meets the eye with the noodle man, and in my infinite prophetic wisdom I want to spend a day in his shoes and see the real Zenzy, the one that nobody else gets to see.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - ValorX77 - 04-15-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - WildfireMicro - 04-15-2024

Adam Journey has not been in the league long, so I believe the only fair thing is to swap with a player from his draft class. So for this exercise I choose Willieh Strong, so my player becomes a buff Python Linebacker, while Willieh becomes a fat but fast Cornerback. Adam as Willieh would probably spend his time pumping iron, but would probably not travel as much as he used to. However I do believe he would still have the spirit of traveling with him from his previous life as Adam. Plus, Adam as Willieh would have a bit of a difficult time adjusting to the linebacker position, though I think he could eventually figure it out.

Willieh as Adam would have a heck of a time adjusting to Adam's habit of living in a deluxe RV, and his position of CB would be a challenge to adjust to as well. I do think that Willieh as Adam would cause Adams body to lose weight, and honestly their records would change, because both players team's are 3-4.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - r0tzbua - 04-15-2024

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - jadda123876 - 04-15-2024

Oh joys, if only to be given such a gift, to assume the personage of a person for merely a day...

I would simply step into @lock180's mind and peer into the life, existence, and constant ramblings of a madman and a genius.

Mr. Xystaarch himself? What ever could cause such a figure to have such a raging passion against someone like Baron? What could possibly be the reason as to why someone would go on a four post rant with which to get the point across, and then barring that, create an entire conspiracy surrounding the character of Zenzeroni, developing an entire lore around a single character in a way that just really makes me resonate as a passionate writer myself?

To slip into the chaotic, almost joker-like (heh) persona, to have singular access to such unhinged and powerful agenda?

Oh man, if I wasn't already a massive problem to the ISFL, I would become one so profoundly easily.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - yonggarius - 04-15-2024

After watching is quarterback Elijah Dyson throw too many interceptions (thereby basically throwing the game away), Robot Sunfish decided to take matters into his own hands. He will be the Quarterback in Dyson's stead, and free his team from the nightmare of interceptions. You might ask "how do you that Sunfish won't throw any interceptions?". Well, that's because Sunfish does not have any means whatsoever to throw the ball. Being a robotic fish, he lacks a proper arm. And that's why he was a pass rusher instead of a coverage guy. Now that he's under center, though, he's going to turn the Seawolves into a rugby team. The days of passing is over, and the only offense for the Seawolves will be rushing attack from Sunfish - who is quite fast and strong - and their two very capable running backs. The receivers wil be playing jet sweeps, as well as blocking roles. And as for Dyson, he'll be a linebacker in Sunfish's place, and most likely do quite well since he has some speed as a mobile quarterback.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - papalinator - 04-15-2024

If I had the opportunity to swap with another player in the league, I wouldn't. I have landed in 2 perfect spots, and have no desire to change that. If I were forced to swap with another player, I would swap with Tyler Higbee. Honolulu has decided to pick up a TE in the 2nd round (which seems odd IMO). However, Kronkowski has been relatively equal, (I would argue better) to Higbee in terms of performance. The difference of TPE is consistently close, but Kronkowski has had the slight edge (currently 352 vs 348). Kronkowski also brings an analytical mind, which is extremely helpful to a team in a rebuild. As evidence, see the 2 massive statistical articles posted. Kronkowski has just been flying under the radar because he puts his head down and grinds, not yapping (in Higbee's own words). Higbee would probably do well in Tijuana, as everyone else does. Kronkowski would likely have similar results in Portland. The two are interchangeable from the outside, but I have to think that Kronkowski is the greatest TE in the DSFL, and will be a Hall of Famer in the future.