International Simulation Football League
*Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft (/showthread.php?tid=51123)

*Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Muddym13 - 05-06-2024

So, here I am, diving into the wild world of mock drafts and posing my first-ever one for this upcoming S48 ISFL draft. Let me tell you, it was a bit more work than I anticipated and a lot of second-guessing. I had pretty much every team's TPE spreadsheet opened at once, scrolling through player stats, and scratching my head over team needs. I've read through all the mock drafts already put out and read them again to get some inspiration on where people are ranking everyone. Most of all, I found myself just randomly guessing by the end of it cause these drafts are hard to predict haha. But hey, that's the fun of it, right? So, kick back, grab your favorite snack, and join me on this journey as I take a shot at predicting the first round in the S48 draft.

1.01. COL Colorado Yeti - POR LB Willeh Strong (@wetwilleh)

Reason: With the first overall pick to kick off this draft, I have the Yeti selecting one of the yap gods himself, and former 1st overall DSFL pick, Willeh Strong. With a current TPE of 242, there's nothing you can't like from this great player and user. Strong is currently one of the picks for DRotY and has had a very fast and effective start to his career. Wetwilleh is also one of the most active users in this draft class and will be a huge gain in Colorado's locker room. Additionally, considering the age of some of the team's current linebackers, investing in young talent like Strong ensures a smooth transition and a promising future for the team's defense. Overall, this pick addresses both immediate defensive needs and long-term planning, making it a pretty straightforward selection for the Colorado Yeti to make.

1.02. HON Honolulu Hahalua - LON LB Adolin Collins (@infern8)

Reason: As I saw in my weekly matchup reviews, the main thing holding back the Hahalua from winning more games was their defense. Having the last-ranked defense in the entire league this season needs to be addressed and I have a feeling Honolulu will do it in this draft. To start off their first of three first-round selections, I have them taking Adolin Collins from the London Royals. Collins had a very strong year posting over 100 tackles and 8 sacks in 14 games. With a lackluster Linebacker core, the addition of Collins injects youthful energy and depth into the position group. Infern8 also has a proven record of having a long career before this player so I believe this is the right pick for Honolulu to start their draft. (Also gotta rep my fellow Royal)

1.03. AUS Austin Copperheads - BBB WR Seer Lal (@omg)

Reason: The Copperheads saw their offensive slowing them down this year, especially the passing game that ranked just 10th in the league. With a solid defense, it's time for them to start bringing the offense up to speed and they do just that by picking WR Seer Lal 3rd overall. Having a very solid year posting 837 yards and 7 TDs, he will be the boost needed in the wide receiver room in Austin, especially considering they have both their receivers in regression. In addition, Lal already has 252 TPE, so this is a fantastic snag for the Copperheads.

1.04. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - NOR LB Robot Sunfish (@yonggarius)

Reason: The Salamanders are in the midst of a rebuild and have 3 first-round picks this year. There are many different needs in this team but I feel that one of the most pressing ones is the Linebacker. Having all three close to regression calls for some new life to be inserted into the group. That is why I have Robot Sunfish going 4th overall. Sunfish has been having a fantastic year with 105 tackles and 6 sacks. The most appealing aspect of Sunfish is the user behind him, Yonggarius. He is a proven max earner and very active in Discord which makes him a great pick for the Fire Salamanders to draft.

1.05. NYS New York Silverbacks - LON RB Zigzag Zipstep (@Twenty6)

Reason: Given that Frank Dux, their current running back, is from S39 and may need replacing soon due to regression, selecting Zigzag Zipstep is almost a no-brainer for the Silverbacks in this spot. Zipstep was a baller this year on the Royals putting up over 1,200 total yards with it being almost split down the middle of receiving and rushing. Twenty6 is also a fantastic user who I had the pleasure of playing with this season and brings with him an abundance of knowledge to help the team to succeed overall.

1.06. SAR Sarasota Sailfish - MIN CB Jet Larson (@DocLars)

Reason: With two of their corners being in regression and the other only 2 seasons away, I think Sarasota will want to get some depth for the position and grab Jet Larson. Even though Sarasota's offense ranked last this year, I feel there is enough depth on the offensive side to grab a WR in the second round. Jet Larson is one of the top corner prospects this year and also has a great active user behind them in DocLars. Teams will not be having fun playing this defense next season.

