International Simulation Football League
Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment (/showthread.php?tid=51210)

Pages: 1 2 3

Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Thor - 05-13-2024

Hello everyone,

Recently it was brought to the attention of ISFL HO that @IceBear32 shared private information regarding the ISFL draft to a user who did not already have access to it before the ISFL draft had aired in violation of rule VI.B.5. Icebear had told another user all of the draft picks Honolulu had made, so that they could create signatures for the incoming draftees. After a conversation with Icebear, it was made clear that Icebear knew this would likely end up in a punishment, and it was done thinking about the best interests of the team rather than a malicious action.

This incident is unlike a majority of the previous leaking punishments that have been administered. Urq66, UptownCord, Opera_Phantom, MMFlex, Frazzle14 all received 2m fines for leaking pick/picks information and were defined as accidents. Head Office would like to make it crystal clear that it is unacceptable for a GM to decide which rules to follow based on their own team's self-interest and in this case, it was a deliberate leak of information and thus will be punished more harshly. Mobi was punished for a draft leak, and Frick for leaking to non-war room members, and were fined 6M and half gm pay respectively, as well as a loss of Mock Draft TPE. HO followed these lines for our verdict, however since both of these punishments were prior to the change from Mock Draft to First Rounders, HO finds that it would not be appropriate to carry forward the removal of TPE as part of the punishment. Therefore:

Icebear will be fined half of his S48 GM payment (6m).

As always, Icebear can reach out to @Attopax or any other member of appeal if he wishes to appeal his case.

During this situation a discussion occurred around how war rooms provide access to priveledged information, and that in this case if Icebear had added the user in question to their war room (though the user is currently in the next upcoming DSFL class), that it would have been legal. This implies that it would be fine for ISFL teams to have any DSFL rookie they wish added to their war room, which could cause significant tampering concerns. This is something HO will review to determine if changes need to be made in the rulebook to address this particular scenario going forward.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - WALDO - 05-13-2024

free icebear he ain’t do nothin

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - MMFLEX - 05-13-2024

#FreeIcebear

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - lordcoolcats - 05-13-2024

Reminder that fines should be a % and not a flat rate. 

I'm so sick of Icebear getting away with everything.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Beck - 05-13-2024

Can we appeal for a harsher punishment?

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - .HoshinoIchika - 05-13-2024

can't believe he would do this with his giant head and all

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Cycro - 05-13-2024

Common HO L, I can't believe they would try to stifle innovation and progress like this. Icebear was just creating efficiency in the work place, something I think we could all learn from.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - UptownCord - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 06:50 AM)Beck Wrote: Can we appeal for a harsher punishment?

For real, HO has gotten soft

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - Pat - 05-13-2024

Serious question:

So a GM is allowed to deliberately break a rule because they're doing it, "thinking about the best interests of the team rather than a malicious action" and only catches a 6M fine (basically nothing given how wealthy so many of our users are)?

I feel like it's time for me to get back into GMing and break every rule I can for the betterment of my team.

RE: Icebear - Draft Leaking Punishment - DarknessRising - 05-13-2024

(05-13-2024, 08:20 AM)Pat Wrote: Serious question:

So a GM is allowed to deliberately break a rule because they're doing it, "thinking about the best interests of the team rather than a malicious action" and only catches a 6M fine (basically nothing given how wealthy so many of our users are)?

I feel like it's time for me to get back into GMing and break every rule I can for the betterment of my team.

Well it was never allowed, hence why its being punished.

As for the degree of that punishment, what would you have gone for here/liked to see?