International Simulation Football League
*What would you recreate as? - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *What would you recreate as? (/showthread.php?tid=50987)

Pages: 1 2

*What would you recreate as? - Bazooka_Joe - 04-30-2024

Alright, I am once again motivated to make money in this league. What to talk about is my problem... I don't want to spend my time talking about myself or how Baltimore has been so far. Both have been a great experience, but @swoosh is awful to me and needs to be under investigation by the ISFL.
Let's talk about a subject I think everyone can enjoy. kind of.
If you were to recreate now, what position would you go for?

Quarterback? I can only assume this needs to be a max earner, I am so busy with the Pro Baseball Experience that this would not work well at all for me. I have noticed in the ISFL the quarterback isn't always the most important position on the field. I also love watching a team tied late in the 4th quarter deep in their own zone throwing the ball and throwing an interception. Seems the sim league lacks some common knowledge at times.

Running back? I was originally set up to be this, was excited to try it out but my main team needed me in another position, I was ok with moving to linebacker. Not sure what the best set up for this would be. Receiving back? Speed back or power back?

Fullback? The lost art. Seems to be lost in this sim league as well. Not sure what kind of playbook needs to be ran to make this a legit threat. When I first joined, I created as a fullback and was quickly changed to Running back. Was hoping an I formation or split backs was something used. Honestly, I don't know much about the sim and what playbooks can be used.

Wide Receiver? In the few months I've been in this league this position makes me feel it's the second most important position to max out on offense. I could be wrong but the way some teams throw the ball makes me a believer that this might be more important than running back in some cases. Not all good to max though especially on a struggling team or a team that is run heavy.

Tight End? Is there a shortage in this league of Tight ends, this would be a serious contender to recreate as if this was true. Again, with how teams are set up I can imagine a blocking tight end would be pretty nice and one you wouldn't have to necessarily max out with tPE.

Offensive line? This would be fun. I have heard people do this a lot to build their bank for their next player. Just not buying equipment but making sure your weekly's and everything else is done. Could be a serious contender for my next create as well.

Defensive lineman? Tackle or on the end would be fun. Just attacking the quarterback every play. What's better though? Nose tackle, interior rusher or all purpose? My main focus would help to stop the run. Seems linebackers can get to the quarterback easier in this league.

Linebacker? Well, this is my current creates position. It can be a lot of fun and the sacks seem to rack up quick especially when you have the extra perks on your guy. This is probably the second most important position to max earn on defense I would say.

Safety? Can be a tackling machine at times, even though Cornerbacks get all the action. A ball hawk would be fun but I feel we would be waiting every game for a pick and most the time it comes to the cornerbacks. Free safety seems to be the better option to pick here for interceptions?

Cornerbacks? this could be the most important position on the defense TPE wise but please let me know if im wrong. Probably needs to be a good earner and something I myself am not really interested in.

So, you tell me. What is the best option for a mid-earner? or what is for a max and what position would you recreate as? I am truly interested if anyone answers this haha.

RE: What would you recreate as? - zaynzk - 04-30-2024

Imo most positions (excluding QB) can be a solid as a mid earner as long as u are clear with it before hand

Like mid earning WR is a good WR2/3, a mid earning RB2 is pretty solid, TE and OL tend to have a lot of mid earners, same with some linemen and Libebacker

I think the key thing is that a lot who don’t max earn may not get the “1” spot but there’s enough spots in the league to be a solid player who maxes out at like 800ish tpe which is probably less then mid earning

RE: What would you recreate as? - jdc4654 - 04-30-2024

Listed every position but kicker

RE: What would you recreate as? - Bazooka_Joe - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 04:35 PM)jdc4654 Wrote: Listed every position but kicker

I... I dont have an excuse. I didnt mean to kill that position off but I completely forgot about them

RE: What would you recreate as? - Bazooka_Joe - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 04:33 PM)zaynzk Wrote: Imo most positions (excluding QB) can be a solid as a mid earner as long as u are clear with it before hand

Like mid earning WR is a good WR2/3, a mid earning RB2 is pretty solid,  TE and OL tend to have a lot of mid earners, same with some linemen and Libebacker

I think the key thing is that a lot who don’t max earn may not get the “1” spot but there’s enough spots in the league to be a solid player who maxes out at like 800ish tpe which is probably less then mid earning

which I could feel would be an understanding between the GM and player. I would totally be ok being a Wide receiver 2 or 3 and not max earn. I would be surprised if somebody wasn't in that case.

RE: What would you recreate as? - dude_man - 04-30-2024

Recreate deez

RE: What would you recreate as? - swoosh - 04-30-2024

I'm innocent

RE: What would you recreate as? - CROney3 - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 05:08 PM)swoosh Wrote: I'm innocent
:doubt:

RE: What would you recreate as? - swoosh - 04-30-2024

(04-30-2024, 05:41 PM)CROney3 Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 05:08 PM)swoosh Wrote: I'm innocent
:doubt:
[Image: l4_mgO.gif]