1.07. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - NOR LB Mac Mannheim (@ACynicalGamer)

Reason: For pretty much the same reason that I wrote in their first pick, the Fire Salamanders are going to be doubling up and locking down their LB core of the future with Mac Mannheim. Although Mannheim ranked 5th in tackles for rookie linebackers, the user ACynicalGamer has been very active in Discord and showed that he would be a great person to play along with. Berlin would have to be ecstatic to grab him at this position and team him up with Sunfish to form their defense for years to come, as Mannheim can easily go higher than 1.07.

1.08. HON Honolulu Hahalua - LON DE Rex Havoc (@Muddym13)

Reason: Bust.

1.09. COL Colorado Yeti - DAL DT GCBWRNW Princess Dount (@OrbitingDeath)

Reason: Having two great careers before making this gem of a player, OrbitingDeath will be getting selected 9th overall to the Yeti. If the user's resume alone isn't enough justification, one of the Yeti's worst positions coming into the draft is defensive tackle, with their current one sitting at 173 TPE and well into regression. Honestly, I can see either myself (Havoc) or OrbitingDeath being swapped in the draft, as both are some of the top defensive linemen in the draft. Whatever Honolulu doesn't take will most likely be taken next as both teams need that position. Juan Carrasco would also be in the conversation.

1.10. HON Honolulu Hahalua - DAL LB Draven Chanos (@.Laser)

Reason: .Laser has been around the league for a while and will bring valuable experience and knowledge to a young Honolulu team. Being a HOF User and GM, it would be hard to pass up that resume, especially this late in the first round as he will most likely be gone if Honolulu passes on him. Easy pick here to get an ISFL legend in the locker room.

1.11. CHI Chicago Butchers - MIN CB Tyler Oles III (@Oles)

Reason: Again, I am going with a team picking a user who has been with the league for a while (since 2017!) and knows their way around a locker room. Chicago is taking Oles to keep him around for another career with the Butchers. A quick look at the Butcher roster shows a need for CB as mostly all 3 of their current ones are in or close to regression so some young blood is needed. If Oles is still on the board, this pick is almost a guarantee in my eyes.

1.12. SJS San Jose Sabercats - LON DT Juan Carrasco (@Wiggli)

Reason: San Jose has one of the most solid teams in the league currently, but has one weakness that could be addressed in the first round, which is the defensive line. For their pick, they will be taking Juan Carrasco, the best defensive line prospect on the board. Even though he is a new user, Wiggli has the potential to become a driving force on that Sabercats line for many seasons to come. (Go Royals)

1.13. BER Berlin Fire Salamanders - TIJ S Alexandros Sotiris (@Fno)

Reason: The first safety off the board, Sotiris, will be heading to Berlin. The Fire Salamanders are going all in with defense with this draft and finish off their first-round picks going after the secondary. All three of Berlin's safeties are in regression and with the best prospect left on the board, they go ahead and get the final piece of their defensive big three for the future.

1.14. ARI Arizona Outlaws - KCC WR Big Tractor (@Nectorist)

Reason: The Outlaws don't need much after coming off their back-to-back championship run. However, with their two receivers getting older, I put some new life in their wide receiver room with Big Tractor. Nectorist has been a great new user and seems to be a very active and solid player going into the future, so don't be surprised to see him get taken higher even.

Well there we go, my mock draft for the first round this upcoming Friday. There are a lot of great users in this draft class and am excited to see where everyone ends up!

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Assistant to the POR GM - 05-06-2024

I want back 2 back POR 1OAs

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Daniel - 05-06-2024

not enough ducks

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - wetwilleh - 05-06-2024

1.08. HON Honolulu Hahalua - LON DE Rex Havoc (@Muddym13)

Reason: Bust.

mood

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Twenty6 - 05-06-2024

Whoever did this mock has no idea what he's talking about. To all GMs: Rex Havoc (Muddym13) is the real deal. Don't sleep on this user/player.

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - JJ5 - 05-06-2024

Nice formatting

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - Amkamkamk - 05-07-2024

Similar to your weekly matchup posts, this another really thoughtful and well-reasoned read.
Great work this season!

RE: Muddy's (Probably Completely Wrong) S48 Mock Draft - AustinP0027 - 05-07-2024

This is a really good one